• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Target Triple Trade-in Value from 5/18-5/24

Kuro

I couldn't trade in my games because apparently my county has a law against it for whatever reason. Will have to wait until tomorrow to try in the next county.

aett

So I get to the store about 10 minutes after I call and now the system is down again. They're going to call for support to see what they can do. God.

sflufan

Banned
Y'know, this REALLY kills my desire to purchase digital console games this generation.

I mean, I'm literally kicking myself for cancelling my physical copy of Second Son from Amazon and going digital as that's another $45 I could've had right there!

Ecto311

Y'know, this REALLY kills my desire to purchase digital console games this generation.

I mean, I'm literally kicking myself for cancelling my physical copy of Second Son from Amazon and going digital as that's another $45 I could've had right there!

But digital is what the kid version of you would want. Then you cant get rid of the games and play them later when you would have traded/sold/lost them.

Im with you though I have some digital games on xbox that I will never play again and wish I could part with for some kind of currency.

steveovig

They can scan the game or click under N, not S when looking up the game title. That happened to me earlier today as well and I assisted him in finding the game in the system.

Ok thanks, I'll have to try again tomorrow. Hopefully, the price will still be nice.

Prologue

Anyone planning on buying a big purchase at target now? I have a $280 gift card I'd like to sell for cash instead.

Surprised to see so many people trading in TitanFalls. One of the games i'm really looking forward to playing :(

ciD_Vain

I have six more games I want to trade in and I'm deciding whether I should trade my physical copy of NSMBU or Wind Waker HD since I can get one for free with Mario Kart 8. Overall if prices stay the same, I'll be able to make $350.

zlatko

Banned
Go in yesterday. Not working.

Call 5-10 minutes prior to making trip if it's working. Told yes. Show up and it's down. Wait 5-10 minutes more, and still down.

Fuck it. I was going to get the $45.00 to get other things from Target---not games, even though I'd love to use it for PS4 version of Call of Duty Ghosts there which is 40 bucks right now new.

Oh well.

webkid94

Okay the games I want to trade are
DanganRonpa ($11.66/$34.98 after x3)
Pokémon games ($6.66/ $19.98 after x3 so $59.98 for three)
GTA V ($15.45/$46.35 after x3)
Total: $141.31

Seems like these have stayed the same (except GTAV) mostly. Safe to say wait until Friday or Saturday if they fix their shitty system?

d0nnie

Banned
So, I just left Target with a free copy of Battlefield 4 for my PS4 (I traded in 3 months ago, until it got fixed). On Monday I traded in my old X360 copy of CoD: Black Ops 2 which was supposed to net me $20.xx. However, apparently the trade-in netted me $80.xx.

I gotta say I was pleasantly surprised. I had them price match Walmart's $42.xx price instead of Target's original $59.99 price and still got it free! This just made my day. :)

Anyone else had this happened to them?

Edit: Gift card was actually $67. Still, not bad for a copy of BO2 for X360.

tbf42jk1q.jpg

Got 233$ for everything, bought DKCTF, W101, WiiU Pro Controller for 140$ so that left me with 93$. Still enough for MK8 next week and a little something extra.

I did this earlier today in Orlando with a couple of older games. The guy made me spend the credit right then in the electronics section, so I picked up a steam card.

Anyone know if they are sticklers for matching UPCs or not taking games marked "not for resale"? When I checked the site the other day, it had 2 listings for Super Mario Sunshine - one at $10 and one around $2-3. Of course, my pack-in copy matched the cheaper one's UPC, so I didn't bother bringing it in. Now, though, there's only one version of the game in their system... so will they take it at full price or reject it outright?

dolabla

I was able to get my $118 gift card. What you guys need to do is when they call you over the phone to let you know the servers are back up, ask them if they will just go ahead and swipe a gift card over the phone.

That's what my local mobile guy did. He said he went ahead and did it just in case they went down again. He knew I had been trying the last 2 days (really 3, but that first day was my fault; I wasn't able to make it up there on Sunday).

Pryce

Only Target (that's with in 2 hr driving distance) that does this had their systems down all day.

I hope the prices aren't shit tomorrow.

ds8k

I did this earlier today in Orlando with a couple of older games. The guy made me spend the credit right then in the electronics section, so I picked up a steam card.

Anyone know if they are sticklers for matching UPCs or not taking games marked "not for resale"? When I checked the site the other day, it had 2 listings for Super Mario Sunshine - one at $10 and one around $2-3. Of course, my pack-in copy matched the cheaper one's UPC, so I didn't bother bringing it in. Now, though, there's only one version of the game in their system... so will they take it at full price or reject it outright?

Where in Orlando? I was able to get gift cards from the store in Waterford on Sunday.

Ellite25

So I finished trading in what I had.

Grand total: $440.60 for 14 games.

I'm gonna be covered on new games for quite some time. Amazing deal, probably won't see anything like it for a long time.

someday

Banned
Hoping they stay the same too. I really want to sell my copy of Infamous for at least $45.
Same here. I loaned it to a friend who hadn't played any of the other ones just to give it a try. Texted him today and said I needed it back asap lol. I doubt he was playing it anyway.

Any chance Wolfenstein will get a turn in value before this week is done?

All you can do is keep checking the site. They will only take games that pull up on the website.

What does Bioshock Infinite trade for now?

It wasn't on the site on Monday. I would of traded it because I recently bought the trilogy on Steam.

EDIT: Just checked the site and you would get $9.39 with the deal.

OmegaSkittle

Neo Member
Here's to hoping the system doesn't go down at 4:30pm today. If it does... that is 3 days in a row at the exact same time.

I just want my trade-in monies to join Vita-GAF!

CobbFC09

Here's to hoping the system doesn't go down at 4:30pm today. If it does... that is 3 days in a row at the exact same time.

I just want my trade-in monies to join Vita-GAF!
I know the feeling man. Same thing has happened to me each day of the the week while I was in-store.

disappointed that wii games are pretty much valueless.

and that 3x multiplier, you do lose quite a bit of value if you are missing the case or manual.

no clue where my smash melee manual is >.<"

Juice

System is back up!

Some of my prices went down a bit from yesterday.

I just learned that my target is one of only about 10 in the east coast that has its mobile desk staffed open to close, so apparently I have the trade in system all to myself. :)

OmegaSkittle

Neo Member
System is back up!

Some of my prices went down a bit from yesterday.

I just learned that my target is one of only about 10 in the east coast that has its mobile desk staffed open to close, so apparently I have the trade in system all to myself. :)

Damn lucky. Mine is 11 - 8. Though the employee said he closes up around 7:45.

Was thinking about taking a sick day from work but I can't bring myself to do it.

Anyone check today yet?

I'm at work, not going to go on my lunch and waste my time

edit: prices on the website look to be the same for the most part for the games I wanted to trade in yesterday but couldn't

titanfall and infamous are 15.35 x 3...is that same as yesterday or higher?

same (actually $15.45), I've checked like 10 games and nothing has moved

Either they haven't moved or the system hasn't updated yet.

My Target Mobile doesn't open until 2pm today, so maybe they just haven't updated yet.

Az

Traded some games in got about $80. Since it's Florida we can't get a Target gift card so I just bought $80 of PSN cards.

Well, good news is the system is up, bad news is I'm pretty sure what I brought in rang up $99 yesterday, and $53 this morning. Yesterday I thought the guy input something and $54 became $99, am I missing something important here?

Not upset since I went in assuming about $50 from the values on the website yesterday.

duxstar

Anyone know what NBA 2k14 is pricing at ? If i got 30 bux for it I'd be ok with getting Wolfenstein for that much, now that I mention it i wonder what knack is going for.

OmegaSkittle

Neo Member
Well, good news is the system is up, bad news is I'm pretty sure what I brought in rang up $99 yesterday, and $53 this morning. Yesterday I thought the guy input something and $54 became $99, am I missing something important here?

Either the games had their TIVs lowered or he didn't hit the promotion button

Top Bottom