• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Vesperia $15 Today Only!

If you've got the money buy it. Best JRPG I've played this gen and wouldn't be surprised if it were better than FFXIII. Good length. GET IT.

Pumpkins

Dark FaZe said:
If you've got the money buy it. Best JRPG I've played this gen and wouldn't be surprised if it were better than FFXIII. Good length. GET IT.

I played the demo and hated it... Is the demo a good representation of the game?

Cowie

i was gonna wait for the ps3 version, but $15 is a bit too good. V for vendetta Blu-Ray had been sitting in my cart for a while now, waiting for something to bring it up to $25 for free shipping.. the two together came out to $25.47. Nice.

RBH

Pumpkins said:
I played the demo and hated it... Is the demo a good representation of the game?
The demo is not a good representation of the full game at all, from what I've heard.

Owzers

I'm no longer waiting for the PS3 version, because even if it comes to the U.S. i wouldnt buy it at full price, and it will take a long time for it to drop down to $15, so boughtttttttt. I got two copies, an extra to sell, which is something i normally never do but there was absolutely nothing else i wanted from amazon to get free shipping.

Lyude77

I want this, but I bought The Orange Box less than a week ago and my brother just bought NHL 09 (surprisingly great). It's hard to justify, especially since I still have Persona 4, Dragon Quest XIII, and every Final Fantasy game for Playstation systems on my backlog. Oh, and Chrono Trigger. I borrowed the Square games from a friend who gave away his PS2, that's why I have so many. I'm about to finish Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2 though. :lol

Oh, and I'll have Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga at Christmas...yeah, I can't afford to get this.

Edit:
Guts Of Thor said:
Been wanting to buy this for a while. It will be my first jrpg that I've ever played.
I felt obligated to say this: Tales of Vesperia isn't necessarily representative of JRPGs as a whole. If you hate it, there are a bunch of turn-based JRPGs that are different in nearly every way, I'd imagine, so I wouldn't give up on JRPGs if you don't like the story or battle system or something. I'm sure it's a good game though, I'm not trying to bash it or anything. I liked Tales of Symphonia.

@ below: I'm glad to hear my sentiments on the demo confirmed. It would have been nice to know what I was doing.

Firestorm

Pumpkins said:
God no. One of the worst areas in the game, filled with terminology you don't know and gives you access to the full battle system without telling you how to use it. Retail game is much better paced.

Kasumi1970

my name is Ted
soldat7 said:
Has the US PS3 version not been announced yet? I figured I'd wait for that version...
it has not been announced yet. if it come i think it will comes 2010. but maybe the sells were so bad on Eternal Sonata that nanco not bring Tales of Vesperia to the US for the PS3. if you have a 360 for $15 you need to get the game

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Great game, definitely better than both Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey.

40-50 hours in, a blast so far and I still have content to chew through.

Meier said:
Is this game actually any good? Guess it received pretty good reviews... suppose I'll give it a shot.

Yeah. Definitely better than what I played of BD and LO. Story isn't great, but solid enough to want to see what happens next , there are dozens of beautiful locations, the music is excellent, and the combat system is speedy and entertaining enough to not get sick of. Also not really any grinding despite being a 40 hour game to finish the main story. Decent enough cast also.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Buy this game people, I put over 250 hours into it :D.

Blah, I hate you guys. I've wanted to get ToV for a long time and this was too good to pass. What happened afterward is sad.

I bought this and then figured that I need to get something else to get free shipping- what to do? I did some searching and then saw Bully: Scholarship Edition was 20 bucks and I wanted to play it.

Thinking I was done, I spotted out of the corner of my eye that Arkham Asylum was being sold with $10 credit on a future game.

95 dollars later, I have three games on the way.

Damn it

:lol

Einbroch

Banned
Tons of people are saying that this is better than LO, but I can't see it.

This is a great game, and worth the 15 bucks (even worth full price). I've logged 120+ hours on ToV and enjoyed it immensely, but I cannot with a straight face say that it's better than LO.

That said, BUY IT!

Wraith

Glad that I checked this thread again today and found it back in stock. Ordered! Thanks for pointing it out.

In-stock, and bought.

They're having a sale on some Blu-Ray titles for $10.99 if that's your thing, that's enough for the saver shipping.

matmanx1

ToV has a special, special place in my heart. I love the "free run" they added to the Tales' battle system, the deep weapon and skill customization, the 60fps, the graphics and of course Yuri Lowell who is one of my favorite RPG leads ever.

I already beat the 360 version and would definitely double dip if the PS3 version gets localized. I had a great time with this one.

Great deal. I got it when it was $30. Just got finished playing a little bit. I wish the game did better, but for $15 hopefully this will gain the franchise new fans just like the $30 deal made me a new fan who will look forward to the next installment instead of ignoring it like I used to.

Kenaras

Purchased; thanks for the heads up.

The demo was horrible, so I was unsure about buying even at $30. The constant praise made it tempting, but I've disliked highly acclaimed games before. At $15 I'll take the risk.

bluemax

Banned
I hate the Tales Series and I still haven't finished LO or Blue Dragon but at that price I pretty much have to take the dip.

for fraks sake Amazon, throw us Euros a bone one of those bloody aeons

Einbroch said:
Better than Lost Odyssey? Eh...

doesnt take much, I thought LO sucked ass. If you liked LO then Vesperia is like the holy grail

soldat7

My backlog is already out of control; curse you NeoGAF, curse you!

28armtg.png

Chris R

Az987 said:
Picked this up along with Radiata Stories on PS2 for 11$ to get free shipping. Wahoo
Thought about doing this except with Rogue Galaxy or SotC, but thought better of it. As it stands now my backlog is way too big, and I hated the demo :lol

Top Bottom