• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manbig

If there's a flashback gameplay sequence for Kid Kazuya and Young Hei, I hope it plays like Tekken 1 with no sidesteps and moon jumps.

ZeroX03

Banned
Can someone post the rumored list here?

I'm not sure about these new leaks, but the early FR rumored list (that Harada/Murray said was not true) was two newcomers, Bob, Raven, Lee, Julia, Lei, Miguel, Bears, Anna and Moku. Raven struck me as the odd one out on that list but of course we ended up getting both Raven and a newcomer in one. I don't think the list is real so much as it is probably a pretty accurate guess.

Spuck-uk

Banned
So happy with the Lee reveal :)

My thoughts exactly.

TZ discord group says the next two characters have been supposedly leaked (or something like that, no idea). They say it's going to be
Julia Chang (not JayCee) and Lei Wulong
Take this with a grain of salt. I'll believe it when I see it.

Even as pure guesswork those would be my most likely picks, even if I can't stand Lei

sasuke_91

So far everyone has been part of the rumored list that they'd denied. I suspect it'll end up close to that.

Lei, Julia/Jaycee and Kuma/Panda seem likely. Maybe Anna. Mokujin if you want to count him. I would be surprised if Miguel doesn't make it too, he's the most popular character (I don't want to argue what constitutes popular again lol) yet to make it in. Well, AK and Jun but I'm not expecting them.

I think Numb would like to have a word with you.

Now people want Kid Kazuya to make it into the roster, but that guy is so tiny that highs would whiff on him...

Edit: Wait a minute... I just noticed that the trailer doesn't show his Rage Arts. Weird.
Also, does Violet have another voice actor than Lee?

Numb

I think Numb would like to have a word with you.

Now people want Kid Kazuya to make it into the roster, but that guy is so tiny that highs would whiff on him...

Edit: Wait a minute... I just noticed that the trailer doesn't show his Rage Arts. Weird.
Waiting is a skill -_-

Kid Kaz can be the new Gon

AAK

It's probably not even done yet. Who knows when he gets released, He could even be someone that's supposed to come out in 2017. It's probably super early and they had to show whatever's ready for Gamescom.

GrayFoxPL

If there's a flashback gameplay sequence for Kid Kazuya and Young Hei, I hope it plays like Tekken 1 with no sidesteps and moon jumps.

Lol, brilliant.

I think only for story mode.

I'd love to play young Kaz in main game but 20 years old, at least as a model swap.

Violet's delivery sounds little different.

They could go with english for Violet and Japanese for Lee like in the past.

Glad Lee is in. He's cool and he's my main training partners character, so I'm happy for him.

Excited for Julia. NOT excited for Lei. Get him out of here, I don't want to learn that match up.

ZeroX03

Banned
Realistically you aren't going to see a lot of Lei.

Even if you do it's unlikely they'll do much more than fn1212, basic stance mixups, db4 and ff3 anyway. Lei is rare enough, decent players using him even more so.

Numb

Glad Lee is in. He's cool and he's my main training partners character, so I'm happy for him.

Excited for Julia. NOT excited for Lei. Get him out of here, I don't want to learn that match up.
Trend of having no low stance character continues so dont worry

Rajang

It's probably not even done yet. Who knows when he gets released, He could even be someone that's supposed to come out in 2017. It's probably super early and they had to show whatever's ready for Gamescom.

Yeah, I think he will be a console release character.

GrayFoxPL

Trend of having no low stance character continues so dont worry

This since forever.

26DBdrY.jpg

Lol, cheeky bastards.

JHBYG6i.gif

FVLqi67.gif

4hqiqY4.gif

y7sB05o.gif

tojHTiF.gif

I1kY7t7.gif

crocDAa.gif

Lee's godlike.

Village

You guys so cold on poor Kazzy.

Wonder how you'll react when someone in the future says: "Damn dawg, your kid looks like a devil. Hellspawn as fuck. You got some Omen shit going on in your wife's family bro, I'm telling you!" ;)
Ill be hyped as shit

Heihachi was jealous he came on the womb looking like devilman.

ZeroX03

Banned
I like Zafina - okay I like everyone - but she's almost certainly gone. Nobody plays her and she was only ever good in 6.0.

RIP Roger
RIP Wang
RIP Ganryu

Numb

Was hoping new guys introduced in T6 would have some protection in returning in a numbered sequel
Still time so not worried

Dereck

Next year I'm planning to publish my first book, it'll be called "GAF's complaints about Tekken 7 before the game was out".

I'll let you guys know when it's close to being done, I'll let you check it out before I put it up on Amazon. It'll just be a bunch of posts copied and pasted from the last year and a half of Tekken talk.

Don't worry though for every book I sell the money will be equally distributed among the biggest complainers and the rest of the money will go to fund a petition to get Forest Law into Tekken 8.

Night_Knight

Unconfirmed Member
Wow this stage looks gorgeous! Reminds me of the Statue and Mall stage from T4 but with much more elegance.

Code:
[IMG]http://static1.1.sqspcdn.com/static/f/721581/27196989/1471425483210/T7_story_claudio_stage3_1471338120.jpg?token=hmvOolDO1YofjnWyrwkOtMHMHek%3D[/IMG]

Code:
[IMG]http://static1.1.sqspcdn.com/static/f/721581/27196978/1471424698580/GamesCom_Story01_1471338116.jpg?token=hmvOolDO1YofjnWyrwkOtMHMHek%3D[/IMG]
I see a cliff in the background...

Sayah

Any word on when A Pimp Named Lee will be added to the arcade build?

Also, why isn't Violet speaking English?

No word yet.

Next year I'm planning to publish my first book, it'll be called "GAF's complaints about Tekken 7 before the game was out".

I'll let you guys know when it's close to being done, I'll let you check it out before I put it up on Amazon. It'll just be a bunch of posts copied and pasted from the last year and a half of Tekken talk.

Don't worry though for every book I sell the money will be equally distributed among the biggest complainers and the rest of the money will go to fund a petition to get Forest Law into Tekken 8.

All the complaining was worth it in the end. They addressed a lot of the complaints.

Sayah

:D

excellent

Can you make the following suggestions to the devs. The two best looking stages from Vanilla are now the two worst looking stages in FR. Whhhhhy did they add the piss filter into Jungle Outpost, I really don't understand. All the color and greenery is gone. And losing the sunny-ness in the Souq stage is also not cool. See examples below.

untitled23390.png

Untitled2bb15f.png

Untitled4c3432.png

Untitled3.png

cordy

Banned
Lee's Story Bio

Lee Chaolan was adopted by Heihachi Mishima, meant to be a rival to his son Kazuya. As Kazuya’s adopted brother, Lee was given the same education and upbringing fitting of the Mishima clan. After being expelled from the Mishima Zaibatsu for reasons unknown, Lee founded Violet Systems, a tech company specializing in development on humanoid robotics, and was quite successful.

Shortly after, the world became embroiled in conflict between the Mishima Zaibatsu, headed by Heihachi Mishima, and the G Corporation, secretly controlled by Kazuya Mishima. As most of the world was cautiously watching and trying to decide which side would be most beneficial to support, Lee had his own plans, as he had nothing but extreme hatred for both Heihachi and Kazuya. One method he choose to exact his revenge on the father and son was to covertly support Lars Alexandersson, who had turned on the Mishima Zaibatsu, but this was only the beginning of what he had in store for the Mishimas.

Are there any other known Story Bios out there for T7? I can't recall any.

Doomshine

Lee's Story Bio

Are there any other known Story Bios out there for T7? I can't recall any.

Claudio's.

The Archers of Sirius are a group of exorcists who have been banishing supernatural entities from this world since ancient times. A highly secretive organization, its existence is unknown to the public. Although it is not known how their existence was revealed, the Archers of Sirius were suddenly approached by the Mishima Zaibatsu. They were heavy-handedly requested by the Mishima Zaibatsu to join their conglomerate, but naturally refused. This did not stop the persistent pressure from Mishima Zaibatsu, however.

Eventually, the news of this approach from the Mishima Zaibatsu reached the de facto leader of the Archers of Sirius, Claudio Serafino. Determined to uncover the motives behind the Mishima Zaibatsu’s actions, Claudio begins to investigate the powerful conglomerate.

cordy

Banned
Yeah I figured, couldn't find any other bios either so maybe they'll start showing us some.

Claudio's bio is dope though. He's far more different than I expected. I thought he'd be evil but it seems he's a good guy.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Can you make the following suggestions to the devs. The two best looking stages from Vanilla are now the two worst looking stages in FR. Whhhhhy did they add the piss filter into Jungle Outpost, I really don't understand. All the color and greenery is gone. And losing the sunny-ness in the Souq stage is also not cool. See examples below.

untitled23390.png

Untitled2bb15f.png

Untitled4c3432.png

Untitled3.png

I still think the best way to go about it is to have two variations of the same stage, both selectable. Variety is the spicy meatball as they say.

Sayah

I still think the best way to go about it is to have two variations of the same stage, both selectable. Variety is the spicy meatball as they say.

I would be fine if the FR version of Souq was a nightime or cloudy second version, but I absolutely do not like the jungle stage in FR. It looks really bad and I wouldn't even want it as a second option unless they overhaul it somehow.

Numb

untitled23390.png

Untitled2bb15f.png

Untitled4c3432.png

Untitled3.png
Taking place at sunset it looks like
Claudio's.
Claudio is running the organisation and not just a member
Pretty cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom