• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Ninja: We went "hands-on" to get breast physics right in DOA5

Dantis

Why do people hate Other M if the art and combat are good? Story or something?

Also, I heard that "Other M" was supposed to be clever or something. What does Other M mean?

Sorry for the questions, I haven't actually played video games in several years.

The story is pretty bad, with some really janky writing. Also, the controls are crap and you can't use missiles unless you're in first person. Which you can only do if you're stationary.

It also has an atrocious last boss.

y2dvd

6471ab41.gif

B
r
e
a
st game ever!

Why do people hate Other M if the art and combat are good? Story or something?

Also, I heard that "Other M" was supposed to be clever or something. What does Other M mean?

Sorry for the questions, I haven't actually played video games in several years.

I can't speak for anyone else but i didn't like the art style or the combat. There wasn't much there i did like.

hachi

Banned
Since the thread is already fairly ridiculous... begin absurdly unfair but honest psychological generalization:
---
For whatever reason, it's hard not to see men who obsess almost exclusively over breasts (and Team Ninja comes off this way) as somewhat more juvenile than those who at least recognize a womanly figure a bit more holistically in terms of hips, thighs, etc; it's as if all sexuality is frozen by some maternal fantasy, focusing only on those secondary characteristics relevant to nursing a child, even though these have the least direct relation to the sexual act.

The idea of a breast-reveal as the sole focus of attention brings to mind images of bad college movies with a goofy guy fainting upon the sight of wet t-shirt. Other kinds of lewdness directed at other parts of a woman's body don't as readily evoke this adolescent imagery.
---
/end

P90

Since the thread is already fairly ridiculous... begin absurdly unfair but honest psychological generalization:
---
For whatever reason, it's hard not to see men who obsess almost exclusively over breasts (and Team Ninja comes off this way) as somewhat more juvenile than those who at least recognize a womanly figure a bit more holistically in terms of hips, thighs, etc; it's as if all sexuality is frozen by some maternal fantasy, focusing only on those secondary characteristics relevant to nursing a child, even though these have the least direct relation to the sexual act.

The idea of a breast-reveal as the sole focus of attention brings to mind images of bad college movies with a goofy guy fainting upon the sight of wet t-shirt. Other kinds of lewdness directed at other parts of a woman's body don't as readily evoke this adolescent imagery.
---
/end

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/21/Venus_de_Milo_Louvre_Ma399_n4.jpg

This game is gonna be frickin awesome!

Its nice to know I'm this in-tune with a development team, my priorities are their priorities too.

I'm not even a Tina fan usually but that gif is relevant to my interests.

hachi

Banned

I believe you were trying to say, "breast-obsession is as classic as Greek sculpture." However, Venus de Milo doesn't so unambiguously support your case. Her breasts are exposed, but there is perhaps an even greater attention to the fact that her robe is just about to slip past her buttocks; her missing right arm is thought to have been somewhat suggestively holding that falling robe in place to prevent a full reveal of her sexuality.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ea/Wenuszmt.jpg

I believe you were trying to say, "breast-obsession is as classic as Greek sculpture." However, Venus de Milo doesn't so unambiguously support your case. Her breasts are exposed, but there is perhaps an even greater attention to the fact that her robe is just about to slip past her buttocks; her missing right arm is thought to have been somewhat suggestively holding that falling robe in place to prevent a full reveal of her sexuality.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ea/Wenuszmt.jpg

She's missing an arm?

want

Someone needs to make an "ass physics in games" thread. Or a general ass thread.

We've tried before in OT, shit went downhill when GayGAF wanted to throw a bunch of dudes' asses in there as well. Ya know, equality.

But hey, here's Rachel McAdams' butt

mcadams-gif1.gif

I would say NSFW, but if you clicked this thread, you already in deep

Esura

Banned
---

---
/end

I like hips and thighs too. :(

Arklite

---

---
/end

I'm pretty sure it just comes down to breasts being an easily visible/prominent female body part. From what I understand, the reason males are attracted to 'fit' females is because we instinctively relate that with fertility.

Bringing up the maternal purpose of breasts doesn't nullify their sexual appeal. A penis is just a reproduction tool, an ass is as as maternal/sexual/reproductively useful as your elbow. The point is the attraction of the human form. Toned stomach, thighs, long legs, or muscular backs for men, and large breasts for women are part of this attraction. However, showing off toned body parts requires exposure. Breasts are always visible on a female form, so they are often given excessive attention.

Persona86

Banned
I like hips and thighs too. :(

and calves, and stomach, and hair, and neck, and lips, and eyes, and skin, and ears, and feet, and ankles and shoulders, and arms, and hands and ass, and back, and waist and collar bone and nose and pussycat and dimples and voice and personality and body language and expressions and eyelashes and eyebrows and teeth and wrists and even womens clothes and button belly and six pack and nipples and etc etc

As a male I find it offensive (not really) if somebody assumes I only like tits, I like it ALL as should any male! which means I can like women all shapes and sizes and can be attracted to a girl with a flat chest for many reasons (plus small boobs can be way better too its all about shape)

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I don't mean to sound pervy, Giggity.
By the way being attracted to any of these parts doesn't have to mean it a sexual attraction. Just like women can be attracted to beautiful girls etc without the sexual aspect. Have you seen how women always want to hang around with the super pretty girl?

P.S a girl doesnt have to have all of that to be attractive to someone, just one or two of those can be enough attract someone's taste, just saying this in case someone gets self concious and thinks men have impossible standards.
Women are all beautiful in their own unique way, and all men and women have their own unique taste that goes beyond "sexual" attraction so there's someone out there for everyone.

Top Bottom