• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Target Triple Trade-in Value from 5/18-5/24

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Soul Sacrifice (which I own on PS+) and Killzone Shadowfall (which I haven't played in months) for a total of $56.88. That's good. That's damn good. Gonna use it on something ridiculous like Monster Monpiece and Child of Light.

Also when I went the employee said he's not taking in any Titan Falls so don't ask. I'm thinking "bitter much". I don't even have Titan Fall.

He says "I know people are just buying them at Toys R Us and coming here to sell them at a profit. Not anymore I'm sick of it, I'm not taking any more"

Like I know it sucks for you but if customer's beat Targets system your still obligated to make the sale. He can't deny them that. I would have fought back.

Tryhard workers like that are the WORST

Geneijin

Yea that dude was just wrong. So what if someone came in with 5 copies of Titan Fall to sell so they get a new game free. That's the promotion. No where does it say you can't trade in multiple copies of the same game.
You would think so, but GameStop doesn't say that either. Yet, you're more than likely unable to multiple copies at GameStop too.

urge26

The rep who worked with me yesterday was awesome. Did three separate transactions, and only questioned why Tearaway didn't have a manual. Made 260.00 and the amazing thing to me was that I made money on all the games. Unreal promotion.

Ryhian

I was able to trade in nfs rivals (ps4), gtav (360), and blur (360) for $125 an hour ago. I'm in Florida and they gave me a regular target gift card. Didn't have to go through process of buying something and returning.

jadedm17

The rep who worked with me yesterday was awesome. Did three separate transactions, and only questioned why Tearaway didn't have a manual. Made 260.00 and the amazing thing to me was that I made money on all the games. Unreal promotion.

That was my favorite part, trading in games bought from the same Target 5 months ago for more than I paid. Unreal indeed.

So I traded a game in and he was going to put my credit on the gift card and the system went down. I looked around for about an hour then went back and he tried again and no luck. So he gave me this paper that has a trade in order in it for the $51 value, and told me I have 6 days to redeem it.

I am worried that since the promotion ends after today, I will be shit out of luck going in tomorrow or Monday to redeem it. Has anyone had this experience? Will target honor it even past the promotion deadline?

xTOOLx

Still down.

I know this is shitty but trust me, Target/Nextworth is learning from this. We had a similar situation last November with an iPad trade deal.

The next time something like this rolls around, it will be a much smoother process.

Meier

Well, I finally got a quote at least. He wouldn't let me do more than 3, but if I went to another Target would it work for getting a quote? Would it be a system wide flag?

tmac456

interesting. sounded like BS because I figured it would have been reported on here first.

he was probably trying not to have to deal with any more trade-ins

Ghazi

I just went to the mobile guy and he said the system will likely be down until well after his hours are over.

4 trips. Not one game traded in :(

Chucker

Alright. Thanks for that!

Further edit: My friend was the one who traded it in, so it has his information. I'm assuming only he would be able to complete the fixed transaction, is that right?

This was fine! Used my trade in credit to get 4 $15 xbox live cards, on separate receipts to get 4x$5 bonus credit from Xbox.

Tigress

Also when I went the employee said he's not taking in any Titan Falls so don't ask. I'm thinking "bitter much". I don't even have Titan Fall.

He says "I know people are just buying them at Toys R Us and coming here to sell them at a profit. Not anymore I'm sick of it, I'm not taking any more"

Like I know it sucks for you but if customer's beat Targets system your still obligated to make the sale. He can't deny them that. I would have fought back.

Haha.. Earlier in the week when I did my trade I think the guy (or girl, I went twice and I can't remember who this conversation was with) mentioned people were doing that. I said I thought it was kinda scammy, he/she pretty much said, "Ah, we don't mind. We're offering the trade in."

So, your mileage varies on the associate you get and their philsophy on it. Apparently I'm more of the same philisophy of the associate you talked to LOL. Though I wouldn't refuse honestly if I were the associate. I mean as long as it wasn't that you stole them or something the rules just say you get triple trade in for a game and it doesn't say you can't have just bought it or that you can't trade in the same multiple times <- though I do think it would have been fair and maybe wise if Target had made a stipulation that you couldn't trade in all the same game. I just think I'd feel bad trying to game the system that way myself. I felt a little bad about going to a different Target to do another three trades, I didn't even try to see if the first would do another set.

xTOOLx

An hour and a half to go for most stores in the western United States and still down. It's not looking good.

It sucks, I know. Hopefully they make it right and extend this promo. Don't hold your breath though.

I'll let you all know as soon I'm told something.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Damn, I missed out on the toys r us flipping. I thought the prices would drop and didn't anticipate a deal line that from toys r us.

So on Wednesday I traded in 3 games one of which was arkham origins. The girl doing the trade ins never even looked at any of the game to see if scratched or anything. I went to install Dead Space 3 on my 360 and realized I forgot to put disc one of arkham origins in the case. Oops. Feel kinda bad. Will this somehow come back to haunt me since my license and name and info are in the system for the gift card or is it on the employee for not checking the cases?

xTOOLx

So on Wednesday I traded in 3 games one of which was arkham origins. The girl doing the trade ins never even looked at any of the game to see if scratched or anything. I went to install Dead Space 3 on my 360 and realized I forgot to put disc one of arkham origins in the case. Oops. Feel kinda bad. Will this somehow come back to haunt me since my license and name and info are in the system for the gift card or is it on the employee for not checking the cases?

It won't come back on you but it'll get her in a lot of trouble. We ship our trades on Mondays so if you have the time, you could do her a solid and take the other disc to that Target.

Went in today and was told the system was done. Got a quote for my stuff and they would contact me when it went back up. Guy tried 3 times to get it to work. He was super cool about it. If I don't get the value, no big deal. Was just enough to cover Mario Kart 8. I'll see what happens this week.

demolitio

Really tired of going to Target right after people with 50 games just get started. It'd be nice if they let the poor guy with 3 games go first instead of making me wait an hour and awkward small talk doesn't make it up.

Funny since the girl working there said how big of an asshole that guy was and how refreshing it was to have someone that's nice for a change. I imagine it's hell for these employees meant to be selling phones but then have to spend time doing this, especially when one person can take so much time out of your day while people looking to buy phones are stuck waiting.

Overall, just a poorly thought out promotion that Target wasn't prepared for in any way, but I suspect it's mostly a loss leader to get people to their mobile store and pick up game sales.

Top Bottom