• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Target Triple Trade-in Value from 5/18-5/24

Spasm

Battlefield 4 (PS4) $53.58
NBA 2K14 (PS4) $50.52
South Park: The Stick of Truth (360) $54.96
------------
$159.06

Today was a good day.

Reule

I'm glad you asked, because that line has me puzzled as well. lol

Yes
Alright, thanks.

Some dude on CAG says the Oviedo store let him walk out with a gift card, if that's any help to you.

I highly doubt that you'll be able to get cash if you try to return games you buy with credit. Best bet would be to just buy games, keep them sealed, and exchange them later for stuff from Target.
I know that store and am about twenty minutes away. I may go there but I'll try the one around the corner. Thanks.

If I have to get something there today, I will then figure out what to do.

Einbroch

Banned
I'm sorry to be picky but do you know this for sure? On the online disclaimer for Target gift cards it says "This gift card can be redeemed for merchandise or services (other than american Express and Visa gift cards and prepaid cards)"
They may have changed their policy, but I know about a year ago I simply traded my Target GC in for an iTunes card.

Milennia

Battlefield 4 (PS4)
NBA 2K14 (PS4)
South Park: The Stick of Truth (360)
------------
$159.06

Today was a good day.

annnd now I'm probably sending off infamous tomorrow for sure since I'm jelly of that 160 lol.

I'm probably going to end up with around 110

I'm Heading there to trade in South Park later.

I was considering getting either Ghosts or Killzone for my new PS4 for some multiplayer fun. Any suggestions?

bumpkin

Hmm… So $45 for Wind Waker HD, eh? That's pretty freakin' tempting with the Mario Kart 8 free download promo in my future.

The values for NSMBU and Pikmin 3 are far less flattering; $9-ish and $4-ish (non-tripled).

border

Apparently Titanfall is $40 at Wal-Mart this week.

So Target is going to probably get flooded with copies of Titanfall ($54 trade value I think).

If you want to trade in Titanfall, I would suggest doing that ASAP before the trade value crashes.

Neat, a couple bucks more than what I people were offering me on craigslist.
TXL4SiB.jpg

atomsk

Party Pooper
LOL at Target taking in Game and Watch Collection 2, which was a Club Nintendo exclusive...

This really was just compiled from some "game rarity" list.

Why does Target want to buy up all the rare games?

Spasm

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but the guy I traded mine into said there was a max of 3 per day per person. FYI.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Apparently Titanfall is $40 at Wal-Mart this week.

So Target is going to probably get flooded with copies of Titanfall ($54 trade value I think).

If you want to trade in Titanfall, I would suggest doing that ASAP before the trade value crashes.

toysrus has it for $70 if you buy two. So most flippers prob going that route.

PSGames

Here's a breakdown of my haul:

Wind waker HD $45
Mario kart 7 $30
Ocarina of time 3D $40
Mario Bros U $29
Tekken Tag 2 $10
Ryse $45
NSMB2 $28
Professor Layton (DS) $10
Kid Icarus $35
Nintendogs $13
Zelda Spirit Tracks $19
Mario 3D Land $27
Zelda phantom Hourglass $20
Starfox 3D $16

dolabla

My store shows up when I type in the zip code, but I just called to make sure and they said they don't accept trade ins? This sucks so bad, because I've been wanting to get rid of Killzone Shadow Fall.

Kusagari

My store shows up when I type in the zip code, but I just called to make sure and they said they don't accept trade ins? This sucks so bad, because I've been wanting to get rid of Killzone Shadow Fall.

Most regular employees are probably clueless because it's done by the mobile guy who isn't even really a part of the store.

RedAssedApe

Banned

Call electronics and ask if they have a mobile kiosk. If they do they do trade ins

Where are the mobile guys at in targets?

Electronics and gaming usually right next to each other so it shouldn't be hard to find. If you can't your store might not have a mobile kiosk

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
So tempted on getting on this deal, but I don't know if there's anything i'm dying to trade in that's worth anything.

Here's a breakdown of my haul:

Wind waker HD $45
Mario kart 7 $30
Ocarina of time 3D $40
Mario Bros U $29
Tekken Tag 2 $10
Ryse $45
NSMB2 $28
Professor Layton (DS) $10
Kid Icarus $35
Nintendogs $13
Zelda Spirit Tracks $19
Mario 3D Land $27
Zelda phantom Hourglass $20
Starfox 3D $16
40 bucks for OOT?! Holy shit def trading that in

Hawk269

I wish you could do more than 3 games. I did not know that before hand and if I did I would of brought my Wife with me. Regardless it is a ridiculous deal. I traded in:

PS4 Infamous
PS4 BattleField 4
XB1 Kinect Sports rivals

Total $154.96 in Gift Card. That is just nuts. I got more for Rivals than what they are currently selling it for ($39.99). I will echo what others have said, if you can, do this today. No way someone high up is not going to stop this or reduce the value.

drotahorror

I'm sorry to be picky but do you know this for sure? On the online disclaimer for Target gift cards it says "This gift card can be redeemed for merchandise or services (other than american Express and Visa gift cards and prepaid cards)"

Yeah I'm wondering now too, was gonna pick up some steam cards.

RyudBoy

The total doesn't triple when trying to trade online even during checkout. Entered my information and everything, but the base value remains the same. Anyone else experiencing the same thing, and know how to fix it?

edit: ooooh, i can only trade video games at the store to receive the deal?

Guy docked 9 bucks off Forza just because it was missing the piece of paper with the xbox live code in the case. I was shocked.

Wish I had more games to trade in but I got 91 bucks for infamous and forza.

Kemal86

Yeah...looking over my game shelf again, I'm gonna make a second trip later today.

Interesting that there's a lot of stuff they won't take - like no Halo games except the OG Xbox Triple Pack.

dolabla

Most regular employees are probably clueless because it's done by the mobile guy who isn't even really a part of the store.

Call electronics and ask if they have a mobile kiosk. If they do they do trade ins

Electronics and gaming usually right next to each other so it shouldn't be hard to find. If you can't your store might not have a mobile kiosk

Hell yeah! You guys just saved my ass. I just called and asked for the Target Mobile and they said they do accept trade ins. I won't be able to make it up there today, but the guy said I can come by tomorrow. Awesome! Thanks guys!

BigFwoosh

Got my $51 for Assassin's Creed 4. Went ahead and preordered Mario Kart 8 while I was there. Need to find my copy of DBZ Burst Limit and make a return trip.

Hawk269

Yeah...looking over my game shelf again, I'm gonna make a second trip later today.

Interesting that there's a lot of stuff they won't take - like no Halo games except the OG Xbox Triple Pack.

Can you go back later and do more? He told me it is only 3 per person. Hmmmmmm.....

fenners

LOL at Target taking in Game and Watch Collection 2, which was a Club Nintendo exclusive...

This really was just compiled from some "game rarity" list.

Why does Target want to buy up all the rare games?

Target doesn't. The mobile desk & trade-ins are operated by a third party that just rents space from Target effectively.

U2NUMB

My word.. just got back from 2 targets..

had 3 Lego games for X1 and GTA for 360 and walked away with 191 dollars. Screw digital future, hard copy for life!

Can you go back later and do more? He told me it is only 3 per person. Hmmmmmm.....

I went to 2 targets.. I think you would have to return the next day to the same target.

So I am thinking about taking Super Mario 3D World back and getting like 54 for it. Use that money to buy Mario Kart 8 and then just get Mario 3D world back for free with the download promo they're offering. Seems like a good deal.

EDIT: D'oh just realized it's not 3D World offered in the promo its NSMBU.

Geneijin

Tales of Xillia $27.99
Persona 4 Golden $18.98
Bravely Default $37.97
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD PS3 $37.97
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 $18.98
Angry Birds: Star Wars Wii U $19.98
Culdcept Saga $19.98
Tales of Symphonia Chronicles $26.64
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD $45
Tales of Graces f $29.13
South park: The Stick of Truth PS3 $54.96