• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 releases June 2nd (PC/XB1/PS4, Season Pass, Eliza, more details)

Invis

Is there anything I can read up on to get a better understanding of the fundamentals of a fighting game before day 1? Really interested in picking T7 up but I've never played a fighting game except a few hours on Soul Calibur 1 on DC.

I preordered the regular edition. So no access to metallic skins? Will those be part of the season pass or available later? Not that I'd use them often, but I'd still like to know if I'll be missing out of something.

Do we have PC benchmarks yet?

Just some testing on a few cards by nvidia. TL;DR for 60fps at maximum settings:

1080 ti is recommended for 4k
1060/980 is recommended for 1440p

This is how a regular 1080 runs at 4k as of last august with no day 1 drivers (which are out now). There is a Dynamic Adjustment setting that will change settings on the fly which may help in cases like this where the framerate isn't quite a stable 60fps.

Other than that, we're going to be waiting a few days. Here are some more PC details, with screenshots of the settings menu in an album. 21:9 is supported.

Yudoken

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/tekken-7-pc-geforce-gtx-1060-1080-ti-recommended

basically 1080TI for 4k max settings 60fps

1060 for max settings 60fps at lower resolutions. It also includes dynamic settings like in Forza where graphic settings can change on the fly to maintain 60fps

They also used max settings for aa which is rediculous.
A single 1080 was also used to demonstrate the game in 4k and it looks gorgeous.

People who got their hands on any of the pc version in the last year praised it as a fantastic version.

The only real question I personally have is if there's enough settings to lower graphic fidelity the settings so in stable 60fps with very weak and outdated systems (750ti or lower).

Amazon's prices fluctuate frequently. It probably just jumped back up in price from you bought it to when your friend did.
If you have prime, it comes out to $48+tax because of the prime discount. Same with best buy gcu.
oh I see. I was thinking of cancelling the preorder on amazon so that I could just go to best buy and pick it up but since this is a good price maybe i will keep it

Doomshine

I preordered the regular edition. So no access to metallic skins? Will those be part of the season pass or available later? Not that I'd use them often, but I'd still like to know if I'll be missing out of something.

I think the metallic skins are in the deluxe edition? That's how I understand it at least.

I believe they're season pass exclusive.

This is my understanding as well.

3 DLC packs, $10 each. 1st in summer with a bunch of costumes and 1 mode, 2nd in winter with a guest character + stage + costumes for that chara, 3rd in spring with a second guest character + stage + costume.

Season pass is $25 (or comes with the deluxe) and is all of the above + metallic costumes.

So... much to my chagrin, I helped my son make a customization item for a school project. Each student had a specific animal to learn about all semester which culminates in a writing workshop project where they make a book about their animal and read it to parents in attendance. Part of the project is making a simple mask to wear during the event.

Anyway, my son has "hammerhead shark". As I start adding the finishing touches to the mask, he says "I wish we can make a whole costume".

"Funny you should say that...."

Where's Dr. B when you need him?

BIGWORM

So I'm ok to pre-order Collector's Edition on June 1 and still get Eliza day 1, right? I get paid the night before the game drops, but I might buy it on the 31st so I can preload it through Steam. =)

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
So... much to my chagrin, I helped my son make a customization item for a school project. Each student had a specific animal to learn about all semester which culminates in a writing workshop project where they make a book about their animal and read it to parents in attendance. Part of the project is making a simple mask to wear during the event.

Anyway, my son has "hammerhead shark". As I start adding the finishing touches to the mask, he says "I wish we can make a whole costume".

"Funny you should say that...."

Where's Dr. B when you need him?

What makes it worse is that Yoshi's shark outfit is the only brand new full outfit he gets in Tekken 7, besides his default costume. He has about three other unique outfits, but two are from his Tekken 6 customs, and the other is from his Tag 2 customization.

BIGWORM

I actually don't think this is the case. I feel like this has been miscommunicated. I think she's available to anyone whose able to get the day one edition.

I was confused, as well. I thought she was only available by pre-ordering Deluxe Edition, and she being available Day 1. I think if you pre-order even the standard edition, she'll be unlocked for us, right? Then at a later date (30 days?), she'll be available as a separate purchase? Deluxe Edition, what I'm aiming to get, comes with Season 1 Pass, the metal costumes, and some additional cosmetics, right?

Momentary

Banned
Wow... the STEAM Cards actually have fantastic artwork (which I'm sure are probably alt artwork portraits for the game) instead of generic in game CG models. I wonder if the backgrounds received the same treatment.

Just some testing on a few cards by nvidia. TL;DR for 60fps at maximum settings:

1080 ti is recommended for 4k
1060/980 is recommended for 1440p

This is how a regular 1080 runs at 4k as of last august with no day 1 drivers (which are out now). There is a Dynamic Adjustment setting that will change settings on the fly which may help in cases like this where the framerate isn't quite a stable 60fps.

I don't understand how you need a 1080ti for 4K if they already have it running at 4K with a 1080. The video shows it running smoothly. If there are frame rate dips, then it's not very noticeable for me.

The thing that is in the game menu that I don't see in any video so far is motion blur. I would love to see this game's implementation of the tech. They did a fantastic job with it in the previous 2 games. Hopefully it isn't SFV bad.

I was confused, as well. I thought she was only available by pre-ordering Deluxe Edition, and she being available Day 1. I think if you pre-order even the standard edition, she'll be unlocked for us, right? Then at a later date (30 days?), she'll be available as a separate purchase? Deluxe Edition, what I'm aiming to get, comes with Season 1 Pass, the metal costumes, and some additional cosmetics, right?

Bamco made this confusing but from my understanding, as long as you get the day 1 edition you'll receive her, regardless of whether or not you pre-ordered. Here's what leads me to believe this

1st on the Bamco site it says

Pre-Order now to secure the TEKKEN 7 DAY 1 Edition.
The Day 1 Edition includes:
*Eliza bonus DLC character.

https://www.bandainamcoentstore.com/product/436567/tekken-7-day-1-edition-playstation-4

This implies that pre-ordering is a way to guarantee that you'll get her not that it's the only way to get her. It also implies that all day one editions will have her.

Also on Best buy there's this image, that has no mention of preordering.

5317317cv11d.jpg;maxHeight=550;maxWidth=642

JPS Kai

Have any reviewers got their hands on this yet? I know a number of tourney players got their copies as soon as it went gold.

lupinko

What makes it worse is that Yoshi's shark outfit is the only brand new full outfit he gets in Tekken 7, besides his default costume. He has about three other unique outfits, but two are from his Tekken 6 customs, and the other is from his Tag 2 customization.

They're still making customizations for this game, it's not the end already.

How else can Bamco sell premium lotto boxes in the arcade version?

Top Bottom