• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 releases June 2nd (PC/XB1/PS4, Season Pass, Eliza, more details)

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Didn't look into them, no. Most I've seen is golden showers.

Well I'm less concerned about the fans. I can't trust the developers to include customs that have a right way to be used. Many of the items they added in Tekken 7 are just random objects sitting on the character's head. A Jenga stack, a miniature SUV, a desk fan. It's like no one has any creative vision as to what the characters might actually wear, so they just throw random junk in random places.

BIGWORM

I'm grabbing this for PC. I may double dip and get the PS4 version as well. I still need to buy a PS4, first, lol.

Dammit I told myself I wasn't gonna double dip but I just might have to.

Hoping Law's Bruce Lee-esque Game of Death suit is in. That w/ the red kk aura in T6 was my bread and butta!

Edzi

The replies here have me thinking that pc gaf will keep the community somewhat alive, so I'll probably go with PC.

Khezu

Realistically I have no intention of ever playing this online, so I may as well get the PC version to support both Namco and more Japanese devs bringing games to the PC.

Skyzard

Banned
Will get it on PC too. I might even get the £60 version to not have to worry about costumes so much. No PC vs console online I take it?

Played since Tekken 2 but not an amazing player. Just really big on Yoshimitsu and he looks pretty cool in this. Is he more like 5 or 6 in this? I remember they changed him a lot and I kinda wasn't as much of a fan of him.

For Honor got me pumped for fighting games. Going to have to fish my arcade stick out of a million boxes in the garage as I moved recently though -_-

Tekken isn't as bad as SF without a stick from what I remember though.

Lumine

Are we expecting the PC community to be dead?

No. In fact it sounds like quite a few people are picking up the PC version. It won't be as big as the PS4 though, but I don't think anyone expected that. People crying that the PC version will be dead seems to come from people who want it to be because they're picking the console version. Usual fanboy nonsense.
Too bad they couldn't get crossplay in though.

No. In fact it sounds like quite a few people are picking up the PC version. It won't be as big as the PS4 though, but I don't think anyone expected that. People crying that the PC version will be dead seems to come from people who want it to be because they're picking the console version. Usual fanboy nonsense.
Too bad they couldn't get crossplay in though.

That's the reason why people are saying it's going to be DoA, there's a lot of regions that the game will be dead online because nobody plays fighting games on PC there.

Massaki

Neo Member
It's in and is well modelled.

I really hope I can make Marshall Law look like Forrest. Forrest's got a way cooler look with the blue pants & vest.

Nobody's came out with a customization video for Hwoarang or Law yet :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEU-5cLiTNc

This came out for those who want to see what the jukebox/gallery is like on PS4. I really wish you could set the menu background to the artwork that's in the gallery because some of those nice Tekken 2/Tekken 3 renders are ripe for it.

b41c90941311969170fe5a45698566db.jpg

Dat customization music for Tekken 7 is making love to the 80's we need more of this shit in Tekken. Sound producer/director I salute thee.

To me Tekken's greatest inspirations should be Kill Bill and Blood Sport.

Love me some 80's synthesizer. Do me baby, like you've never done before.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=bloodsport+soundtrack&view=detail&mid=357FDFD55708F4C51703357FDFD55708F4C51703&FORM=VIRE

Monocle

Guess I'll continue my tradition of no shirt and underwear/really short-shorts. XD

Though Jin looks huge, kinda weird since he's barely out of high school by this game right?
Jin's been on the juice since Tekken 5. It's a shame. His physique looked best in TTT.

Creaking

Tekken 7 - Jin Full Character Customization
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epBev_MLyAs

Did a count and compared with Kazuya. He's got about 24 unique items of 301 total. I didn't count Effects or Auras because those weren't unique in previous games (namely Tekken 6), so I wouldn't expect it. The unique item count includes recolors, his default costume, and his old defaults from Tekken 6 and Tag 2.

8% of his items are unique. That number goes down if we include hit sparks, auras, and strip out recolors. And this is a main character. One who had some of the most robust options in Tekken 6.

What a bummer. My guess is the weird bodies like Gigas, Kuma, and Yoshimitsu will end up with the most unique items.

PhineBuyM3

Did a count and compared with Kazuya. He's got about 24 unique items of 301 total. I didn't count Effects or Auras because those weren't unique in previous games (namely Tekken 6), so I wouldn't expect it. The unique item count includes recolors, his default costume, and his old defaults from Tekken 6 and Tag 2.

8% of his items are unique. That number goes down if we include hit sparks, auras, and strip out recolors. And this is a main character.

What a bummer. My guess is the weird bodies like Gigas, Kuma, and Yoshimitsu will end up with the most unique items.

mjlol.png
I wish. Yoshi is my main, I've been watching Japanese and Korean matches and seen most of his stuff. He has a bunch of shitty masks, head and torso of one his T6 costumes, the HO-1 outfit from T6, a fucking shark suit, sandogasa, Kagekiyo mask from T6 as well and the arrows that go on his back. The rest is generic crap from TTT2
scusthov.gif

Pachimari

Jin's been on the juice since Tekken 5. It's a shame. His physique looked best in TTT.
I feel like all the men have been on juice since forever ago. Jin looked the best in Tekken 3 and Tag. Law looked the best in Tekken 2. Even Kazuya gained muscles.

Creaking

mjlol.png
I wish. Yoshi is my main, I've been watching Japanese and Korean matches and seen most of his stuff. He has a bunch of shitty masks, head and torso of one his T6 costumes, the HO-1 outfit from T6, a fucking shark suit, sandogasa, Kagekiyo mask from T6 as well and the arrows that go on his back. The rest is generic crap from TTT2
scusthov.gif

I know, but I think it's gotta be more than 8 friggin' percent.

Maybe when I get the time I'll go into Tekken 6 and compare how many unique items Jin has there to what he's got in 7.

They've really got to reconsider the balance of quality vs quantity with these customizations. At least some of the youtube comments are starting to reflect that. Clearly we let it go too easily after Tekken Tag 2.

PhineBuyM3

I know, but I think it's gotta be more than 8 friggin' percent.

Maybe when I get the time I'll go into Tekken 6 and compare how many unique items Jin has there to what he's got in 7.

They've really got to reconsider the balance of quality vs quantity with these customizations. At least some of the youtube comments are starting to reflect that. Clearly we let it go too easily after Tekken Tag 2.

In T6, the items that are universal are the glasses, a cowboy hat, sports and knit cap, sledge hammer, naginata, hip swords, auras/ kis, and downloadable sashimonos. Everything else is unique to that character. Jin has a lot of good shit in 6
ahh4.png

People at least on Gamefaqs and Tekken Zaibatsu saw how shit customization was in Tag 2 when it was still in arcades and did nothing even after I suggested hitting up Harada's twitter to let him know it wasn't up to par with 6 before they brought it to consoles.

Creaking

In T6, the items that are universal are the glasses, a cowboy hat, sports and knit cap, sledge hammer, naginata, hip swords, auras/ kis, and downloadable sashimonos

People at least on Gamefaqs and Tekken Zaibatsu saw how shit customization was in Tag 2 when it was still in arcades and did nothing even after I suggested hitting up Harada's twitter to let him this wasn't up to par with 6 before they brought that shit to consoles.

I can at least kind of understand why customization might not have been as good in Tag 2. They pushed the game out much faster than Tekken 6, they had almost 20 more characters to manage, and they had to get 4 fighters on screen at once (and in game, ready to switch in and out), all while working with the same limited memory.

But with Tekken 7, they've been taking even longer to finish the game than Tekken 6, with fewer characters to make items for, in only 1v1 fights (only two characters need to be loaded), and on considerably more powerful hardware.

So what the hell?

aren't they going to add more items with dlc? more than 50 new ones will be in the season pass and hopefully bamco is also going to give us some for free.

Creaking

Aren't those just gold items.

Nah, the gold/metallic items are an immediate bonus for owning the season pass, but there are supposed to be new costumes in the first DLC pack.

But that's just stacking more onto a fundamentally flawed system. But I guess I don't really expect an overhaul to customization at this late stage.

Top Bottom