• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Vesperia PS3 English Fantranslation released

qazqaNii

THANK LORD FINALLY!!

Sorry for the caps, I've been following this project for like 2 years, and kinda forgot about it thank god, vesperia wooo, the only tales game I've been excited about because of its graphics, xillia was meh, so was the other tales with that little boy next to the three at the beginning.

|o/
/'\

Mendrox

Meh, I cannot get one file patched. Bummer :( I have to rip my disc again I guess, the checksum is not okay...

Patching process is simple. Put files into the folder and start the patcher :) You need of course your own ripped files for that.

Mohasus

Meh, I cannot get one file patched. Bummer :( I have to rip my disc again I guess, the checksum is not okay...

Patching process is simple. Put files into the folder and start the patcher :) You need of course your own ripped files for that.

I had problems with scenario.dat, turns out it needs C++ Redistributable 2013 or something like that.

Mendrox

I got a 3.55 PS3. Is there a step by step guide on how to run this?

For CFW you just have to download a right CFW. Put it on a harddisc and update manually from that. After that you can download a loader like Multiman. With Multiman you can rip your Vesperia disc, take the files that are mentioned in the guide and a EBOOTMOD to let the patcher decrypt everything and patch it. Put these files back into your game files and you are good to go.

Cornbread78

Bamco should just remaster the game in 1080p/60fps and launch in NA on PS4. They really left money on the table with this one..

Xilium

I really wanted to play this but I long since passed the point of justifying keeping my PS3 on CFW. It isn't worth the cost to downgrade either but I'm glad it finally came out for those whom can still play it.

Nanashrew

Banned

pje122

So glad I got my slim ps3 cfw'ed (a second time). I ended up putting ofw on it for netflix a few years ago and regretted it but there is a hardware solution for people who uprgraded to ofw past 3.55. Incidentally netflix was recently patched to work without psn on cfw ps3s.
Please tell me more...

A Tales fan translation that isn't Phantasia related actually getting finished. Imagine that.

I kept an old phat CFWed PS3 around specifically for this.
Innocence and Tempest were both fully fan translated years ago... also, I don't why everyone is excited over this. People REALLY didn't want to get a 360 for over six years for this?

Nanashrew

Banned
Innocence and Tempest were both fully fan translated years ago... also, I don't why everyone is excited over this. People REALLY didn't want to get a 360 for over six years for this?

Couldn't afford 3 consoles, I already had a Wii and PS3 early on and was buying plenty of games. Plus the only games I wanted on the 360 were Vesperia and Eternal Sonata. The 360 is still too expensive to just impulse buy so that doesn't help either.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Just play it on 360. What's the point?

latest
To some apparently / did not + do not have a 360.

I've misplaced the 128 GB USB I usually use for patching PS3 games on PC. I have a few spare USBs but nothing that large, anyone have a size for ToV? I'm guessing by the relatively low res and release date predating Graces F that its under 8 GB

When I ripped my copy it was 8.24gb (iirc, it was 8 something for sure)

I have to say though. I hope there's a version 2 with better hacking. The fonts look really weird... Maybe I'm just too used to the 360 version

When I ripped my copy it was 8.24gb (iirc, it was 8 something for sure)

I have to say though. I hope there's a version 2 with better hacking. The fonts look really weird... Maybe I'm just too used to the 360 version

Dead on. Its 8.245. I'm hoping that the needed Files for patching aren't a significant part of that so I can just do those.

Anyone have any info on what the DLC for this was? Is it purely cosmetic / grade shop stuff or is there mechanical/ story content thats DLC only?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
To some apparently / did not + do not have a 360.
Patty is easily the worst new addition to the game.

Real reasons to get the PS3 version:

+New artes
+Dual mystic artes
+New skits
+New costumes
+New sidequests (with some tying into the First Strike movie)
+New boss battles
+New areas (with new music)

And the main reason:

+Fully playable Flynn (he's in and out of the party, but has a full moveset and costumes)

CmdBash

I really wanna play this, but my friend accidentally half-updated my system when he put in his fifa disc, so now everytime I boot the system it goes into updating to ofw and which would erase my cfw if I let it finish. Any solutions to this problem?

Holmes

+Fully playable Flynn (he's in and out of the party, but has a full moveset and costumes)
He joins permanently before the final dungeon. Which is not as bad as it sounds if you do all sidequests and optional dungeons. There's still a butt load to do when the final dungeon appears. Easily another 20 - 30 hours. And Flynn is a beast in battle.

He also temporarily joins the party more often and for longer amounts of time. At times he'll join for a while, then leave for a short amount of time, and then rejoin.

Good news: A friend decided to give me her old PS3 which she hadn't used for years.
Bad news: It is on OFW 3.60. So close.

I've been looking into this for about 3 months, ever since the team began implying a release would happen in the near future. I could fiddle around with installing the E3 flasher, but there is inconsistent information on whether or not that requires soldering on phat/NAND chip PS3's. Don't want to deal with anything permanent like that.

So... I was thinking of sending this new (but old/phat) PS3 in to a "professional". This seems like a potentially trustworthy site, but I really am wondering whether I should risk a potential scamming with this guy, or destroying the old PS3 while attempting an E3 Flasher install...

Mohasus

Because this port has extra content.

I have 100+ hours in the 360 version (well I 1000/1000 the game so I needed to have 100 hours played) and I'm excited to play this.

Anyone playing it? Any good? Worth going through the trouble over?

It is tales of vesperia, of course it is good. And an extra bonus, it is an "undub" version.

Top Bottom