• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Ninja: We went "hands-on" to get breast physics right in DOA5

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Soul Calibur V have very static environments. Characters look wonderful but DOA5 has more details still and effects going on.

ZoddGutts

Doesn't matter if Tekken Tag 2 is using T5 character models or not, they still look mediocre compare to DO5. TT2 looks weak graphically compared to DO5, both in character models and in stage environments. Note I'm not a Tekken hater, hell I like Tekken more than DOA series.

Arklite

What about inner butthole physics? Cock jiggle physics? Whispy chode hair physics?

One step at a time there, man.

Doesn't matter if Tekken Tag 2 is using T5 character models or not, they still look mediocre compare to DO5. TT2 looks weak graphically compared to DO5, both in character models and in stage environments.

TT2 has definitely made improvements in facial features and animations, though. I think that's one area it has DOA and SC beat.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
TT2 has definitely made improvements in facial features and animations, though. I think that's one area it has DOA and SC beat.

See, I feel the opposite. The animation of Tekken has always seemed clunky, though it's made better by the motion blur. I don't think any 3D fighter comes close to the animation of the ninjas in the DOA series. The strikes feel powerful and graceful.

Arklite

See, I feel the opposite. The animation of Tekken has always seemed clunky, though it's made better by the motion blur. I don't think any 3D fighter comes close to the animation of the ninjas in the DOA series. The strikes feel powerful and graceful.

Meant animations for faces specifically. I'm not sure SC is that much smoother than Tekken overall, but I haven't played since SC2 so my perceptions are outdated.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Why can't they just give us games with audible farts and queefs as well as highly visible and much celebrated pants boners(with adjustable size and girth) and maybe cum stains on the front of their fishnet speedos? Shit is getting annoying with how lazy developers are these days even with near unlimited processing power.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Why can't they just give us games with audible farts and queefs as well as highly visible and much celebrated pants boners(with adjustable size and girth) and maybe cum stains on the front of their fishnet speedos? Shit is getting annoying with how lazy developers are these days even with near unlimited processing power.

I would be more than willing go hands on in order to get the scrote physics right

Arklite

Unfortunately there aren't a whole lot of dev teams out there with your interests in mind.

Xav

From what I have seen Dead or Alive 5 has better backgrounds but Soulcalibur V has it beat everywhere else though I'll reserve final judgement until I see Dead or Alive 5 running on my TV. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 shouldn't even be in this discussion, the Prologue demo had an awful picture quality thanks to what looks like a sub HD resolution and jagged edges everywhere. I prefer Tekken DR 1080p on PSN over Tekken 6 & Tekken Tag 2 which it comes to graphics. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 would be a great looking fighter on the PC though.

Vazra

From what I have seen Dead or Alive 5 has better backgrounds but Soulcalibur V has it beat everywhere else though I'll reserve final judgement until I see Dead or Alive 5 running on my TV. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 shouldn't even be in this discussion, the Prologue demo had an awful picture quality thanks to what looks like a sub HD resolution and jagged edges everywhere. I prefer Tekken DR 1080p on PSN over Tekken 6 & Tekken Tag 2 which it comes to graphics. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 would be a great looking fighter on the PC though.

Have you seen Dead or Alive videos well? DOA5 beats SCV on everything except maybe facial animations.

Opening Declaration
Watch it in HD.

Arklite

From what I have seen Dead or Alive 5 has better backgrounds but Soulcalibur V has it beat everywhere else though I'll reserve final judgement until I see Dead or Alive 5 running on my TV.

Even breast physics? I know Ivy's got a good argument on size, but not sure about movement.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Have you seen Dead or Alive videos well? DOA5 beats SCV on everything except maybe facial animations.

SCV facial animations aren't very impressive. Not saying DOA5's are that much better, but some of the cutscenes have had decent varying expressions. I also find it incredibly creepy when SC5 characters shout or yell something without moving any part of their body except for their mouths.

I think that the only thing that SCV has DOA5 beaten on potentially is clothing detail on the models... and that's mostly because the costumes in SCV are generally more ornate.

The one thing TTT2 has over DOA5 for sure is its a better competitive fighter due to the whole hold system, doesn't help that down hold still dodges high attacks.

Visually DOA5 beats TTT2 quite handily. But I buy a fighter to play for fun. I don't have fun when I'm in a situation where I have to guess for making the right choice.

Reiko

Banned
How come these girls don't have busted noses and cauliflower ears?

gina_carano_black_eyeycsen.jpg

Next Gen

Vazra

The one thing TTT2 has over DOA5 for sure is its a better competitive fighter due to the whole hold system, doesn't help that down hold still dodges high attacks.

Visually DOA5 beats TTT2 quite handily. But I buy a fighter to play for fun. I don't have fun when I'm in a situation where I have to guess for making the right choice.

You haven't played DOA5 to know exactly how that part is have you?

Persona86

Banned
Not really.

Hitomi Tanaka, Fuko, Ria Sakuragi, Chichi Asada, Fuzoku, Mitsumi (110cm I-cup), Chika Kitano, and Airu Oshima are the real DOA girls of Japan.

Yeah... I have way too much time on my hands.
Your missing somebody vital, Momoka Nishina.

Ninjimbo

I'm confused. Isn't that the whole point of a fighting game? The great ones are always pushing you to make a decision and then punishing you for making the wrong one. Tekken doesn't have this?

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I remember a girl in my class ranting against the breast physics of DOA1 when I was in junior high school 15 years ago. Some things never change.

I love the spirt of DoA for sure. Not the best fighting game series but to be honest... I always thought it was the most impressive visually. One of the main reasons I went with the original Xbox at launch. Game didn't disappoint for me. This looks nice but for whatever reason, I just don't like fighters anymore.

Xav

Speaking of things that shouldn't be in the discussion...
Would you prefer I judge using screenshots & YouTube videos? The final game will have the option to turn off motion blur and the game will look a little cleaner as a result but don't kid yourself. The final game isn't going to look much better, I'll send you private message telling you I was wrong if somehow the final game has any real improvement over the demo.

Opening Declaration
Watch it in HD.

Come on dude you don't use an intro to back your arguement.

Hey look, pretty cut-scenes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYiZTpo34Rk

Even breast physics? I know Ivy's got a good argument on size, but not sure about movement.

The boobs in Dead or Alive seem to bounce forever unrealistically, they seem to have more weight to them on Soulcalibur although I can't say I've gone out of my way to compare the two.
I'm not trying to start a comparison war here but I still stand by what I said, Dead or Alive has better environments but I prefer Soulcalibur V for the rest.
Maybe it's just me and I prefer

hfIce.jpg

The flashes when you block attacks...

FxH66.jpg

The odd use of fur on Voldo's costume...

MnRHs.jpg

Hair that isn't long silky smooth strands...

acP6a.jpg

Details on the skin such as scars & veins...

Maybe I just prefer all these smaller details on my characters in the foreground than have all the attention go on the background and have plastic looking character models as a result. Again please understand that it's just my opinion.

*Holds up flame shield anyway*

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I love the spirt of DoA for sure. Not the best fighting game series but to be honest... I always thought it was the most impressive visually. One of the main reasons I went with the original Xbox at launch. Game didn't disappoint for me. This looks nice but for whatever reason, I just don't like fighters anymore.

I always thought of it as the fighting series with the most "flair". Not just because of the main topic of this thread :)P) .... but the way you can toss people off ledges into other areas to fight, crazy reversals and throws, etc.

Vazra

Come on dude you don't use an intro to back your arguement.

Ingame Assets for your pleasure.

From Your Pictures:

1: The flashes look ok.
2: Voldo Square ish fur pants
3: Patroklos thingy on his neck looks odd and low res.
4: There I can't say anything.

In all the pictures there are some evident parts that are not exactly the best but its far from not being a Looker the game looks sexy still but Dead or Alive have more things going on besides veins. DOA5 has fur stuff too in some bikinis which while the design is not exactly cool it looks fine.

I'm confused. Isn't that the whole point of a fighting game? The great ones are always pushing you to make a decision and then punishing you for making the wrong one. Tekken doesn't have this?

No other game punishes the attacker for making the right choice in punishing the opponents mistake. In DOA4 you can hit them if they did something unsafe, go into the 2nd or 3rd hit and do like 10% by then, but if they hold your 3rd hit you lose like 30% hp.

So basically on hit, the person is guessing a 33%(high/mid/low) chance to counter for more dmg after making the mistake. The attack is guessing to avoid that 33% chance counter with more guessing of high/mid/low. In DOA4 the defender was almost always in advantage after making a mistake compared to the attacker. Now add that most strings were unsafe on block and the only thing you could do was delay your string to further guessing.

also the low hold ducks high attacks. So in reality it was closer to 50/50.

Every other competitve fighter doesn't do this. If the opponent makes a mistake, and you punish, you are always in advantage because they are taking the dmg no matter what (except combo breaker but then they are using up a resource for making that mistake).

You haven't played DOA5 to know exactly how that part is have you?

I follow enough on DOA5 to know that what hampered the whole series from being a good competitive game are still presented in the game (though its been alleviated to an extent).

Top Bottom