• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Graces (Wii) Tales of VS (PSP), Tales of Vesperia (PS3) JP sites open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

I think it'll be better if someone makes a new thread for Tales Festival 2009 later when Watch Impress and/or Famitsu puts up their full write ups.

Rpgmonkey

duckroll said:
Oh second thought, maybe not. It seems this year's Tales Festival is kinda fail. :lol

:lol

Anyway, the cover for ToV PS3. Kinda lame if you ask me, and the drawing looks odd this time.

tovps311.jpg

Rpgmonkey

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Daaamn....this is perfect for Hometek to screw with :(

c20090614_tov_04_cs1w1_640x480.jpg

Wow, it's amazing how subtle different parts of character design really can be.

In comparison to the originals, I expected the outfits to compliment the characters a little more. The way their hair color looks with the outfits makes them look weirder than I expected.

At any rate, it's a pretty fun little easter egg.

And this is practically guaranteed to be more "Namco-style" DLC...

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Daaamn....this is perfect for Hometek to screw with :(

c20090614_tov_04_cs1w1_640x480.jpg
Buahahahaha!! this is absurd!!
They should have given the blond guy a Guy costume, they both are clones to begin with so it won't look as weird as this.

Oh so now the Red-head is playable, sweet!

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
duckroll said:
I can't believe we actually had a Tales Festival where they didn't announce a DS game. Shocking I say, SHOCKING!
No new Tales games being announced at all is nearly mind blowing, I guess they finally realized what they've been doing to the brand?

Rpgmonkey

BrodiemanTTR said:
How'd Hearts sell?

About the same as pretty much every other recent Tales game besides RM2. Around 200K.

I didn't expect something so soon though. They'll probably announce the next one in November or December.

Wizpig

jj984jj said:
No new Tales games being announced at all is nearly mind blowing, I guess they finally realized what they've been doing to the brand?
Even if they do announce thousands of new Tales of, you can just ignore them all and buy only the Mothership ones, if you want... or the Symphonia team ones like i'd like to do [Symphonia, Abyss, Vesperia, etc.]

wrowa

So, they have shown a new Graces trailer? Can we expect to see it in the next few hours/days?

Wizpig said:
Even if they do announce thousands of new Tales of, you can just ignore them all and buy only the Mothership ones, if you want... or the Symphonia team ones like i'd like to do [Symphonia, Abyss, Vesperia, etc.]
Why should one want to ignore the Team Destiny Tales games?

Rpgmonkey

Few pics, not really that new in regards to info though.

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1224976_1124.html

The person doing the theme song was supposed to be announced here. Wonder what happened...

wrowa said:
So, they have shown a new Graces trailer? Can we expect to see it in the next few hours/days?

He doesn't seem to have said when the trailer will be available for those who didn't go.

I assume this is more of a sign that it'll pop up pretty soon, maybe sometime this week, or at least before the end of the month.

Wizpig

wrowa said:
Why should one want to ignore the Team Destiny Tales games?
I don't think those usually come out in Europe... hey, i'm probably wrong, but i played Eternia on PSP and didn't like as much as Symphonia ;) didn't even finish it...

Even if there are so many Tales of nowadays i'm still happy if the Symphonia team makes quality titles.
I also love Fujishima's artworks and those are always in Tales of games by the Phantasia/Symphonia team :p

wrowa

Wizpig said:
I don't think those usually come out in Europe... hey, i'm probably wrong, but i played Eternia on PSP and didn't like as much as Symphonia ;) didn't even finish it...

Even if there are so many Tales of nowadays i'm still happy if the Symphonia team makes quality titles.
I also love Fujishima's artworks and those are always in Tales of games by the Phantasia/Symphonia team :p
Eternia isn't by Team Destiny and Team Symphonia is not the Phantasia team. Both games were (originally) developed and released long before the disjunction in Team Symphonia and Team Destiny even existed. Actually, the "Tales Studios" as a whole did not exist at that time.

Rpgmonkey said:
He doesn't seem to have said when the trailer will be available for those who didn't go.

I assume this is more of a sign that it'll pop up pretty soon, maybe sometime this week, or at least before the end of the month.
Well, I keep my fingers crossed.

QBv1xj2GNjJus1szr1bHHtl9qF64LJJB.jpg

Please tell me this is the new overworld :)

Dascu said:
You should've made a thread for The Munchables, man.

I did, when it was unveiled.

Now back to the thread, so only Graces, Vs, Vesperia PS3 and the movie were shown at the event? Doesn't at least one new game get announced at every event?

RetroMG

So I was looking for info on the PS3 release of Vesperia and found this. It's not much, just a response to a comment on an SCEA employee blog, asking about ToV PS3:

Thanks for the all the info and cant wait for this game but i got a question, do you have any info regarding tales of vesperia for ps3 coming to NA?
thanks

Jeff Rubenstein replied on April 30, 2009 at 11:39 am

I was just talking to Namco Bandai about that this week. No news at this time, but I’ll keep pushing them :)

So, what does it mean? Nothing, really. But it gives me some small shard of hope.

Also, I was reading that ToV 360 had both English and Japanese text in the JP release? Maybe they'll be kind enough to do that again.

wrowa

RetroGamer42 said:
Also, I was reading that ToV 360 had both English and Japanese text in the JP release? Maybe they'll be kind enough to do that again.
The english text was on the disc, yes. But iirc it was not selectable in-game. So it was pretty much pointless.

(The PAL version is supposed to be dual audio, but that won't help you a bit)

Akai

wrowa said:
QBv1xj2GNjJus1szr1bHHtl9qF64LJJB.jpg

Please tell me this is the new overworld :)

From what I remember, there IS no overworld...No, no, not in the Dawn of the New World sense, but that there is an interconnected flow between towns and fields...

Rpgmonkey

Hero of Legend said:
I did, when it was unveiled.

Now back to the thread, so only Graces, Vs, Vesperia PS3 and the movie were shown at the event? Doesn't at least one new game get announced at every event?

It's a Tales fan event.

There's two different events:

-The fiscal year press conference, where at least one new game will be announced.
-Tales of Festival, a fan event that just focuses on the game(s) announced at the press conference instead of announcing any.

Rpgmonkey said:
It's a Tales fan event.

There's two different events:

-The fiscal year press conference, where at least one new game will be announced.
-Tales of Festival, a fan event that just focuses on the game(s) announced at the press conference instead of announcing any.

Thanks. :) So when is this year's press conference?

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Rpgmonkey said:
There was a new trailer. No idea when they'll make it public. I have a feeling the teaser website's finally going to open this week though, so maybe the trailer will be there too.

And the red-haired girl might have been confirmed as a party member. She's apparently shown in gameplay in the trailer.

Red-head: Spears and Rapiers. Styles are "sweep" and "thrust"
Sophie: Chakrams and guns. Styles are "throw" and "shoot".
oh wow, i think Red jumped up to be my favorite Tales character ever. i LOVED the concept of Alice in DotNW, but now that Red fights with swords like the rapier, HELLO main battle person.

Rpgmonkey said:
Already happened back in April.

Oh right. So that's pretty much it for this year except for Jump Festa in December again, but I think we just got lucky in 2007. Maybe one of the upcoming games will have a game unveiling trailer in a bonus disc perhaps?

Rpgmonkey said:
There was a new trailer. No idea when they'll make it public. I have a feeling the teaser website's finally going to open this week though, so maybe the trailer will be there too.

And the red-haired girl might have been confirmed as a party member. She's apparently shown in gameplay in the trailer.
YAY!

Wait . . . I thought Sophie was a fist fighter with those crazy gauntlet looking things on her arms. 0_o

Rpgmonkey

Camera capture of Tales of VS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYEeijCJOwg

You know, I just noticed it, but there seems to be a pretty large emphasis on characters from games that have released in English.

Might just be a coincidence of picking out popular characters, but maybe they're trying to make it so it's a little easier for people in the west to grasp.

Jiggy

I'd vaguely consider using the Asch costume, but no way for the others. Should have been Cress or Guy for Flynn due to their hair color and similar movesets, and for Estelle either Raine (for her love of random book knowledge) or Mint (for pairing with her Mint hat). Although that's just speaking in terms of optimization; I'd take most anything, honestly, since blondie Flynnuke scares me and Tear-hair Estelle weirds me out even mor than Estelle-hair Estelle or Tear-hair Tear.

Rpgmonkey said:
Judith and Estelle in one character? Not what I expected from her looks, but I'll go with it. Delight Roll with spear range and Air Divide into (a heavily modified) Luna Crush would be awesome. And if she's got thrusting attacks, I hope they don't give her that wimpy Pierce Cluster stuff and really load her up with Sword Spear Rain so I can continue my pattern of constantly avoiding playing main Tales heroes even the one time I like his design. :p

Guns will be nice since I wanted to play Iria in Innocence (and may never, though that's beside the point), and as for chakrams: I hope Ring Cyclone will be brought back, un-nerfed, and used in a 3D-movement Tales game which is up to par. If she gets just that and a throwing-style Pow Hammer (and no other character pulls an Anise with a modified super hammer attack), then Graces will have a wonderful shot at taking the crown for mainline Tales game that splits my battle attention between the greatest number of characters.

Edit: Something more important calls, now that I'm watching this VS trailer. Have we gotten any kind of hint or confirmation yet that those 2D shots Namco's been tossing in since the beginning are anything like what I'm hoping they are, namely stills of a full-fledged mode?

TreIII

Rpgmonkey said:
Camera capture of Tales of VS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYEeijCJOwg

You know, I just noticed it, but there seems to be a pretty large emphasis on characters from games that have released in English.

Might just be a coincidence of picking out popular characters, but maybe they're trying to make it so it's a little easier for people in the west to grasp.

I just think it's a thing of going with what's popular. There's still plenty of JP/import fan-catering in here, thanks to the likes of Lion and other such characters being present.

Not that I'm mad at all, either way. After all, it's still not likely for Vs. to come over this side.

Firestorm

Estelle with Tear costume is the only non really awkward looking picture. My brother just started Vesperia and I forgot how freaking good that game looks @_@

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
SilverLunar said:
The characters' model isn't that good.
Hoping these are placeholders TBH.
Red and Purple specially.
seriously? i know it doesn't have the visual fidelity of Vesperia, but damn man, these models look top notch!

i especially liked the enemy soldier design, if only because it's absolutely ridiculous. :lol
the other characters are looking great though and the environments/new overworld system is simply stunning. can't wait :D

doomed1 said:
seriously? i know it doesn't have the visual fidelity of Vesperia, but damn man, these models look top notch!

i especially liked the enemy soldier design, if only because it's absolutely ridiculous. :lol
the other characters are looking great though and the environments/new overworld system is simply stunning. can't wait :D

71.jpg

Yeah, because you can't tell the soldier to about-face.

Anyway, I REALLY hope they bring back the Monster collecting element from DotNW in Graces, that was really fun, and really raises the replayablility factor.

Was it ever mentioned if that was well recieved by the Japanese audience or whoever BN would pay attention to?

doomed1 said:

I really can't see this, I'll wait for direct feed images and the trailer.
The purple head's eyes specially creeps me, maybe if the game have a cel-shading coat it will look less creepy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom