• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Target Triple Trade-in Value from 5/18-5/24

RedAssedApe

Banned
slickdeals and CAG now too so i'd say get dem trades done today or tomorrow because it will be lowered probably throughout the week

bought mario kart 7 for $25 back in 2011 and can get $30 in 2014 0_O haha amazing

they also have gamecube games, paper mario for $30

yeah once the flippers start getting in on this...game over lol

well TIV are prone to get adjusted. it will be x3 whatever they pull up as the TIV in their system when you are at the store.

Do you think it would be best to call ahead, then? My games are in "like new" condition with all the art and everything, but the nearest Target is an hour away, and I'd rather not waste the gas money to only get 70% of the approximated trade-in. =/

JaggedSac

Might trade in PvZ Garden Warfare for $33. It says they are selling Forza 5 online for $40, is that the same price as in-store? Does anybody know?

RedAssedApe

Banned
Just called one local Target and they acted like I was asking if they sell heroin. "Wha? How? Where?"

not out of the ordinary. how they do the trade-ins is really weird. its specifically done at the mobile kiosk and only by those employees who i'm not even sure are regular target employees?

Do you think it would be best to call ahead, then? My games are in "like new" condition with all the art and everything, but the nearest Target is an hour away, and I'd rather not waste the gas money to only get 70% of the approximated trade-in. =/

tbh i don't know. my have like three targets in like a 5mi radius of me in Los Angeles :\

Foxix Von

Damn. I have some left over 3DS games I still need to cash in on. I'm out of town so hopefully the prices remain intact until tomorrow night.

Wait a minute, it says that I'll get $10 for Super Smash Bros Melee and $3.73 before bonuses for Pikmin. That's basically $40...

BigDug13

Just to be clear, these are only at Targets with the mobile kiosk and that in some regions, they simply don't exist. Everyone really needs to check on the site to make sure before driving to their local target only to be disappointed.

not out of the ordinary. how they do the trade-ins is really weird. its specifically done at the mobile kiosk and only by those employees who i'm not even sure are regular target employees?

Thanks. Yeah, I just called another one near me and they do them, so I'm good. :)

Right now I'm so fucking tempted to trade in GTA5, but I'm only willing to do it if I know a next gen port is coming. :|

I wish the UK had stuff like this. We just have um. Game. And that's it.
You forgot when everyone tried to do pre-owned a few years ago?

But we have CeX, Crime Converters and Crack Generator as well.

lol there are people on slickdeals and CAG who apparently make a living off flipping stuff like this. for example Toys R US is having buy 2 for $70 on select games...
Our deal site in the UK; hotukdeals will usually have someone quoting the CeX price for a good deal then commenting GAME will add £1 to that. Its not clear weather people are trolling though or if they actually do buy multuiples then trade.

I wonder how much they give for the Mario U and Luigi U pack, considering I can get it again as a free game from Club Nintendo with Mario Kart 8 Promo
You won't get the same game. Just Mario U then have to buy the Luigi U DLC which will what be neutral or a few $ saved?

iamvin22

Industry Verified
Just did this..did three transactions and got $430...incredible deal. I am curious if they end up dropping base values through the week...if not, it's probably the best trade-in deal I've ever seen...

my gawd what did you trade in?

nFFXOZu.gif

Koppai

$54 for Need for Speed, but then I wouldn't have anything to play on my PS4. Although I havent touched it since January.

lmbotiva

man i wish all my games were disc! fuck i have so many digital games i dont play anymore that are getting good value with that promotion

my gawd what did you trade in?

nFFXOZu.gif

A bunch of recent releases (within the last 3 months or so) that I can buy again for cheaper than the trade in value...for example there are some PS4 games you can get $54 for and then buy for $40 right there at Target this week...

lmbotiva

A bunch of recent releases (within the last 3 months or so) that I can buy again for cheaper than the trade in value...for example there are some PS4 games you can get $54 for and then buy for $40 right there at Target this week...

isnt the limit 3 trade ins per person?

I'm going to trade in about 6 or 7 games tomorrow. Might get about $250.00 or so but I don't know what I'll do with all that. When does the Gift Card expire?

RedAssedApe

Banned
I've done this before, they had a any game worth $10 promo and you just do a different transaction , so 3 each transaction, unless theres a bunch of people behind you

Yep same for this deal. You can do three games per transaction. So you can trade in more than three it jus takes more time haha

SeanR1221

Trials fusion isn't listed wonder how much it trades in for? I'd sell it and re buy it digitally and keep the season pass.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy is another good one.

The trade in value isn't exactly high 6.26 x 3, but the sequel has the entire first game included in it.

border

Easy to offer "triple value" when they lowball you so hard on the trade-in value. I wish they were doing this for iPads and iPhones.

Top Bottom