• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Telltale making a Jurassic Park episodic game!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
EmCeeGramr said:
http://i48.tinypic.com/zipnco.png
Velociraptor mongoliensis

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/dd/Dromaeosaurus-scale.png
Dromaeosaurus albertensis

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/82/Deinonychus-scale.png
Deinonychus antirrhopus

http://i49.tinypic.com/2rzrvpe.png
Achillobator giganticus

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4a/Utahraptor_scale.png
Utahraptor ostrommayorum

I wanted to find a Pyroraptor scale comparison, but there don't appear to be any.

Or ones for LI'L CUTIES like Bambiraptor or Atrociraptor <3.

Whoa, wait. Birds? Those raptors were like birds? Giant killer chickens? Yeah right. What's next? They didn't shoot laser beams? :lol

NewLib

Banned
Mr. B Natural said:
Jurassic Park!? Really? Some year called and they want their old franchise back.

Telltale is so talented. Why can't they get the confidence to come up with their own IP? Get some balls, guys. C'mon now.

Because Monkey Island showed how much more money than can make with other people's IPs. Also I would argue that Sam & Max is almost technically their own IP since Purcell and many of the people who made the original game are involved with the new ones.

Instro

Hell yeah, go go Dino Gaf.

Cow Mengde said:
This sucker also has strangely short arms like T.Rex.

01-28-08.jpg

brotkasten said:
Whoa, wait. Birds? Those raptors were like birds? Giant killer chickens? Yeah right. What's next? They didn't shoot laser beams? :lol

Try to imagine yourself in the Cretaceous Period. You get your first look at this "six foot turkey" as you enter a clearing. He moves like a bird, lightly, bobbing his head. And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex – he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Velociraptor. You stare at him, and he just stares right back. And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, but from the side, from the other two raptors you didn't even know were there. Because Velociraptor's a pack hunter, you see, he uses coordinated attack patterns and he is out in force today. And he slashes at you with this – a six-inch retractable claw, like a razor, on the middle toe. He doesn't bother to bite your jugular like a lion, oh no... he slashes at you here, or here... or maybe across the belly, spilling your intestines. The point is... you are alive when they start to eat you.

So you know... try to show a little respect.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Diamond_4444 said:
God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates Man. Man creates adventure games. Man destroys adventure games. Man destroys god. Man creates adventure games with dinosaurs.

:lol Very nice.

Clearly the JP love will never die. Come on Steven, give us JP4, a great one, so that the end of the series doesn't go out with god damn Jurassic Park 3.

EmCeeGramr said:
Try to imagine yourself in the Cretaceous Period. You get your first look at this "six foot turkey" as you enter a clearing. He moves like a bird, lightly, bobbing his head. And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex – he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Velociraptor. You stare at him, and he just stares right back. And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, but from the side, from the other two raptors you didn't even know were there. Because Velociraptor's a pack hunter, you see, he uses coordinated attack patterns and he is out in force today. And he slashes at you with this – a six-inch retractable claw, like a razor, on the middle toe. He doesn't bother to bite your jugular like a lion, oh no... he slashes at you here, or here... or maybe across the belly, spilling your intestines. The point is... you are alive when they start to eat you.

So you know... try to show a little respect.

Grant: Billy, can you tell me what that was?

Billy: Suchomimus.

Grant: No, think bigger.

Billy: Baryonyx.

*Grant slaps Billy across the face*

Grant: Billy, are you retarded, or do you not know what bigger means?

Billy: B-but Dr. Grant I-I-thought.

Grant: Have you been busy jerking off during class, you were your dropped on your head when you were a kid. You said Suchomimus, and I said bigger, you gave me Baryonyx. How the fuck do you come up with a 30 foot animal being bigger than a 40 foot animal? Great, just great. I'm in the worse place possible on earth, and I'm stuck with you.

I love how Billy gets chased in the opposite direction by the pteranodons, yet when they get to the beach and the military first arrives, Billy is already being treated in a medical bunker on one of the boats

god I hate that fucking movie.

I am going to be incredibly disappointed if this doesn't include a joke about stealing Jeff Goldblum's shoes

You hear me, Jake? One joke, that's all I'm asking, and you have my money. A single, throwaway joke.

I will buy this when it comes out, I don't even really play point-and-click, I don't care.

Jurassic Park is like one of my most fav things ever.

Mar

I'm hoping for a bonus mini game where you play as Samuel Jackson, where the goal is to back into your own severed arm prop which then proceeds to hand you your own butt.

commissar

sillymonkey321 said:
Telltale is making an episodic Jurassic Park game across " multiple platforms" They just say it's going to be a cinematic adventure and the first installment is supposed to hit at the end of the year.

Rumour Jan 28 2010 said:
RUMOUR RUMOUR RUMOUR
Universal StudiosThe Netherlands branch of Universal Studios Home Entertainment has listed Steven Spielberg's 'Jurassic Park' and 'The Lost World: Jurassic Park' as coming soon to Blu-ray, with a release date of November 4. 'Jurassic Park III' was not mentioned. No other release details or special features are known at this early stage.
(http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=4092)

Could it be timed with the Blu-Ray release? : D : D : D

Seems mighty coincidental : D

Snaku

Banned
Holy shit, day fucking one.

Hopefully this means the rumor about Universal releasing JP on Blu-ray later this year is true.

Drakken

Very cool news. It seems like Telltale is doing an awful lot these days. It's great, don't get me wrong, but... just how big is their studio? In terms of # of employees, I mean.

Drakken said:
Very cool news. It seems like Telltale is doing an awful lot these days. It's great, don't get me wrong, but... just how big is their studio? In terms of # of employees, I mean.
Last I heard around 70-75

Tigel

Drakken said:
~70 people according to their website.

Edit: Beaten :p

Cow Mengde said:
Grant: Billy, can you tell me what that was?

Billy: Suchomimus.

Grant: No, think bigger.

Billy: Baryonyx.

*Grant slaps Billy across the face*

Grant: Billy, are you retarded, or do you not know what bigger means?

Billy: B-but Dr. Grant I-I-thought.

Grant: Have you been busy jerking off during class, you were your dropped on your head when you were a kid. You said Suchomimus, and I said bigger, you gave me Baryonyx. How the fuck do you come up with a 30 foot animal being bigger than a 40 foot animal? Great, just great. I'm in the worse place possible on earth, and I'm stuck with you.

Billy: At least I don't come up with dumbshit theories like tyrannosaurs having movement-based vision. "It can't see us if we don't move!" Wow, that would be a great adaptation for a 7-ton predator hunting grazing herbivores, or scavenging carrion if you buy into that route.

Jesus, next you'll start up again about how a fucking reptile was more intelligent than social mammals like cetaceans or primates. Seriously? "Smarter than apes?" WE'RE apes, Grant, and yet other species of bird are not smarter than us and our relatives! Like, corvids are pretty smart for birds, but come the fuck on, a dromaeosaurid would not have been close to the intelligence of a similarly-sized mammalian carnivore, simply due to brain size and energy costs.

Christ.

Grant: Well, you fucking stole the raptor eggs.

Billy: Okay, my bad on that. (but seriously fuck you and that fucking "vocalization whistle" shit what the christ)

Drakken said:

All they're doing that we're aware of is Sam & Max (season is about half over), Puzzle Agent (probably about done and is a tiny sideproject), and then this.

Adam J.

Maybe we get to play as the guy that goes to the island to retrieve Nedry's Barbasol.

"You think that kind of automation is easy? Or cheap? You know anybody who can network eight Connection Machines and de-bug two million lines of code for what I bid this job? Because I'd sure as hell like to see them try!"

FoneBone

I can't really see how you'd do a JP game without action elements, and much as I love Telltale, I'm not too sure I want them to attempt those. But I'll be optimistic.

IrishNinja

having beaten & dug the Sega-CD one (that was kinda point-and-click?) in the day, this can, almost by definition, only be better than that. cant wait.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
I can totally see this being on Natal...

You're home alone, playing the game, you encounter a T-rex, you must remain completely still for 30 minutes. 2 minutes in, you need to pee and the controller is out of reach... what do you do?

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Pylon_Trooper said:
On Unix systems? WE KNOW THIS!

For the record, as a lot of people seem to find this part of the film technically inaccurate, this is UNIX - it's the FSN file system navigator running on SGI IRIX 4.0.5.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Jacobi said:
That doesn't sound good.... Why an adventure, for chaos' sakes?

. . . why not? the movie is as much about solving puzzles and trying to survive a bad situation as it is blasting shit. i hope this isn't one of those "this should be a shooter" posts. i'm superfly tnt when i read that shit.

Sloane

Banned
WANT! I even liked the kinda shitty top-down Jurassic Park game back in whenever it was. Was it even an official Jurassic Park game? Whatever. Goldblum, please!

Peru

We're headin' BACK to the park. Time to grab my park ranger access card..

prop-badges00.jpg

(bought this when I was far too old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom