• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tecmo KOEI sales in NA playstation store

L.O.R.D

i thought i better make thread about it

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/koei-tecmo-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-TECMOKOEISALEG

even the DLCs for DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round on sales , time to get some Costume Sets ?

also , Demon souls for $10

Vita :

DYNASTY WARRIORS 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition $20

SAMURAI WARRIORS: Chronicles 3 $20

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus & Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus $18 , how is this port ? 30 FPS ? compare to the X360 version ?

Dead or Alive 5 Plus & Dead or Alive Paradise $18

Atelier Ayesha Plus ~The Alchemist of Dusk~ $20

Toukiden: Kiwami $20

PS4 list

PS3 list[/URL

edit: full list

Here is a compiled list for easier access.

PlayStation 4 Games:
------------------------------------------
Bladestorm: Nightmare – $30.00
Dead or Alive 5: Last Round – $20.00
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess – $25.00
Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires - $25.00
Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition – $30.00
Nobunaga’s Ambition: Sphere of Influence – $47.99
Samurai Warriors 4 – $30.00
Toukiden Kiwami – $30.00
Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate – $30.00

PlayStation 3 Games:
---------------------------------------------
Ar nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star – $20.00
Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland – $20.00
Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea – $20.00
Dynasty Warriors 8 – $20.00
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge – $15.00
Tecmo Bowl Throwback – $6.99

PlayStation Vita Games
---------------------------------------------------
Ar nosurge Plus: Ode to an Unborn Star – $20.00
Atelier Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist of Dusk - $20.00
Dead or Alive 5 Plus & Dead or Alive Paradise – $18.00
Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition – $20.00
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus & Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus – $18.00
Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 – $20.00
Toukiden Kiwami – $20.00

Persona7

Banned
oh yeah, I've been meaning to get a digital version of ninja gaiden sigma

edit : nevermind, it's the damn vita version.

frogger

I own both Ninja Gaiden games on Vita. Definitely not as good as the Xbox 360 version. But you don't expect it to be anyway.

18-Volt

I'm far from knowledgeable but I recall some problems being present on the sequel. This is based on word of mouth though, ao someone should confirm it.

First one runs pretty good, solid 30 fps. Second one has one of the worst framerates on Vita, goes as low as 5 fps. Avoid.

SephLuis

Right in the week with Superbeat Xonic =/

Ok, does the DOA5 LR on the PS4 still have an active community ? I played the first version and liked a lot.

Will probably also get Ayesha Plus. The only one from the Dusk trilogy I didn't got.

The End

Refresh my memory: what does the DOA5:LR "full game" have that like DOA5:U plus that big-ass costume pack from last christmas doesn't? I get that there's 4 more characters, but is there like a "single player" game? Does it enable trophies?

Also, is there going to be plus pricing on this, because I'd snatch up SW4 for $25 in a heartbeat

Tizoc

Thanks for making the thread LORD.

If anyone wants one Musou game for PS4, I'd recommend Samurai Warriors 4-II, here's my review of it, don't worry about the graphics since PS4 ver. would not have these issues

I've put 20 hours by now into this game. Samurai Warriors 4-II gameplay-wise is a revision of Samurai Warriors 4. Reading up on both games it seems 4-II has a different story mode to 4, and makes Naomasa Ii the main character for the game.
Set during the Sengoku warring period, various figures from that era are re-imagined in crazy outfits or armor and splashed with a barrel of typical anime tropes.

The gameplay is standard Musou fare, using the PS controller for reference
Square: Light Attack
Triangle: Strong/Dash Attack
X: Jump or dodge
Circle: Musou attack (Super move)
L1: Fixes camera in front of you
R1: Special skill unique to each character
R2: Zooms in on the mini map
L2: Call your horse
Select Button: Switch to Secondary character

Basically you are put into a map where you fight off against hundreds of mooks, you level up as you defeat enemies and generals. Each map has a set of objectives that must be met in order to progress or complete the stage, in addition there are Defeat Conditions, such as if any of your allies die or if an enemy takes control of an area on the map, it's game over.
Not achieving objectives is generally not a game over, but it's generally better to complete them because you get bonus gold, etc. There are also Bonus Objectives, optional ones but there is a decent reward for completing them.

The combat generally has you mashing between Light and Dash attacks in the hopes of taking out as many dozen soldiers as possible and see the KO count rise and rise. For the most part each character has their own unique attack animations, however all characters who are Lvl. 1 only start with a limited set of attack combos and must be played with for a while to unlock more attack combinations.
I should point out that due to some of the bizarre weaponry given to some characters they tend to do some whacky attacks, like Kojuro firing a green laser from the shield on his arm.

The game has a few modes being Story mode, Free mode (play as any character in any of the completed story mode arcs) and Survival mode.
I've put most of my time into Story Mode, and although you can create your own character to play in the game, I didn't bother to do so since I'm generally bad at character creators.

At any rate, Story mode consists of around 10 story arcs wherein you play as various characters. There are cutscenes that play before and after you complete a stage but for whatever bizarre reason, they're 30 FPS and the graphics quality takes a bizarre drop. I prob. should've skipped these cutscenes after finishing the 5th character's story mode since they had a lot of anime tropes applied that I'm surprised I hadn't caught onto them until I finished Yoshitsugu's story mode.

Before playing a stage, you can upgrade/strengthen horses or sell horses you don't want. Horses are the fastest way to go through a stage, as walking on foot takes a longer time to reach certain destinations.
You can also upgrade or sell weapons you've earned from playing through and completing stages. Generally in the lower difficulties you get weapons that go up to Lvl. 10 or 30, but I hadn't played on the higher difficulties to see what stronger weapons looked like.
Finally you can strengthen your characters using a Sphere Grid like menu to get passive abilities (such as increase attack or defense) and active abilities. Active abilities offer bonuses such as earning extra gold or increased attack damage against enemies.

When playing in Story mode you must choose 2 characters which you can switch between using the Select button, this allows the player to have one character focus on one objective while the other can be used to complete another.

While the gameplay would've felt repetitive, I still enjoyed playing through the story mode, mainly as it gave me that beat'em-up fix I've been craving for quite some time. And for as absurd some attacks looked they were really cool and wracking up 1000+ KOs per stage was fun to achieve.

I can't comment on the music much, as it did nothing for me. It was good for what it was but nothing memorable like Sengoku Basara's character themes.

This being KOEI Tecmo their PC releases have been criticized for the substandard graphics and some performance issues on some PCs, while I can't say for certain if this applies to SW 4-2, the main character models all look good and animate really well.
The graphics options aren't that major but on my end I had to use NVidia Control Panel to get the game to run at 60 FPS with settings at max. While I do get single digit dips, nothing gamebreaking has ever occurred to me.

One major gripe I have is that for whatever absurd reason, KOEI Tecmo didn't bother to have icons switched out; basically each button or command has its own icon and the game displays this even during tutorials. You'd think they'd show 360 buttons or even keyboard keys but no you get to see an icon and figure out for yourself what it does.

Overall if you want to experience a Musou game, this or One Piece PW3 would be a good entry, both are easy to get into and pick up and their gameplay and combat is fun in short bursts. If you want to experience a completely different game, try playing on higher difficulties although this is something best perused when you have stronger weapons and are at a high level.

Note that you DON'T need to play SW4 first, IMO 4-II is simple enough to get into and play and has better strengthening options for your characters

AAK

It's showing a filsize of 3.4GB, so maybe it's a full game download on PS3 but PS Now access on PS4?

Wait... so if you buy a PS3 game digitally that also has PSNow access, you can technically still play it through PSNow?

Rymuth

How's Toukiden? Looks like a MH clone, but the aesthetics look nice.
I made an lttp if you wanna check it out. I recommend it. It's halfway between monster hunter and dynasty warriors (with flashy supers to cut off monster limbs)

Horrible prices, I can get most of these games used for sub $10 :(, I will continue waiting, I want these games digitally but I can also wait.

farisr

Wait... so if you buy a PS3 game digitally that also has PSNow access, you can technically still play it through PSNow?

I honestly don't know. But they way that's listed on the store, that's what it seems like. I haven't heard of such a thing personally, but it'd be cool if they let you play your digitally owned ps3 games, on the ps4 for free via ps now.

But seeing as it costs them to do such a thing. I'm honestly skeptical and thinking it's just a listing mistake.

The End

Toukiden is Monster Hunter with all of the bullshit stripped out, more or less. Easier crafting, less fussing around with finding monsters, etc. Way more fun if you can find other people to play with though, and I can't imagine the population is that great at this point.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Man, f only the NG games on Vita had been 60 fps. :(

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
BUY TOUKIDEN KIWAMI AND DOA5LR FOLKS

Toukiden on PS4 was one of the best suprises for me in a long while. I never played Monster Hunter, but Toukiden really scratched that itch, and there's just hundreds of hours of content. I've been playing for like 6 months and still have not gotten to Kiwami

I just bought Nobunaga's Ambition two nights ago =/

Actually I even waited until Friday to see if it went on sale at the same time as the Free Steam Weekend or whatever, but by Sunday night I figured PSN wasn't going to get anything lol oh well just -20% so 4 coffees ;p Koei can use that for the new Romance of the Three Kingdoms

Tapejara

I just bought Toukiden at retail for $50 :(.

NGS1+ is 30fps, though it's solid and responsive. It's portable NGS1 and that's good.

NGS2+ is an unstable 30fps and a port of an already kinda shit game, so.....

And, as I warn people every time this game goes on sale, the platinum for NGS2+ is unachievable because there are two trophies tied to the co-op mode that was omitted from the Vita release. If you care about trophy completion make sure to avoid it.

Apdiddy

Do not buy NGS2 Plus. The Platinum is unobtainable if not impossible -- some of the ultimate ninja sections cannot be completed.

If that doesn't bother you, go ahead and get it.

OmegaFax

Dang, I hoped Samurai Warriors 4 would have a sale on Vita.

Oh well, how is DW8XL for a first musou on Vita?

How is the Dynasty Warriors 8 Vita port?

I'd probably go for Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 over DW8XL. I mean, I have the 3DS version of SWC3 and I found it way more enjoyable overall than the Vita version of DW8XL. Likely do to the gameplay but the performance as well. Something about DW8XL felt a bit choppy and disjointed. It's been patched to address some of the performance issues from when the game launched. I guess something else worth noting is that DW8XL has a cross-play & cross-save feature.

You can transfer your saves between the PS3, PS4 and Vita versions + you can play co-op with a PS4 player. You still have to buy the other versions separately though. I played a little bit of the PS3 version and the immediate takeaway is that the game runs a lot smoother + enemies on screen are managed/populated a bit better.

You can probably get a used copy of DW8XL for $20-$30 easily (like I did) and I got rid if it shortly after. SWC3 is digital only so you have to rely on these sales to get the best price. SWC3 has a few game crashing bugs ... one that takes a little away from the post game and is a bit disappointing considering I paid full price for it and not sure they were all addressed.

Top Bottom