• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Kuro Madoushi said:
Was referring to the map exploiters...ya doombass

Haha.. yeah. It's interesting how that exploit on Gorge is not frowned upon, but the pretty simple to defeat new build spot between point 1 and 2 in Gold Rush creates such great rage. I guess it's because one is Engie Jumping only, and the other can be achieved through Dispenser jumping alone.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Dead Ringer can usually destroy the roof and the teles in one fell swoop up on the roof of Gorge. Most Spies don't do it though.

Javaman

That was one hell of a crazy game on hoodoo tonight...

2rw51tk.jpg

Good job Bliz-zard and N0b

Yeef

I don't know how you guys can play with net graph on. I find it incredibly distracting.

You have more Steam Friends than non-friends. I should just add all of the regulars to my friends list so I can get that "friends like these" achievement (and the other ones).

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Yeah seriously. I should just add all the regulars. I don't think I have you Yeef do I? I've lost track of who's who.

Yeef

Jangaroo said:
Yeah seriously. I should just add all the regulars. I don't think I have you Yeef do I? I've lost track of who's who.
I'm just Yeef. I'm not fancy enough to change my name.

fallengorn said:
Cripes Java, that's a lot of dominations.

I guess it wasn't Medic season.
So many times during that match I was an inch away from backstabbing him and someone would kill me before I could.

Jangaroo

So I've been practicing my spy game. I absolutely love the Dead Ringer now. It's amazing. Take that Kuro >:)

Jangaroo

I dominated like one pyro. Stop stepping on my gloating time dude. It's very precious and rare for me :mad:

Yeef

AcciDante said:
Useless against pyros!
Not always. I have my tricks. They work about 60% of the time which is good enough for me. (I'm not going to tell you what they are because I know you'll just use it against me!)

I just read this article and it's very informative. It explains why I get melee killed so often with the attacker being what I thought was out of melee range.

Jangaroo

Oh that's rather interesting. I didn't know backstabs were related to where the victim was looking.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Kuro Madoushi said:
Plywood, I think that was me. I'm usually >f7> Kuro Madoushi [GAF], but was >f7> MOEB IS SO DREAMY! <3 to troll that pokemaster303, who normally goes by MoeB, because I pug with him and lot and there was this post on another forum where he met some people who came to Toronto and they said something along the lines of, "Toronto was everything we expected. And MoeB is dreamy" :lol
So are you Jeff Green? :lol
You really do seem to sound like him.

Either way you had me cracking up.

Javaman

Jangaroo said:
I dominated like one pyro. Stop stepping on my gloating time dude. It's very precious and rare for me :mad:

Medic dominations don't really count though. They're not the ones doing the killing.

Yeef

Pulka said:
I the video you can see the whole weapons and a bit of his arm, when I play I don't.
How do you make it look like that?
Options > multiplayer > Advanced > Viewmodel Field of View

Pulka said:
I the video you can see the whole weapons and a bit of his arm, when I play I don't.

There's a viewangle or viewmodel option in the settings, I think if you increase that you see more of your gun arms.

Yeef said:
I just read this article and it's very informative. It explains why I get melee killed so often with the attacker being what I thought was out of melee range.

That really was an informative read. It does explain a few melee WTF moments when both of us had low ping.

Kilranian: I’m pretty sure the “bullet” is–like almost all others in the Source engine games–fired from the head of the player. Like laser eyes. While this leads to some weird stuff (like a Heavy easily tearing you apart as he peeks over a low wall) it ensures that bullets travel directly along the crosshair and makes close-range headshots possible.

Boonoo

Pulka said:

As others have said you change the viewmodel fov. You can change it (to an extent) in the adv multiplayer options or through the console. In the console you can move through a wider range of possibilities.

viewmodel_fov x

You can set it to 0 or 360 to completely hide the gun and arms. I like something around 65, when you go higher than that you tend to see where the model stops during reload animations.

Also, on the subject of fovs be sure to always have your basic screen fov set to 90 (you can do this in the adv graphics options). It's really annoying when you're spectating someone that his theirs set to 60 (in spectator mode fov is based on what the player has and viewmodel fov is what you have). It also lets you see a lot more of whats going on around you.

Boonoo

No, but I do need to fix the speed. I use chrome almost exclusively, and when I saw it on firefox it seemed to be going too fast. So I need to dig around a bit to make sure I get the speeds the same across all browsers.

Twig

Banned
Plywood said:
n0b music spam gave me a headache.

Not really, but got annoying after awhile.
You give me a headache.

notsol337 said:
I would prefer the Shitdodo, flightless bird of Pooshire.
Much as I appreciate your input, "shitdodo" just don't roll off the tongue, son. Say it out loud. "Shitdodo." Now say shitbird out loud. "Shitbird."

It's obvious which one is the right choice.

notsol337

marked forever
Twig said:
Much as I appreciate your input, "shitdodo" just don't roll off the tongue, son. Say it out loud. "Shitdodo." Now say shitbird out loud. "Shitbird."

It's obvious which one is the right choice.

Are Shitbirds in Pooshire?

Jangaroo

Plywood burned me to crisps like four friggin times on Turbine. STOP RUINING MY CHANCES OF DOMINATING YOU. Grrr. Plypoo.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Jangaroo said:
Plywood burned me to crisps like four friggin times on Turbine. STOP RUINING MY CHANCES OF DOMINATING YOU. Grrr. Plypoo.
Me killing someone four times, consecutively? I'm gonna need video evidence.

Javaman

AcciDante said:
Good games, everyone. I got to score a goal tonight! :lol

What's up with the beach ball? I guess it's a holdover from the birthday party, but it's strange that it's sticking around. I like how it adds the challenge of getting it into the enemy's "score hole"

Yeef

So after quitting last night I came back like two hours later and there were still a bunch of people on the server. I joined to get in a quick game or two, but was surprised to find that I didn't recognize anyone that was playing. I think it was the worst group of people I've ever played with as far as etiquette goes.

It was all "fuck" this and "cock" that the whole time. And the other team kept trying to votekick their engineer because he wasn't very good and probably was new to the class.

2qk045w.jpg

Jangaroo

Who are those people? I can't recall any of their avatars or names. Must be some LATE LATE LATE night folks or something.

Yeef

I'm pretty sure they were just random people using the server. At first I thought that Zeph might by ZephyrFate from here, but as I played that seemed less and less likely.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yeef said:
So after quitting last night I came back like two hours later and there were still a bunch of people on the server. I joined to get in a quick game or two, but was surprised to find that I didn't recognize anyone that was playing. I think it was the worst group of people I've ever played with as far as etiquette goes.
msg one of us admins and we'll ban them all ALL I SAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom