• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Ninja: We went "hands-on" to get breast physics right in DOA5

RpgN

Only because they wanted that T rating for the 3DS.

That's a shame, it would have been cool if they continued with that :(

DR2K said:
It's been considerbly less, with their primary focus being on tournament player input and adding more depth to the entire combat system. Hence the inclusion of VF and the input from AM2 and competitive DOA players worldwide. This game isn't about tits, yeah they're there, but so is the sweat and dirt and all the other incredible minute details. Sex sells, both Tekken and DOA are using it as preorder bonuses. It's not very revealing nor is it required for either game.

I've been following the release and you're right that they've been focusing a lot on the gameplay and character reveals for a long time. This kind of attention is too much for me and is hard to go around it in the game, I'm afraid. It's a shame that Tekken is starting to go with that direction, they've always been so good without it. Although even then, I find it less offending because the kind of focus is a bit different. That trailer also shows males in a swimming suit, it's fair for both genders and the female body is not exaggerated like with DoA. The trailer seemed more comical than uncomfortable. Though I didn't like that artwork for one of the outfits made by a mangaka. It's a small difference that could change things easily.

Anyways, sorry for rambling. Please continue with the thread!

luokyl

Until they get Vaginal and Scrotum Balance... No Sale

I need to know if the character's boys or girls are safe

Those move can hurt the polys and tear it asunder =C

This is by far, the most 'wut' post I've seen on NeoGAF.

Anyway, Hayashi's comment was unnecessary. You can have good boob physics in your game, but don't go around telling everybody how much effort you put into it..

Dantis

This is by far, the most 'wut' post I've seen on NeoGAF.

Anyway, Hayashi's comment was unnecessary. You can have good boob physics in your game, but don't go around telling everybody how much effort you put into it..

He was just playing up to the TN stereotype for the interview, and overly-touchy Internet people jumped on him for it.

Like I keep saying, he's only the producer. He will have had very little direct input in the game.

You see this, Team Ninja?

iffjzi4rS2LJ3.gif

This is why I'm buying Tekken instead of your game! Gender equality ;-)

Arklite

Goddamn. Reading this via phone and burst into laughter when I scrolled down to the Snake salute in OP. GG.

Breast physics were a bygone conclusion from the projects announcement, though. It's their forte.

The only think equal is the size of crotch universally.

It's a lot better than having the men fully dressed and covered up while the women wear next to nothing. It looks like they belong in different games.

And the girls seem to have the same boobs, so equal crotch size is fair I guess.

DR2K

Banned
It's a lot better than having the men fully dressed and covered up while the women wear next to nothing. It looks like they belong in different games.

And the girls seem to have the same boobs, so equal crotch size is fair I guess.

We haven't seen all the costumes yet. Jann lee has an outfit tha gets wet and you can see his nipples through it. Females don't get that.

Not really, they're all just different from what I've seen. Unless you're about to tell me that Tina, Sarah, and Kokoro have the same bust sizes. . . vs a male and female having the same crotch modelded on them.

patapuf

We haven't seen all the costumes yet. Jann lee has an outfit tha gets wet and you can see his nipples through it. Females don't get that.

Not really, they're all just different from what I've seen. Unless you're about to tell me that Tina, Sarah, and Kokoro have the same bust sizes. . . vs a male and female having the same crotch modelded on them.

i think they were talking about the tekken trailer

I doubt the guys will get speedos or something considering Team Ninja's obsessions with "soft girl's skin" and "breast physics". So I'll still give it to Namco, they at least try to make it more equal, even though they don't spend the extra resources for modeling male bulges (I misunderstood you there), it's a start ;-)
And I was talking about the Tekken girls, the DOA ones have individual boobs, that's true.

I do wonder though where Team Ninja got the "realistic" breast physics from, in some vids it looks like they move with the wind, not all that realistic if you ask me lol.

Hands on?
Guess they birre some skunk to be breast-fondled by geeky guys so that they get how it feels and implement Tits bouncing correctly?
J/k but i don't get their hands on experience reference tbh

What? Team Ninja Dog is EVOLVING!!!
[stuff happens here]
Congratualtions! Your Team Ninja Dog has evolved into Team Ninja Neo!!!

Honestly, I think Hayashi and crew struck the perfect balance between reality and sex appeal. Itagaki had the slider full on sex appeal and we know what came from that. Applause to you.

As much as it pains me to write it: VF isn't a major franchise and hasn't been since the PS2 era.

This is just utterly untrue. Just because SEGA doesn't know how to release constant console versions doesn't mean that VF isn't still a force in fighting games. VF5 has been a force in the arcade for 6 years. Constantly in the Top 20 when arcade games get ranked. But allegedly it fell off. Maybe falling off has different definitions depending on who's talking.

kinda sad that nobody gives two shits about the fighting mechanics and how this may be the only competitive DOA to be release outside a minority of people. No discussion about the game changes, no talk about the step towards competitive play. Nope, but boobs and bikinis get the most talk.

boobs first, ask questions later.

i'm glad TN can make perfect women. i thought the models in NGSigma 2 were already high class at the time of release, so i'm glad they managed to improve so much more since then.

gameplay will always be first priority for me, but i'm sure this game will sell lots outside of the FG community, just because the models look so attractive.

Esura

Banned
At this point I'm almost surprised they didn't add Kinect functionality where you can "fondle" the breasts.

....not a bad idea actually. Maybe make some bonus Museum Mode and you get bonus points to unlock more costumes and stuff depending on how you fondle each character's breasts. Maybe unlock online titles and stuff too. Would look stupid as hell doing it but it would be fun as hell though.

You may be on to something Leckan.

freddy

Banned
Meanwhile the guys at Rockstar are going hands-on with fellow team members penii in order to make sure the next cock in GTA 6 looks realistic.

Igo

The approach is: They achieved it with a breast bouncing-feature. If you still not getting it...
All that suggests is that he finds women with large breasts attractive, and is proud of his character designs.

Dude is just too honest for his own good.

Actually, good for him. Fuck this nonsense.

dan2026

I'd would be nice if all the DOA women's boobs weren't so comically oversized.

Clearly their study into the female anatomy didn't take them past watching anime.

Top Bottom