• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria Import Thread - Turning Legends Into Hope

Datschge

Well that sucks, because it either confirms a sequel (ugh) or a Director's Cut PS4 version with FUTURE EPISODE (I'm fine with this since it's not like I'll replay it).
A one-year-after re-release/expansion/port/pseudo-sequel of Zestiria is pretty much a given anyway unless they plan to abandon that habit of nearly 10 years now. ;)

Edit: Of course I make the top of a page with this worthless info...

Fisico

http://www.play-asia.com/tales-of-zestiria-paOS-13-49-en-70-7dlr.html

Game is down to $39.99 new already at PA. Seems like they overshipped stock on this and demand is gone.

The shipment was around ~400k copies, with a 320-340k FW it looked like it was going to be fine, but the game may have the worst legs ever for a videogame in Japan, LTD it's currently in the 365-390k range depending on the tracker.
Last week there already was an increase comparing to previous week sales in Famitsu weekly top, so probably retaillers are dropping the price a bit to counter the used copies sales.

Bebpo

Banned
You know, I realized I never uploaded my pics about how bad the AF is on ground textures and how it kills the look and makes it more like a PS2 environment with flat textures everywhere. But if you look directly down, you see they actually made detailed ground textures for every location. Probably the worst AF I've seen in a game in terms of the overall effect on art direction.

16592867198_eb87c78764.jpg

16779357122_6273303a8a.jpg

16780451655_009b0d010d_o.jpg

Did Namco said anything about Tales of Zestiria on PS4 being 60fps? I saw some conference, which Namco showed the PS4 version, but only talked about texture and other graphical upgrades with the game. I might still buy it if it's 30fps, but I'm going to be disappointed :(

Did Namco said anything about Tales of Zestiria on PS4 being 60fps? I saw some conference, which Namco showed the PS4 version, but only talked about texture and other graphical upgrades with the game. I might still buy it if it's 30fps, but I'm going to be disappointed :(

I haven't heard anything about the framerate. Which conference are you talking about, by the way?

cafemomo

I have the urge to come back to this game but as with all RPGs. It's kinda hard to start from the middle.

I suppose I can try to get back into it through the Alisha DLC

Top Bottom