• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Technology has gone too far!! Let's talk!!

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
giphy.webp

HighPoly HighPoly I’m starting to understand you more. You should use this enthusiasm you have for graphics to teach us about graphics in history.

For example you could explain to us how Kojima’s team managed to do what they did graphically with MGS 2 and 3 on PS2.

You could be for graphics like what M Mama Robotnik was for video game history.

Krieger

My fridge has more computing power than the shit they used to send people to the moon. In 50 years people will be married to humanoid looking robots.

I started this ride back in 83 with an Atari 2600, and it is indeed crazy how far we have come. I have the complete Baldur’s Gate Saga and Planescape Torment on my freakin phone.

Not because I play them there, but simply because I can.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Today a simple TABLET like Nintendo Switch runs Toy Story 1995 graphics in real time.

But Nintendo and its journalists said that with N64, it would have the graphics of Toy Story and the graphics would look like the movie Terminator 2.

The reality is came 23 years late with the Switch.

Last edited:

HighPoly

Banned
But Nintendo and its journalists said that with N64, it would have the graphics of Toy Story and the graphics would look like the movie Terminator 2.

The reality is came 23 years late with the Switch.
sure, today we are playing Toy Story and some Hollywood CGi graphics in real time

I mean, that old CGi movies from 90's

and some CGi from 2000's like Spirit Within

Well, Hellblade 2 is better than this
don't you think?

HighPoly

Banned
HighPoly HighPoly I’m starting to understand you more. You should use this enthusiasm you have for graphics to teach us about graphics in history.

For example you could explain to us how Kojima’s team managed to do what they did graphically with MGS 2 and 3 on PS2.

You could be for graphics like what M Mama Robotnik was for video game history.
MGS3 and O.D will be amazing this gen

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Today a simple TABLET like Nintendo Switch runs Toy Story 1995 graphics in real time.

Good looking game for a Switch title. It's about what I expect from the Switch.

How is it technology going too far?

Were you high when you posted this?

HighPoly

Banned
Good looking game for a Switch title. It's about what I expect from the Switch.

How is it technology going too far?

Were you high when you posted this?
no man!
come on guys, I'm making amazing threads!

don't be so arrogant, I'm a stupid little machine trying to make some friends talking about technologies

JimboJones

I did play Luigi's Mansion 3 with the nephew again and I have to say they did an outstanding job with the graphics in that game. Tied with Metroid Prime as probably the best looking games on the system.

GreenAlien

Technology allowed me to 3D print a fish skeleton today. When will the madness end?
Your kids will forever be traumatized when you hide their pet fish and put the skeleton into their midnight soup.... (edit: might be a custom thats only popular in german countries.. it's a type of soup you eat during new year's eve.) Don't do it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom