• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

AAK

Spuck-uk

Banned
No they aren't. From the "Get ready for the next battle" to the character intros, it's about 20 seconds. SFV clocks in around 20 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-Shr3ogCM0

Playing SFV online makes it go up an additional 5 seconds, IIRC.

Both need to correct themselves to 15 seconds, but saying the loading is much better than SFV certainly ain't true.

Edit: to their credit, that shit was sitting at 30 plus seconds per match, so it's not like they aren't optimizing. 20 seconds isn't that long either. But it's certainly not blazing fast unless the build I posted is wrong.

Dont know what to tell you. I played them side by side, Tekken 7 definitely loads faster on the build we were on.

Dont know what to tell you. I played them side by side, Tekken 7 definitely loads faster on the build we were on.

A whole host of reasons might be why you didn't calculate it right. Maybe the systems were running with the servers on for SFV. Maybe you didn't time it correctly. Maybe you have inherent bias and it didn't feel nearly as long. Maybe the SSD/HDDs for the PS4 were butt.

But, like I said, unless the build you played on is newer than the videos uploaded today showing off new stages, they are both around 20 seconds.

In other news:

https://twitter.com/flying_wonkey/status/856092556840411136

I don't give a fuck about people boosting Ranks. Being able to choose is super cool.

Pompadour

A whole host of reasons might be why you didn't calculate it right. Maybe the systems were running with the servers on for SFV. Maybe you didn't time it correctly. Maybe you have inherent bias and it didn't feel nearly as long. Maybe the SSD/HDDs for the PS4 were butt.

But, like I said, unless the build you played on is newer than the videos uploaded today showing off new stages, they are both around 20 seconds.

In other news:

https://twitter.com/flying_wonkey/status/856092556840411136

I don't give a fuck about people boosting Ranks. Being able to choose is super cool.

Boosting would be less of an issue if Ranked got reset after a "season" and they had placement matches so good players can skip the grind.

Regardless, being able to find good matches is always a priority over boosting.

Doomshine

I never liked the idea of being able to intentionally avoid opponents, but this new system will also make it easier to deathmatch. So in the end, it's fine, pros and cons to both systems.

Two Words

Yeah, now let's imagine how bad Tekken 7's load times would be on a system like PS3. Dead or Alive 5 manages to cache 32 characters, each with 10-50 costumes, around 20 stages (majority multi-tiered) all on a system with just 26 Gigabytes/second of memory bandwidth. If you play survival mode, the entire cast will be stored in memory and enters the battle seamlessly. If you decided to choose random select for both the stages & costume @ the character select screen the game will always choose a different stage/outfit every time you hit rematch almost instantly.

Now Tekken 7 has to load 2 characters, 1 stage, and 2 outfits and loads 5x slower than DOA5 on PS3. With the amount of time it takes Tekken 7 just to load the VS screen w/ portraits DOA5 has already begun the match. I'm sorry I don't buy the excuse that 2 characters + 1 stage + 2 outfits on a system with 176 Gbps memory bandwidth should take exponentially longer to load than 32 characters + ~20 stages + 100's of costumes on a system with 26 Gbps bandwidth. Those textures on those 2 characters can't collectively be so much larger than the entire cast of DOA5.

Sure, maybe Team Ninja have the most talented software developers/engineers among the FG industry and that would be a fair argument. But the discrepancy is so large and Tekken's budget is so much bigger that it's also very fair to expect better from Namco.
Wait, why are you equating RAM speeds when the limiting factor is hard disk speeds?

Dereck

zBIuP4b.png

sasuke_91

Yet more reasons to pay no attention to online ranks I guess.

Stick to lobbies and avoid rankers

I don't understand this sentiment. Booster don't affect you in any way. Boosters are also ranked higher than their actual rank, so it's basically better for you if you encounter one.

Your chances of playing a booster are extremely low. And who cares?

A booster would be an easy win. And yeah, nobody cares about boosters.

Doomshine

Now that Marvel's release date is announced, I bet Namco would've loved to make that early 2017 date. They're sandwiched between two big fg releases now.

AllenShrz

Now that Marvel's release date is announced, I bet Namco would've loved to make that early 2017 date. They're sandwiched between two big fg releases now.

Well... it was fun while it lasted...

it's a time tekken to be good a fan, or something like that I forgot.

Well... it was fun while it lasted...

it's a time tekken to be good a fan, or something like that I forgot.

Umm by the time Marvel comes out it'll be post evo. Any hype ANY FG would have will be pretty much tempered. Tekken, Injustice, etc. would have made their money and their communities arent mixed. There's more concern about the GG, T7 and Injustice 2 cannibalizing each other and even then I don't think it'll be that big of a deal.

HeelPower

Yeah, I am worried about the release date.Its just a bad timing.

But then they had so much down time to release the game and they put themselves in this corner.

I hope the game does better than TTT2 ,but I have a bad feeling about it.Injustice poses a great risk.

Spuck-uk

Banned

OTOH Having seen the trailers, and especially against MvC:I, Tekken comes out looking really, really nice.

Nuszka

GGs Nuszka. Was fun! I'm so rusty it's ridiculous. Though you can't outbaek me, lol.

Hope we play more!

It's so much fun. The games load so quickly as well and the connection is good. Btw could not find t6 in any local stores. But will play any tekken as long as I can practice on my movement.

Hyun Sai

I don't see the problem with Marvel release date. It's September, right ? I thought it was just days or weeks away judging by the reactions in this thread.

Z

ZelbZelb

Unconfirmed Member
Customization looks like it'll be the same as it was in TTT2
hhh4.png

We'll we know there's going to be a decent selection of items this time. Remember when TTT2 had a makeup section, but it was inaccessible because there wasn't any in the game?
We'll at least have facial hair options, makeup, and there will be less parts we can't color.

Glad to see the detailed color selection is back. I was worried we'd go back to color swatches again.

The UI is better, at least.

Still, it looks like we're back to upper body and lower body, which is very disappointing.

Here's hoping we get decals back.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Customization looks like it'll be the same as it was in TTT2
hhh4.png

I do hate the school of "stick some random object on the character's head and call it a day" design that pervaded through TTT2, and seems to be doing the same in T7.

And yeah, the upper & lower simplicity is disappointing. VF5 and Tekken 6 are still the greats.

GrayFoxPL

New scans out.

Devil Kazumi might be playable.
Customization looks off the chain.
Hype as fuck for story mode.

I see Kazuya in his karate pants in a mode that seems it isn't story. A OK.

I'd wish we'd get bigger balance update for T7 console launch. Something that will feel fresh to the arcade where players "ate" through the game already. Different move priorities, new combo possibilities, maybe even one new move per character shouldn't be too much to ask.

But better not hope for anything.

One thing I'd love if there was classic Raven in his p2 outfit. Something like a model swap a'la Christie/Eddy in T5/T6. I miss him, sorry Mistress Raven, your electronic fetish does nothing for me.

TvYZXtm.png
NIi2MmS.png

Damn.

If the arcade is anything to go by, compared to TTT2 it seems to allow for more different colours per equipped item and there's stuff like metallic colours and such.

Both those things are nice at least.

One thing I'd love if there was classic Raven in his p2 outfit. Something like a model swap a'la Christie/Eddy in T5/T6. I miss him, sorry Mistress Raven, your electronic fetish does nothing for me.

I hope Master Raven gets a classic kunoichi outfit, either like that one or perhaps one like Taki/Kunimitsu.

PhineBuyM3

I do hate the school of "stick some random object on the character's head and call it a day" design that pervaded through TTT2, and seems to be doing the same in T7.

And yeah, the upper & lower simplicity is disappointing. VF5 and Tekken 6 are still the greats.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind the simplicity if they didn't axe the unique customs and butchered the ones they did bring back like Feng's chinese armor or Bob's power ranger suit. Yoshi went having some of the dopest costumes in the series to wearing pajamas, chocolate cakes, karate gis and shit
dahell2.png

I read that the Japanese stuff can't be distributed to the West, so the NJPW costume probably won't be in for us.

Also, they need announce to lei, I gotta channel the spirit of Tetsuo in this game.

cordy

Banned
I see Kazuya in his karate pants in a mode that seems it isn't story. A OK.

I'd wish we'd get bigger balance update for T7 console launch. Something that will feel fresh to the arcade where players "ate" through the game already. Different move priorities, new combo possibilities, maybe even one new move per character shouldn't be too much to ask.

But better not hope for anything.

TvYZXtm.png
NIi2MmS.png

Damn.

I want as many classic costumes as possible.

Numb

Honestly, I wouldn't mind the simplicity if they didn't axe the unique customs and butchered the ones they did bring back like Feng's chinese armor or Bob's power ranger suit. Yoshi went having some of the dopest costumes in the series to wearing pajamas, chocolate cakes, karate gis and shit
dahell2.png

I read that the Japanese stuff can't be distributed to the West, so the NJPW costume probably won't be in for us.

Also, they need announce to lei, I gotta channel the spirit of Tetsuo in this game.

smh
It isn't like the outfit is just for show it actually gives him different super

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Jack's evolution is really disappointing. Can't believe they're sticking with green lines and red hair as his new look. At least he's got some of the better customizations.

Top Bottom