• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Telltale making a Jurassic Park episodic game!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillyFive

watkinzez said:
Psst, guys... I hear Michael Giacchino's free of any TV show commitments right about now. Just sayin'.

But will he go back to us lowly gamers, now that he is out there scoring hollywood epics?

Peru said:
What? Dinosaur game?

I hope hope hope hope the dinosaurs will be dinosaurs and not fantasy inventions.

There's a good joke to be made here somewhere.

Tigel

Well that came out of nowhere.
Day one for sure!!

Dear Telltale: Giacchino to score that game. DO IT!
Edit: Or John Williams!
What? A man can dream...

Peru said:
What? Dinosaur game?

I hope hope hope hope the dinosaurs will be dinosaurs and not fantasy inventions.
Now eventually you might have dinosaurs in your, in your dinosaur game, right? Hello?

Diamond

beelzebozo said:
our skilled telltale game designers find rich deposits of adventure games encased in fossilized amber. using special tools they extract that game genre, distill it in petri dishes, and bingo. . . point and click dna!

God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates Man. Man creates adventure games. Man destroys adventure games. Man destroys god. Man creates adventure games with dinosaurs.

Thagomizer said:
Utahraptor says hello.

2zollqt.jpg

commissar

Oh man I hope this is the bi-monthly kind of episodic.
An extra level of polish could make it genuinely tense.

Either way it'll be a day one purchase for me :)

Not sure if want. I'm not too keen on point and click games. I like Layton because the puzzles.

And Deinonychus are not as big as you'd think. A lot of book over exaggerate the size of this dinosaur. The say man size, but they probably mean a pygmy, cause they aren't that big. Luckily for them, Mongolia has the perfect excuse to hide their mistake with Achillobator. Now that's a man size Dromaeosaur. The original novel even said they were Velociraptor mongolensis. A quick "oops, it's actually Achillobator" would easily dodge the problem. I doubt anyone would though.

zipnco.png

Velociraptor mongoliensis

Dromaeosaurus-scale.png

Dromaeosaurus albertensis

Deinonychus-scale.png

Deinonychus antirrhopus

2rzrvpe.png

Achillobator giganticus

Utahraptor_scale.png

Utahraptor ostrommayorum

I wanted to find a Pyroraptor scale comparison, but there don't appear to be any.

Or ones for LI'L CUTIES like Bambiraptor or Atrociraptor <3.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
watkinzez said:
Psst, guys... I hear Michael Giacchino's free of any TV show commitments right about now. Just sayin'.

He still does the music for Fringe...

LQX

I remember there was one for the Sega CD. I wanted that thing so fucking bad but could not afford a Sega CD. For years I have thought about getting a Sega CD for that and a few other cinematic games. I hope it turns out well and doesn't use cartoony graphics.

RagnarokX

EmCeeGramr said:
I wanted to find a Pyroraptor scale comparison, but there don't appear to be any.

Or ones for LI'L CUTIES like Bambiraptor or Atrociraptor <3.
And Dilophosaurus didn't spit poison or have a frilled neck, and pachycephalosaurus probably didn't ram things head on.

Also, magic cliffs do not appear out of nowhere behind T-Rex fences to create a dramatic scene :p

Haunted

Honestly, though, I have to hear what kind of tone/approach they're taking with this before I actually get excited.

Telltale's adventures have been hit or miss for me.

Cow Mengde said:
There's also Austroraptor from Australia.

austro_head_2.jpg
I think I've beaten that one in Monster Hunter.

vareon

Last year Telltale pre-empetively won E3 with their Tales of Monkey Island announcement. This year, this. Telltale <3 :D

Ceebs

I guess this means more Monkey Island is not next up after Sam & Max. I would honestly take more Guybrush over an adventure game with Raptors. (as cool as that sounds)

bandresen said:
Given that we're in 2010 and knowledge about Dinosaurs has advanced substantially, do you think they will have feather-technology in this game?

I WANT TO BELIEVE!

This and other recent learnings is why I'd love a JP movie remake that stayed true to the book as well.

sillymonkey321 said:
I was looking through my Game Informer issue with Infamous 2 on the cover and ahhhhhhhhhh Telltale is making an episodic Jurassic Park game across " multiple platforms" They just say it's going to be a cinematic adventure and the first installment is supposed to hit at the end of the year.

EXCITED!!!!!!!

1ran0p.gif

Gameboy415

Wow. Seriously crazy timing....I was JUST looking up Jurassic Park games (for Genesis) on eBay before coming to GAF!

Here's hoping the new stuff rocks!

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
sillymonkey321 said:
I was looking through my Game Informer issue with Infamous 2 on the cover and ahhhhhhhhhh Telltale is making an episodic Jurassic Park game across " multiple platforms" They just say it's going to be a cinematic adventure and the first installment is supposed to hit at the end of the year.

EXCITED!!!!!!!
How I feel right now:
207xs3p.gif

Jurassic Park!? Really? Some year called and they want their old franchise back.

Telltale is so talented. Why can't they get the confidence to come up with their own IP? Get some balls, guys. C'mon now.

It's Telltale so day one. Every time I question them I learn not to question them.

I love them so.

So this will theoretically be after Puzzle Agent which means it might be a while before we see it, right?

EDIT: That said, I have no idea how this will work.

Buttonbasher said:
It's Telltale so day one. Every time I question them I learn not to question them.

I love them so.

So this will theoretically be after Puzzle Agent which means it might be a while before we see it, right?

EDIT: That said, I have no idea how this will work.

Puzzle Agent comes out this month, so yeah obviously later. And this will certainly not be until Sam & Max is done for the season.

Wouldn't expect it to start until like October at the absolute earliest. Probably later than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom