• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taylor Swift: Reputation

Bronx-Man

Banned
Saw a Tweet of this:

"When he fuck me good I take his ass to cracker barrel"
tumblr_oodseftl541rpb83ho3_500.gif

BunnyBear

Damn going after his mental health. At least he has an excuse, what's Taylor's excuse for being a parseltongue?

How do you know she's not suffering too? I imagine it would be hard to mentally deal with edgelords like yourself constantly berating, insulting and accusing her on the internet of countless conspiracies.

At least we agree on one thing. This song is not good. But then neither was TLOP, which is why 1989 outsold it ten to one. Embarrassing. No wonder you're all so bitter.

Flat and boring

Classy.

I remember when the Taytor Tots were comparing Taylor to Madonna. Taylor is NOT the next Madonna. She is intelligent and has the same business savvy as Madge I will admit, however:

- her discography pales in comparison to Madonna
- she has zero stage presence and charisma
- she can't dance
- she's not a better singer
- she dated try-hard Tom Hiddleston in the most blatant PR dating stunt in recent memory (which backfired and ruined his chances at James Bond lmao). Yikes!

Who cares about madonna, dude. I don't know why people keep trying to bring her back from the dead, it's cringeworthy.

As cringeworthy as the "old taylor is dead" line.

Kyzer

Banned
How do you know she's not suffering too? I imagine it would be hard to mentally deal with edgelords like yourself constantly berating, insulting and accusing her on the internet of countless conspiracies.

Classy.

You are attacking a celebrity's mental health in reaction to others criticizing a celebrity that you like who you've never met personally. Talk about classy. One of us is the edgelord and the other is having fun, I'll let you figure out which is which

tumblr_nhnvqsD0Yg1sofkcxo1_r1_1280.jpg

and lmao, you just pejoratively referred to Kanye West's mental health and when I pointed it out your response is to claim Taylor Swift might also have some unknown mental health issue and therefore also be deserving of sympathy. You are victimizing her just like she does for herself. Like snake like fans, I guess.

BunnyBear

Never change, bunnybear.

Still on with this shit?

You all only recognise me in Taylor Swift threads because I'm a fan of hers and I come here to discuss the music. But for a bunch of people who clearly dislike her and will never appreciate her music, I don't understand why you enter these threads? I didn't go into the TLOP thread because I didn't give a fuck and I knew it wasn't for me. So why do you come here? By all means, continue talking about something you hate, but you mustn't grumble when I point out how peculiar it is.

charliebear

Neo Member
Listened a few times. This is good. Could be better. Maybe no phone bit. Could have done an epic bit of singing there instead. But production is nice. It's different. This will do well and people will love it after a few goes. Think maybe cause you keep wanting it to go somewhere more but it never does so you can keep listening,

Kyzer

Banned
You all only recognise me in Taylor Swift threads because I'm a fan of hers and I come here to discuss the music..

Kanye's the one that needs a doctor. I think that's well established.

But for a bunch of people who clearly dislike her and will never appreciate her music, I don't understand why you enter these threads? I didn't go into the TLOP thread because I didn't give a fuck and I knew it wasn't for me. So why do you come here? By all means, continue talking about something you hate, but you mustn't grumble when I point out how peculiar it is.

But then neither was TLOP, which is why 1989 outsold it ten to one. Embarrassing. No wonder you're all so bitter.

Classy.

Holier than though

All on the same page, no less

BunnyBear

You are attacking a celebrity's mental health in reaction to others criticizing a celebrity that you like who you've never met personally. Talk about classy. One of us is the edgelord and the other is having fun, I'll let you figure out which is which

tumblr_nhnvqsD0Yg1sofkcxo1_r1_1280.jpg

and lmao, you just pejoratively referred to Kanye West's mental health and when I pointed it out your response is to claim Taylor Swift might also have some unknown mental health issue and therefore also be deserving of sympathy. You are victimizing her just like she does for herself. Like snake like fans, I guess. Talk about classy.

I have met her, so that's just the first time you were wrong in this response. I never referred to Kanye's mental health either, you did. It's called nuance.

When you can explain to me the logic of posting seven times in a thread about a popstar you clearly despise and will never appreciate, I'll meet you halfway. But until then, you're trolling. And if that's your aim, you've already lost, because you're backing the wrong horse.

BunnyBear

Holier than though

All on the same page, no less

As that clearly states, I clicked on the thread because I liked her music. Fact. Then I got in a back and forth with you geniuses, who seemingly garner satisfaction and fun from hating things.

Why do you click these threads if you don't like her music?

Kyzer

Banned
I have met her, so that's just the first time you were wrong in this response. I never referred to Kanye's mental health either, you did. It's called nuance.

When you can explain to me the logic of posting seven times in a thread about a popstar you clearly despise and will never appreciate, I'll meet you halfway. But until then, you're trolling. And if that's your aim, you've already lost, because you're backing the wrong horse.

Oh wow did you meet her? Thats cool but yeah you still don't know her.

I liked Taylor, and still think shes talented. I just think this song sucks and that also she's been exposed as a fraudulent snake. And that its kinda embarrassing that she's copying Kanye in response to Kanye.

and um what are you talking about? You just said Kanye needs a doctor and its been well established, and then also said Taylor might have some mental issues too once I pointed out how vain your post was? You keep doing this thing where you attack and then act innocent but you clearly have a cape on. Its ok but stop

As that clearly states, I clicked on the thread because I liked her music. Fact. Then I got in a back and forth with you geniuses, who seemingly garner satisfaction and fun from hating things.

To talk about it? Youre doing it again. You just shat on Kanye like 3times on this page and are acting all innocent like how could anyone discuss something they dont like im just here for the music, while also admitting that you went back and forth with "us geniuses" because obviously this is all very personal for you. You keep having to go to war for this false queen, its the reason you're so tired. I beg of you, open your eyes.

Ignore the haters, makes these threads a lot more bearable

CloudWolf

I feel like the pre-chorus and chorus are weirdly at odds with each other. It builds up to a standard pop chorus and boom, it's suddenly a Peaches song.

BunnyBear

Oh wow did you meet her? Thats cool but yeah you still don't know her.

She held a private listening party on Hamilton Island (Autralia) a few years back and I snagged a ticket through a friend who is a newsreader at the radio station that hosted the event. It was fucking rad.

PS. Neither do you, but you sure act like you know her every thought and intention... sigh.

I liked Taylor, and still think shes talented. I just think this song sucks and that also she's been exposed as a fraudulent snake. And that its kinda embarrassing that she's copying Kanye in response to Kanye.

and um what are you talking about? You just said Kanye needs a doctor and its been well established, and then also said Taylor might have some mental issues too once I pointed out how vain your post was? You keep doing this thing where you attack and then act innocent but you clearly have a cape on. Its ok but stop

To talk about it? Youre doing it again. You just shat on Kanye like 3times on this page and are acting all innocent like how could anyone discuss something they dont like im just here for the music, while also admitting that you went back and forth with "us geniuses" because obviously this is all very personal for you. You keep having to go to war for this false queen, its the reason you're so tired. I beg of you, open your eyes.

You're so odd. This is a thread about Taylor Swift. You clicked on it. Why? Answer the question. Stop dodging it.

I can assure you I wouldn't be in this thread talking about Kanye unless there was edgelords and trolls like yourself attempting to ruin it for everyone else. We get it. You think she sucks. So why come into a thread about her new single? Why would you click on the thread about someone you despise? To talk about something you hate? Brilliant. Why would you bother? Why is it so important to you?

Don't give me the personal stuff, a cursory glance at your general post history shows you spend an inordinate amount of time bashing Taylor Swift. What a life you lead.

You know, she wrote a song about people like you. It's called Shake it Off. It even included the line 'Haters Gonna Hate'. You probably heard about it, because that one single sold more copies than Kanye's last few albums combined. Is that why you're so hurt?

Kyzer

Banned
She held a private listening party on Hamilton Island (Autralia) a few years back and I snagged a ticket through a friend who is a newsreader at the radio station that hosted the event. It was fucking rad.

You're so odd. This is a thread about Taylor Swift. You clicked on it. Why? Answer the question. Stop dodging it.

I can assure you I wouldn't be in this thread talking about Kanye unless there was edgelords and trolls like yourself attempting to ruin it for everyone else. We get it. You think she sucks. So why come into a thread about her new single? Why would you click on the thread about someone you despise? To talk about something you hate? Brilliant. Why would you bother? Why is it so important to you?

Don't give me the personal stuff, a cursory glance at your general post history shows you spend an inordinate amount of time bashing Taylor Swift. What a life you lead.

You, she wrote a song about this. It's called Shake it Off. It even included the line 'Haters Gonna Hate'. You probably heard about it, that one song sold more copies than Kanye's last few albums combined. Is that why you're so hurt?

You quoted my answer to your question and said stop dodging the question lol. I came into the thread to talk about the topic. What the hell? How am I hurt? This is so funny dude youre so personally invested in this. Someones definitely hurt and its not me

And wow holy shit youre full of shit about my post history please post all of the taylor swift threads ive participated in. You really trying to just make shit up right now? I dont spend all my time in pop threads like you do, and I certainly dont take them seriously like you either, Taylor is a snake and its fun to make fun of. Also this song sucks. Please tell me where in the world it says people should only discuss things they like, especially coming from you, the guy who attacked a celebritys mental health in response to their favorite pop artist being criticized. Please shove it with your holier than thou shtick, you look like a hypocritical pop stan, and fuck off with these fake accusations of being some anti TSwift astroturfer. Just because you expend an enormous amount of your being defending Taylor Swift doesnt mean everyone else discussing her cares as much as you. Youre going to war with a pack of laughing hyenas and youre only making us laugh harder because youre so blindly and personally devoted to someone who used and lied to to you, while you defend her with tinfoil conspiracies that she could easily confirm herself but cant because shes so full of shit.

When the next single drops ill probably be in that thread too, and guess what, I might not be there to talk about how much I love the way she sounds. Brace yourself for .... Criticism. Uh oh! Or maybe ill like it. Who knows. Either way shes a snake.

BunnyBear

No, because Kesha’s first single was good and her album is pretty damn great. And she also has legitimate reason to sing about being a victim.

People keep saying this, but when did she sing about being a victim?

If only Kanye hadn't made a cunt of himself and ruined her moment at the VMAs, kickstarting this entire mess. Everyone would be better off for it.

Kyzer

Banned
If only Kanye hadn't made a cunt of himself and ruined her moment at the VMAs, kickstarting this entire mess. Everyone would be better off for it.

Wow youre right. I guess it is kanyes fault that taylor released this trash and lied to everyone. He shouldnt have interrupted her 10 years ago!

No, because Kesha’s first single was good and her album is pretty damn great. And she also has legitimate reason to sing about being a victim.

Never been a a great fan of Kesha but her new album is very good and very powerful, this is just garbage.

If Carly Rae drops her new album soon I will be very happy.

Swift peaked with Red, it was a great album but her more pop focused 1989 was poor overall, it had some good songs but overall it was poor.

You know, she wrote a song about people like you. It's called Shake it Off. It even included the line 'Haters Gonna Hate'. You probably heard about it, because that one single sold more copies than Kanye's last few albums combined. Is that why you're so hurt?

Preach!

People keep saying this, but when did she sing about being a victim?

Praying is all about her mess with Dr. Luke, and while she doesn’t specifically sing about being a victim, the whole song is about her trials and tribulations.

Also, don’t bring Kanye into this. Tay Tay creates drama and mess all on her own. Even if you’re a fan, own it.

BunnyBear

You quoted my answer to your question and said stop dodging the question lol. I came into the thread to talk about the topic. What the hell? How am I hurt? This is so funny dude youre so personally invested in this. Someones definitely hurt and its not me

And wow holy shit youre full of shit about my post history please post all of the taylor swift threads ive participated in. You really trying to just make shit up right now? I dont spend all my time in pop threads like you do, and I certainly dont take them seriously like you either, Taylor is a snake and its fun to make fun of. Also this song sucks. Please tell me where in the world it says people should only discuss things they like, especially coming from you, the guy who attacked a celebritys mental health in response to their favorite pop artist being criticized. Please shove it with your holier than thou shtick, you look like a hypocritical pop stan, and fuck off with these fake accusations of being some anti TSwift astroturfer. Just because you expend an enormous amount of your being defending Taylor Swift doesnt mean everyone else discussing her cares as much as you. Youre going to war with a pack of laughing hyenas and youre only making us laugh harder because youre so blindly and personally devoted to someone who used and lied to to you, while you defend her with tinfoil conspiracies that she could easily confirm herself but cant because shes so full of shit.

When the next single drops ill probably be in that thread too, and guess what, I might not be there to talk about how much I love the way she sounds. Brace yourself for .... Criticism. Uh oh!

In your last 50 posts close to half of them are about Taylor Swift. Seriously. Should I quote your posts from a few weeks back in a separate thread when you were bleating about the same old tired shit?

I love how you spent the first bit of your post claiming you were here to discuss the topic, then lost your cool later and admitted you're here just to troll. Couldn't even keep it together in the same post. There's difference between legitimate criticism of a bad song and you attacking her personally, which is clearly nuance you cannot grasp. So continue, keep trolling and clicking on threads about people you hate, but I'll be here pointing out how fucking weird that is.

PS, I didn't attack Kanye's mental health. Sorry. Didn't happen. That or I'm as bad as Rhymefest.

Are we doing the "It made more money, so it's obviously better art" thing?

Because LOL.

BunnyBear

Praying is all about her mess with Dr. Luke, and while she doesn’t specifically sing about being a victim, the whole song is about her trials and tribulations.

Also, don’t bring Kanye into this. Tay Tay creates drama and mess all on her own. Even if you’re a fan, own it.

Ah, so she didn't actually sing about it. Just as I'd thought. Thanks.

Yeah, that's undeniable. She certainly ain't perfect. But I think it's fair to say the Taylor-Kanye relationship got off to a bad start purely down to his brain fade in the middle of the VMAs.

Ah, so she didn't actually sing about it. Just as I'd thought. Thanks.

Yeah, that's undeniable. She certainly ain't perfect. But I think it's fair to say the Taylor-Kanye relationship got off to a bad start purely down to his brain fade in the middle of the VMAs.

I think if Taylor was able to make fun of herself and not come off quite as serious or bitter, she could avoid a lot of the flack.

BunnyBear

I think if Taylor was able to make fun of herself and not come off quite as serious or bitter, she could avoid a lot of the flack.

Who are we to judge how someone reacts in that situation. It was legitimately the high point of her career until his stupid ass bounded onto stage. I'd be bitter too.

Are we doing the "It made more money, so it's obviously better art" thing?

Because LOL.

No, because I agree that any arguments like that are silly. But I think the answer to Kyzer's hatred of Swift lies in those sales numbers.

Anyway, that's enough from me. Keep hating, she'll keep slaying and succeeding. Hugs for all.

Top Bottom