• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Russ T

Banned
"Added a new Demo Support feature to auto-record matches"

Man I could've used that years ago when I was making all those dumb videos of the GAF server!

Bluth54

Man I could've used that years ago when I was making all those dumb videos of the GAF server!

Yeah It's nice they added an easy way to record demos. No doubt it's part of their push to be ready for the competitive focus in the next big update.

For those of you that haven't seen the patch notes:

Added a new Demo Support feature to auto-record matches
Can be configured via the Adv. Options menu
Automatically records .dem files of your matches (or can be set to Manual) and puts them into the specified folder
Logs killstreaks and bookmarks to a master _events.txt file in the same folder as the recordings so the events can be easily reviewed
Logs killstreaks and bookmarks for each specific .dem file to .json file that has the same name as the .dem file (see the ds_mark command below)
Supports the following console commands:
ds_record: manually start a recording
ds_stop: manually stop recording
ds_mark [comment]: bookmark the current demo tick count for future reference. The [comment] is an optional descriptor you may include.
ds_status: report the current recording status
Security fixes (thanks to Diodine for these reports)
Fixed an exploit related to the Heavy's gloves and blocking the payload cart
Fixed energy weapons not reloading when using cl_autoreload
Fixed the team-win dialog not being displayed for SourceTV clients
Updated several hats to fix the Sniper not removing the hats while taunting
Added UGC tournament medals for Highlander Seasons 17 and 18, 6v6 Seasons 19 and 20, and 4v4 Seasons 6 and 7
Updated models/materials for The Dead Head, The Scoped Spartan, The Patriot's Pouches, The Sub Zero Suit, Fear Monger, Co-Pilot, Tough Stuff Muffs, The Toowoomba Tunic, Weight Room Warmer, The Bootie Time, and The Big Elfin Deal
Updated The Federal Casemaker to hide the Scout's headphones
Updated the localization files

Valve did manage to break the textures of several heavy melee weapons while fixing the cart bug.

After four years of hiatus, the genius behind the Oscar-winning classic Gravelpit in a Nutshell has returned to bring us . . . Snowy Coast in a Nutshell.

kRNgP6.gif

J6r1QD.gif

Bluth54

You know how some voice actors look nothing like the voices they do? That's not the case here.

Valve actually does base it's character designs on real people (as do a lot of videogames, since it's easier to make a good looking human based on a real person instead of coming up with one from scratch). For example the L4D2 characters:

ffe79bf2d794a3deda2c846417ebe662.jpg

TF2 was in development for so long and is pretty stylized so I'm guessing that Nathan looking like the Scout is a coincidence though.

Obviously it's a stepping stone toward adding Play of the Game to TF2.

It will still consistently be won by Bastion.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Can anyone recommend me a good performance tweaking guide? I'm talking low-poly models, non-filtered textures, the whole shebang. Most of what I'm finding is years old and I'm assuming now outdated.

Bluth54

Muselk got the Scout voice actor to do a video interview as the Scout with him, it's pretty fun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09F2xUo8VSU

I really like that the Scout voice actor seems to be getting a little more involved in the TF2 community lately. He's probably been more involved with the community then any of the other voice actors (and as far as I know the only one who actually plays TF2). I've seen some of the other voice actors do interviews and a few lines as their character but never anything on the scale that Nathan has been doing lately.

Leaked patch notes. b4nny's input is subtle, but you can see it if you look:

TF2 Major Update June 14th, 2016

- Added 2 brand new hats, "The Skullcap" and "The Capskull"

- Added 3 new cases, none of them containing strange quickiebomb launcher or iron bomber

- Added new feature to ranked beta that causes people to crash even more for some reason

- Fixed bug that we swear we fixed 4 patches ago but it keeps coming back

- Lowered everyone's FPS by at least 20. If your FPS didn't drop by at least 20, or didn't drop at all, please see steam support

Balance Changes:

Pyro

- Flamethrower now damages pyro instead of the enemy

- Airblast now costs 200 ammo on all flamethrowers

- All flamethrower max ammo count reduced from 200 to 199

- equipping the flare gun, axtinguisher, or reserve shooter will instantly kill yourself

- Powerjack removed from the game (after pro player feedback we came to the conclusion that moving a tiny bit faster on a class that desperately needs mobility to be any bit useful, was way too overpowered)

Sniper

- Health reduced from 125 to 25. Just 25

- 0.5 second delay has been added between scoping in and being able to shoot

- Upon headshotting a demoman, soldier or scout, the damage is instantly reflected back onto sniper

Spy

- Revolvers no longer deal damage

- Headshotting with a non-Ambassador revolver will heal the enemy for the amount it would've dealt

- After pro player feedback we have chosen to remove backstabbing as a mechanic from the game, due to complaints of it not involving rocket jumping or playing scout. From now on landing a backstab instead makes a scattergun noise and launches spy in the air with the same velocity as a rocket jump

Heavy

- Minigun inaccuracy increased by 60%

- Base damage reduced by 30%. (Don't worry, if by somehow you manage to hit someone at this point, you will only have to wait 15 seconds while spun up to go back to normal damage!)

- Sandvich removed from the game (We deemed it too confusing for new players who didn't know how to eat the food)

Engineer

- Having any building up will mark the Engineer permanently with minicrit damage, until no buildings are on the field.

- Scouts, Demomen, and Soldiers can now one hit kill any building just by looking at it

- level 2 and 3 sentry gun damage reduced by 50% against scouts

Demoman

- Tide Turner no longer grants minicrits on a successful charge attack, instead heals the opponent and damages yourself

Medic

- Mediguns no longer heal classes that aren't Scout, Soldier, or Demoman

Russ T

Banned
I wonder if Valve will ever talk about what they were thinking of doing for a tenth class (if, indeed, they ever did think of making a tenth class). Obviously the weapons kinda took over and replaced that idea, but that doesn't stop me from being curious.

Bluth54

I wonder if Valve will ever talk about what they were thinking of doing for a tenth class (if, indeed, they ever did think of making a tenth class). Obviously the weapons kinda took over and replaced that idea, but that doesn't stop me from being curious.
My guess is that they weren't ever seriously considering a 10 class and that box in L4D implying a 10th class was coming soon was just a joke, but you never know with Valve.
I feel like the if there would of been a 10th class it probably would of been similar to demoknight or huntsman sniper since those weapons feel different enough from their base weapons to make a full class out of, but honestly who knows. Maybe the TF team will do a tell all interview or we'll get a making up book for TF2 someday.

Top Bottom