• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taylor Swift: Reputation

Mau ®

I like how people are like "this won't take over anything" -- it's very clear y'all have no idea how the radio works.

This song will be massive. It's Taylor Swift y'all.

Umm do you?

Her name has a lot of cache and she probably has payola deals in place but urban, AC or ryhtmic are not gonna touch this. Heck I can't see Top 40 latching that hard onto it beyond the first weeks.

It will be massive on her name alone and that hardly ever lasts.

cory64

Mau ®;246929478 said:
Rihanna won. She snatched Taylor's last good song before she was exposed as a snake and lost all her musical power.

Her foresight whew!

And both Calvin and Rihanna have continued to make good music since then (infact Calvin put out one of the best songs of 2017).

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I like how people are like "this won't take over anything" -- it's very clear y'all have no idea how the radio works.

This song will be massive. It's Taylor Swift y'all.

LMAO

Nobody thought Katy would be a gigantic flop either, yet here we are (CTTR >>> LWYMMD btw).

Despacito has nothing to worry about.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I must have horrid taste, because I like it. lol

Although, maybe that's because I don't like most of her other stuff.

mreddie

You know for a feud, both songs suck but this sounds like the better of the 2. In a just world, Kesha would reign but this is a stupid world and this song will likely top the charts.

Not

Banned
You know for a feud, both songs suck but this sounds like the better of the 2. In a just world, Kesha would reign but this is a stupid world and this song will likely top the charts.

In a smarter world, Woman would be gunning for number one right now, nottu disu basura

Ross61

"Don't care much for your tilted stage"

rs-kanye02-ef15fc99-a7cf-47f8-be4d-5d5c8b9cd549.jpg

🤔🤔🤔
Is she 12? What kinda childish comeback.....

ElNarez

Banned
Releasing "Look What You Made Me Do" in lyric video form was a super bad move because it reads like the manifesto of a serial killer. Like, it's supposed to be empowering, but instead I'm just worried because this is a warning sign.

Releasing "Look What You Made Me Do" in lyric video form was a super bad move because it reads like the manifesto of a serial killer. Like, it's supposed to be empowering, but instead I'm just worried because this is a warning sign.

It'd make this feud actually interesting.

So this is a response to "I made that bitch famous"?

She needs to work on her delivery and lyrics a bit more cuz her "beef" is so fake a vegan would approve.

Sai-kun

Banned

the only way this song could be interesting would be if she literally put a hit out on kanye

Ashhong

I really liked it up until that first chorus. The piano chords in the breakdown were nice and built it up pretty well and then bleh. Had potential

Owzers

I liked the song a lot but it felt like it was for another person, like how trump talks about wanting to unite the country, it's just kinda off.

I didn't really like the chorus that repeated the same line four or so times though.

Is Lorde really the new queen of pop....by default?

Don't you see? By releasing bad songs, they've ensured that the monarchy will be abolished and a new age of democracy will be ushered in!

Alternate take: The era of DJs and Producers is here and your faves are gonna be reduced to "Feat." credits

Socivol

Awful song. Even worse that Katy's first single. The lyrics are so basic and childish that's hard to believe this is supposed to be serious.

scoobs

This song is aggressively annoying, and I get to listen to it nonstop for months cuz my girflriend is a fangirl. Yay.

Ashhong

Don't you see? By releasing bad songs, they've ensured that the monarchy will be abolished and a new age of democracy will be ushered in!

Alternate take: The era of DJs and Producers is here and your faves are gonna be reduced to "Feat." credits

Producers should have always gotten more credit than they've been getting imo

Icolin

Banned
Just heard this a few minutes ago. I think my ears hurt more from listening to this than the loud plane engine I heard for 12 hours on my flight to China. It's trash, and I liked Taylor's last album and a few of her prior singles.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.

Nah, Calvin Harris released a bunch of great songs the general public slept on. DJ Khaled had Bieber & Rihanna...the only two stars guaranteed a hit.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
kasdfkjasdf screaming Katy's going to have the better album after all plus she's the better singer. The vindication! Let me go listen to Witness.

Talent won.

p5KehFz.gif

Takyon

The amount of single-syllable words is kinda grating. Makes me feel like it was written so that small children could sing along.

big_z

Interviewer: "so tell us, what was the song writing process for this album"
Taylor Swifty: "copy paste twitter"

mreddie

Hasn't this been the norm for awhile?

DJ makes a beat, has 1-2 random singers sing on it. Hit.

Spinifex

I thought the 'tilted stage' lyric was more of a commentary on how Kim and Kanye presented Taylor in an intentionally slanted manner, but I didn't actually know Kanye literally performed on a tilted stage LOL

Top Bottom