• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Ninja: We went "hands-on" to get breast physics right in DOA5

Nekki

BJZl3.gif

I need more of this.

Hey, don't look at me like that, it's a thread about breasts!

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I can't hear you.

jannleet.png

His abs are too loud.

Glad I never signed up for such a quest. I'm much more worried about the quest to have fun, serious or silly.

And your comment is silly. The fact that movies like Wild Things exist doesn't mean people take movies serious. Or 50 Shades of Grey make people take books less seriously.

Yup, don't see why everyone is on this one huge mission to "legitimize" videogames (see: the games as art debate). Are you that embarrassed by your gaming hobby?

Gaming needs more goofy games with good play mechanics, and less pretentious, gameplay-shallow "art" games (see: Passage), who cares if mainstream America won't take it seriously (yes, the same mainstream America that made things like "Jersey Shore" and "50 Shades of Grey" into hits)? Some of the most interesting and exciting games ever came out back in the pre-PS1 days when people considered gaming still "for kids".

c'mon now. this is no different than cheesecake art in comics. adults drawing them sexy babes.

There is a lot controversy about comic book cheesecake in recent years. And I assure you that even the most horny comic creator would think twice before saying similar "hands on" statements that Team Nonja seems to eager to employ.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Christ. Just get it over with. Put in a nekkid mode. Provide a fleshlight accessory with a rumble pack.

Honestly, even though the characters look idealized in this game, they certainly look much more believable than past games. They don't look like real-dolls anymore.

Reiko

Banned
Huh? you are clearly not up to date with Japanese gravure scene.

Google Image search Ai Shinozaki,Mai Nishida and Saaya Irie..there are gifs too. :)

Not really.

Hitomi Tanaka, Fuko, Ria Sakuragi, Chichi Asada, Fuzoku, Mitsumi (110cm I-cup), Chika Kitano, and Airu Oshima are the real DOA girls of Japan.

Yeah... I have way too much time on my hands.

Getting DOA just to support a competitive fighter. If its end up having bad reviews before the game I'll cancel my preorder. Hopefully they can turn it around and not deliver DOA4.

UrbanRats

Eh, not a big deal in this instance.
DoA's gimmick has always been this one, so its male pandering doesn't bother me (reason why they felt Extreme Beachvolleyball was needed).
Other fighting games could try to tone it down, though.

Ezalc

Not really.

Hitomi Tanaka, Fuko, Ria Sakuragi, Chichi Asada, Fuzoku, Mitsumi (110cm I-cup), Chika Kitano, and Airu Oshima are the real DOA girls of Japan.

Yeah... I have way too much time on my hands.

I know what I'm going to have on my hands later tonight.

jmdajr

Do they still have those pancake asses?

Be nice if the characters were at least a little toned. Well at least the faces look better.

I thought they were trying to move away from the whole T&A thing? Or at least tone it down a bit?

It is toned down severely compared to DOA1 or even any of the previous DOA's. DOA was founded on T&A. Moving away from that would be like Mortal Kombat moving away from blood. A risk with the original fanbase in other words.

Reiko

Banned
It is toned down severely compared to DOA1 or even any of the previous DOA's. DOA was founded on T&A. Moving away from that would be like Mortal Kombat moving away from blood. A risk with the original fanbase in other words.

Not under Itagaki's watch...

Remember Ayane's infamous wearing nothing but overalls with side boob from DOA2 Ultimate?

ZoddGutts

Gotta give credit to Team Ninja at least they made new and improved models. Graphically this game looks much better than Tekken Tag 2.

Top Bottom