• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Vesperia PS3 English Fantranslation released

Maffia

Neo Member
It's a bit late in the game to be saying this, but here's a solution for people that want to earn trophies but can't buy/install an ODE and must buy a CFW PS3.

The Tales of Vesperia save files aren't copy-protected. Before earning a trophy, save your game in a new save slot and copy that file using a USB stick. Put the USB in your PS3 that's running OFW and then earn the trophy on that. After earning it just save your game again, copy the file back over to your CFW PS3 and continue playing.

It's a pain but that's what happens when you want to earn trophies while playing a game illegally. Well, I say that, but this only works if you actually own a legit copy of the game to play on your OFW PS3.

Happy Vesperia-ing!

Wow didn't realize this was a complete thing. Sadly I have a super slim so I doubt I can install any custom firmware on that thing. Still, cool to know if I ever want to hunt down an old PS3 that this is a thing I can do now. Kudos to the translators!

I'm really impressed by the online translation guide they put up. Everything is laid out so neatly. I'm not used to that level of professionalism from fan translators.

Yeah it is unbelievable, earned itself an audible wow from me. Maybe I'll check it out with this sometime.

Really want to play this patch but I need another PS3 since I'm still using my current one to go online. Well off to Ebay then

awdrifter

Just started playing the patched version of the game. My Japanese is at a level where I can understand the most of the simpler dialogs, but it's still nice to play it with English subs so it's less effort to understand. Hopefully this game will be good.

awdrifter

If anyone has played this recently, please help. I'm stuck at the part where I fought the boss at Relewiese Hollow.
I just fought Khroma and got the spirit Sylph. I'm using the IGN guide and it tells me to go to Northern Hyponia, but when I go there no event will trigger. Is the PS3 version of the game different? If not then it could be a bug in the translated version of the game.
Thanks in advance.

If anyone has played this recently, please help. I'm stuck at the part where I fought the boss at Relewiese Hollow.
I just fought Khroma and got the spirit Sylph. I'm using the IGN guide and it tells me to go to Northern Hyponia, but when I go there no event will trigger. Is the PS3 version of the game different? If not then it could be a bug in the translated version of the game.
Thanks in advance.
Only played the 360 version so I don't know if it's different but I think you go to Capua Nor 's inn to advance the story.

awdrifter

Ok, thanks. Turns out
I didn't have Efreet yet, I went to Pharoh's place and got him to become Efreet, now it works.

Seriously contemplating buying an older ps3 on eBay just so I can play this. Anyone do the same thing, any buyers remorse?

I've heard applying the patch is a pain in the ass even with the readme.

Top Bottom