• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Target Triple Trade-in Value from 5/18-5/24

border

So if you are in Florida, you have to use all your credit at the time of purchase? What the hell?

Can I still get a gift card if I mail in my games??

Kusagari

So if you are in Florida, you have to use all your credit at the time of purchase? What the hell?

Can I still get a gift card if I mail in my games??

They're citing "pawn laws" for this even though Best Buy and Gamestop don't require you to do that. I'm guessing the real reason is that Target is too lazy to bother with the thumbprint scanner, so they came up with this bullshit.

And the triple trade in is only in-store, so no online.

Was going to head to gamestop right now to trade in games for mario kart's 40%. This smells like a better offer, thanks for the heads up.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Gaf be like
z0b9wpR.gif

Edit can someone make a smooth loop of this? Like going forwards then loops reverse lol

lol I love that gif. Also, I hate the fact I don't have any of my boxes on hand. I like to keep my discs in a disc case so the boxes don't attract attention, but it's looking like the price of the trade-ins go down dramatically if you don't have the original case. Just trading in Killzone SF and Tearaway will net me about $63. GOOD GRIEF! MH3U will get you almost $40! SOLD!

ngower

Did this earlier today and got $102.xx for Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Kid Icarus: Uprising and Pokemon X. Ridiculous.

border

They're citing "pawn laws" for this even though Best Buy and Gamestop don't require you to do that. I'm guessing the real reason is that Target is too lazy to bother with the thumbprint scanner, so they came up with this bullshit.

And the triple trade in is only in-store, so no online.

I am close to the FL-GA border. If I drive up to Georgia, can I get a gift card there?

If I trade the games in Florida, am I allowed to just buy like a Visa or Amazon gift card?

Lrrr

Just did this..did three transactions and got $430...incredible deal. I am curious if they end up dropping base values through the week...if not, it's probably the best trade-in deal I've ever seen...

This deal is limited to 3 games per customer. How did you manage to make multiple transactions?

RedAssedApe

Banned
Easy to offer "triple value" when they lowball you so hard on the trade-in value. I wish they were doing this for iPads and iPhones.

Obviously some games not be worth the hassle but this is absolutely a great deal when You can trade in stuff you bought at launch and newer games like titanfall and infamous for almost full Msrp.

Awhile back they did a deal where you could trade any old iPad for $100. Byebye ipad 1. :)

Kemal86

Just got $320 worth of credit, shits ridic.

Traded in Tomb Raider PS4 for like $58, then bought $30 worth of PSN Cards since Tomb Raider is on sale for $30 on PSN this week.

Edit: As for the 3 per customer, the nice lady at my store just did multiple transactions for me. The system would only allow 3 games per trade so she just did multiple trades.

Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy is another good one.

The trade in value isn't exactly high 6.26 x 3, but the sequel has the entire first game included in it.

I thought of this too, but I am not giving up Theatrhythm until we get Curtain call over here. Its a hard enough title to find in stores in general.

it's not a glitch

it's a promotion
They might fix some prices on certain games. You probably buy certain games at other stores and trade them in to target for more money.
They might be games for sale at target that have a higher trade in value now then what they are selling it for.

Bii

Trading in my Assassin's Creed IV (PS4) for $51 is extremely tempting, especially since I bought it from Target's B2G1 free deal when the PS4 launched.

Xamdou

Just called and my local Target is indeed doing this promo! So base price X3. Guy said deal only applies to games 2013 to this year.

Checked their online base values for:

Dead Rising 3 , Ryse, Forza, Lego Marvel heroes (PS4) : $15 each X3 = $45 EACH!

Titanfall: 18.5 X3 so around $55.5.

So around $235.5 for these next gen games. I basically got all these games for $40 so I still get a profit!

RagnarokX

Easy to offer "triple value" when they lowball you so hard on the trade-in value. I wish they were doing this for iPads and iPhones.

Dude, this deal is great even with the lowball values. Wind Waker trades in for $15 at Target and $20 at Gamestop. With this deal I'd get $45. At Gamestop last week I took advantage of the extra 50% offer and got $30 for it. I wish I had waited.

Ah the joys of having bought too many games digitally for the 3DS. Well, at least the ones I wouldn't want to trade away aren't worth too much.

Chucker

Just called and my local Target is indeed doing this promo! So base price X3. Guy said deal only applies to games 2013 to this year.
That seems wrong, people have been trading in KI:U and that came out in 2012.

Not you, of course. The store.

Mortemis

Banned
Shit why did I trade in GTA V so early. At least I can get almost $40 for pokemon Y, and something for TLOU. Let's see what else I got.

cwistofu

The site says I'll get $82 for the following:

P3P
Kingdom Hearts BBS

TWEWY
Pokemon Pearl
Pokemon Conquest
Mario Kart 7
Theatrythm

GTA5
Tomb Raider
ICO + SOTC HD

Mega Man X Collection
God Hand
Graffiti Kingdom
Dark Cloud 2
Kingdom Hearts

Tales of Symphonia

Multiplied by 3, that's not bad at all. It seems like most PS2 games have a flat value of $5 (if htey're in the system), so $15 for some of these super old games is pretty nice. Guess I'm lugging this over to my Target as soon as a car becomes available.

It's really too bad that Expertzone takes so long to ship stuff haha

Every day I could be getting $150+. More if I get people I work with to let me sign up under their paystub lol

If EZ would just ship stuff in 4 business days or less I could easily make $5000+ this week.

Chucker

So tempted to rid myself of Infamous. Should I do it, gaf?

If you beat it, I say yes. It's like a $6 rental for 2 months.

The more I look at these values, I've beaten these games and had them for months and am getting all but like $5 or $6 back on them.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
How long does this promotion last? I'm on the fence right now. It's a great deal but I don't really want anything at this moment. The only thing that really excites me is trading in something like 10 completed games for a PS4, but outside of Infamous I couldn't see myself playing the console that much until this fall...

It's really hard to part ways with games sometimes.

Can someone tell how you know which target accepts trade ins? I used the search and every target near me comes up and I can't imagine they all have mobile kiosks.

Flandy

The site says I'll get $82 for the following:

P3P
Kingdom Hearts BBS

TWEWY
Pokemon Pearl
Pokemon Conquest
Mario Kart 7
Theatrythm

GTA5
Tomb Raider
ICO + SOTC HD

Mega Man X Collection
God Hand
Graffiti Kingdom
Dark Cloud 2
Kingdom Hearts

Tales of Symphonia

Multiplied by 3, that's not bad at all. It seems like most PS2 games have a flat value of $5 (if htey're in the system), so $15 for some of these super old games is pretty nice. Guess I'm lugging this over to my Target as soon as a car becomes available.

I can't seem to get PS2 games to even know up on the online thing. Do they accept them at the store? I'd be willing to trade in a few PS2 games for $15 a piece lol

Top Bottom