• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tearaway Unfolded |OT|

DirtyLarry

I am also late but damn, just wanted to say I am so sorry for your loss GoDLiKe. If has not already been suggested, if you have a WiiU pick up Yoshi's Wooly World. It is another game guaranteed to bring a smile. Try to maintain however possible.

ckohler

I finally finished it. One of the best ports ever done. I was skeptical this wouldn't be as good as the Vita version but I think I actually enjoyed this one more!

This ranks in my top five favorite and most satisfying endings to any game. So heartfelt and imaginative.

It saddens me to think how few people have experienced it.

After finally starting this this weekend, I get the pacing complaints. Whoever thought it made sense to make the beginning of the game feel even more disorganized and hold off even longer before giving you jump did a grave disservice to this game. It was bad enough on Vita, but this just felt interminable. If that was the part in the demo, no wonder people passed on this.

Such a crying shame because most everything afterwards is just as good or better than the Vita version. There are tradeoffs though, like having the DS4's features not feel like something worth building a game around impacts the immersive feeling of the Vita version, but the DS4 feels so much better in general to use.

Need help with Tower of Doom trophy. Where can I find 6 of those buggers to stack on each other. :(
I did it in the laboratory, after you go down into it. It's not too far after then. You are on a platform where fight a bunch of scraps. There are six of them that will stack up.

Oneself

After finally starting this this weekend, I get the pacing complaints. Whoever thought it made sense to make the beginning of the game feel even more disorganized and hold off even longer before giving you jump did a grave disservice to this game. It was bad enough on Vita, but this just felt interminable. If that was the part in the demo, no wonder people passed on this.

Such a crying shame because most everything afterwards is just as good or better than the Vita version...

Yeah, two friends of mine who are into platformers will never buy the game because of how boring the demo is. I'm trying to convince them that it's incredibly fantastic when you get to jump but ... That's such a silly feature, since when do you need to unlock "jumping" in a platformer.

Footos22

I'm one fucking scrap away from platinum.in Sr swithins Moor. Just can't find the little fucker. Been through the level 5 times now and hate it.

Jeels

I did it in the laboratory, after you go down into it. It's not too far after then. You are on a platform where fight a bunch of scraps. There are six of them that will stack up.

Odd..I went through the entire level jus tnow and never saw six red scraps :(

Played the demo and will get @ Xmas time.

Was a bit annoyed at lack of vibration on the demo though, especially when I did a jump thing on one of those boxes. Is this cos its a vita port? Hmmmm....

wouwie

I just started replaying the game (from scratch, i deleted my save).

I still can't believe how beautiful, fresh and imaginative this game looks and sounds. It looks absolutely gorgeous. It's easily one of my favourite games ever when it comes to presentation (visuals, atmosphere, happy vibes and sound).

Jeels

Platinumed it last night.

Man that took forever. i did the vita verison 100% in less then 2 days lol

Just platinum'd myself.

I love the game to bits, but I have to say, some of the collectathons for the platinum were really grating me, especially when it came to killing all scraps, getting all confetti, and that damned gopher (wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to restart the entire level just to attempt again...)

Still, this game was so adorable to play through before the platinum. And that ending is one of the best in gaming.

I loved the Vita version, and the new Unfolded stuff is holding up well so far - just got into the first original game area.

I don't understand why
they changed the pig riding music :( It sets a totally different tone for that section now!

farisr

I just finished the game a few minutes ago.

So good. Aside from the slow start, the game kept me engaged and kept the gameplay fresh throughout. I think it has a good chance of making my top 5 or even top 3 games of this year for me.

I would've been fine with paying $60 for this game.

I still don't know what this game is all about and if I would like it or not :O

It's an old school 3D platformer akin to Mario 64 with lots of dual shock specific interface highlights (use of the touchpad, accelerometer etc.) it's also one of the most inventive game worlds in a long time, and a lovely tale to boot. One of the games of the gen for me... if any of that if up your alley, and you like original games, definitely take the chance :)

samueeL

Banned
Probably it's localised / 100% German...which is a pity...would buy it asap otherwise.
Don't think so. The EAN product code seems to be 0711719854814 for the game and googling that leads to many german sites that sell the game and on those sites it says multilanguages on the game.

Alastor3

There's a demo in the store.

ohh! will try!

It's an old school 3D platformer akin to Mario 64 with lots of dual shock specific interface highlights (use of the touchpad, accelerometer etc.) it's also one of the most inventive game worlds in a long time, and a lovely tale to boot. One of the games of the gen for me... if any of that if up your alley, and you like original games, definitely take the chance :)

I like the world a lot and textures a lot.
There is not enough 3d platformer this gen

-MD-

I've been playing through this and it's just fantastic. I don't really care much about the actual creating/drawing aspect of it but I can acknowledge how neat it is to see your drawings used in-game and if my nephew had a PS4 I'd recommend this to him for that feature alone. I've run into some bugs that required me to restart my checkpoint a few times but it wasn't a big issue. everything else about it though is top notch stuff.

Scratching a platforming itch that I've had for quite some time and a nice warm up for Yooka-Laylee & A Hat in Time next year. Definitely one of my favorite games of 2015.

It's $20 bucks on amazon (US) right now. I think I'll finally buy it.

Great price.

Hektor

I'm probably the 1 millionth person to ask this, but is unfolded worth a buy for it's current pricetag at amazon.de if you already played the Vita version?

PS4 has 50% more content.

I'd say even more. As someone who thoroughly enjoyed the Vita version, I was very surprised by how different the PS4 game feels right off the bat.

They basically remade the game; moving things here and there, putting new stuff seamlessly in with the old...it is an entirely fresh experience.

Would you guys say that the majority of the new stuff added was platforming stuff, or non platforming stuff?

The majority of the new stuff is new level design blended in with new gameplay mechanics. It's a LOT of new gameplay content, for sure.

Anyone hesitating because they played the Vita version really shouldn't; you'd be amazed at how much this game sets itself apart from that version.

Ended up buying this full price. Happy to support the devs, and make up for not buying the vita version, and after playing a bunch of dreary games (and soon to dive back in with Bloodborne) I really needed something colorful and light and fun. Also got Journey which was lovely.

Looking forward to trying this out.

psychotron

I'd like to share my story with this game.

My wife was fighting a rare disease since 2012 and that damn disease came back in full force this year. I was really depressed so I had to find anything that could give me some strength. My friends & family helped me a lot, but everytime I was alone in home... it was terrible. So I decided to use my favourite hobby to help me: gaming.

I was interested in Tearaway since the initial release on Vita but since I don't have the system, I was glad to know that the game was coming to PS4. I couldn't spend all day on hospital with my wife due to work, so I thought the game would put a smile on my face - and it did. It was the first time that I could smile for real outside of the hospital. I had to be strong to properly support her.

Unfortunately she passed away this week. She was only 30, damn. We just bought an apartment... we had so many plans... I love her so, so much. I'm in pieces now.

I don't know what to do, or even how I'm writing this, but I just wanted to say that I decided to boot the game to try to forget eveything and the game put a smile on my face once again. So even if that effect lasted a couple of minutes, I was able to smile even during the worst period of my life. I'd like to thank everyone who worked hard on this game, because there's so much love on it. My wife would have loved this game. Thanks a lot, Media Molecule.

I know it's late, but I'm so terribly sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine, nor do I want to. I'm glad you found some comfort, even if it was just a bit.

Managed to score this new for $20, or effectively cheaper than free since I traded in Fallout 4 for it (which I also got effectively for free since it came with my PS4 Uncharted bundle).

I just got the power to control the wind. Really, really fantastic game so far, and a really great way to get introduced to PS4. At first, I was a little frustrated that you can't
do a conventional jump at first
, but it wound up making the exploration feel incredibly unique right off the bat and forced me to assimilate the unique control systems in a really pleasant way.

I was expecting it to be incredibly linear based on my experiences with demos (for both Vita and PS4 at various E3s), so I was pleasantly surprised when the world felt a lot more like a weird hybrid of Mario 64 and Okami hubs. I've already missed plenty of secrets, which lets me know it's chock full of content and will probably offer lots of depth on replays.

Assuming the quality doesn't take a serious nosedive and I find it enjoyable to replay, this might end up as one of my all-time favorites.

I've been thinking of getting a bona fide Vita for Remote Play for awhile now anyway (my wife's also a gamer; I've already ordered a PS TV via the Best Buy fire sale in anticipation of the inevitable day we buy a house and have a fully-stocked game room with multiple TVs so we can play different games in the same room), but I might double dip on the Vita version too, just for the asynchronous gameplay experience.

Played up to the Moors so far. Holy crap this might be the best looking game I've played on PS4, the art style is amazing. Gameplay is quite simplistic thus far and there haven't really been any challenging platforming sections yet, but damn the world and all the charming details make this game so awesome.

Top Bottom