• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennessee Cop That Got Train Ran On win $500,000 settlement

Napoleon Dynamite GIF by Ben L

Mistake

I think most of the men were her superiors. I bet the city thinks they got off cheaply compared to if this had gone to trial. She was willing, but also there was abuse of power.
I get that two wrongs don't make a right, but she's still the one getting rewarded. Plus they're all adults, so I'm not buying it

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
If she was willing, there was no abuse of power. She is a whore, plain and simple.

While she was whoring herself, I do not think that a jury would side with the city in this. They would paint her as a victim and say things like, "she felt like she had no choice", "She didn't want to lose her job". I think the City probably saved some money.

Mistake

Would you say the same if she was a student in school?
That's a false equivalence. They were all employed by the same institution. Maybe there was a difference in rank, but did all six officers have the power to fire her? I doubt it. And if getting fired was her concern, why didn't she talk with her husband before engaging in such acts and sue the city? The other officers don't have charges on them, this was all consensual.

So which is more likely here?
A: The entire department engaged in a conspiracy
B: She's a whore

Last edited:

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
That's a false equivalence. They were all employed by the same institution. Maybe there was a difference in rank, but did all six officers have the power to fire her? I doubt it. And if getting fired was her concern, why didn't she talk with her husband before engaging in such acts and sue the city? The other officers don't have charges on them, this was all consensual.

So which is more likely here?
A: The entire department engaged in a conspiracy
B: She's a whore
Her being a whore is not in question. But the fact that you consider that the two situations are not the same is telling. Students can't be whores too?

Mistake

Her being a whore is not in question. But the fact that you consider that the two situations are not the same is telling. Students can't be whores too?
A professor and student relationship is not the same as an officer and whatever "position" her six coworkers were in. The power dynamic is completely different. She was also 26 and married. Your argument tries to detract from her accountability, when actually every person is guilty from fucking around at work.

Last edited:

natjjohn

Familiar with the memes, but not the story. Why was she fired and nobody else? The video didn’t make it clear.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
A professor and student relationship is not the same as an officer and whatever "position" her six coworkers were. The power dynamic is completely different. She was also 26 and married. Your argument tries to detract from her accountability, when actually every person is guilty from fucking around at work.
That's why I never talked about who she is doing it with. Only that if she was a student it would be seen differently. My argument is not about her, but about our vision of the situation and how it can change. Let's try it another way. If she was a teacher, or a soldier, or a firewoman. Would your opinion change? Some or all of those jobs have rules about relashionships at work. For good reasons. I laughted when I learned about it, and put laugh emoji when we got good memes in the memes thread. But if her superior did not do his job and let the situation develop, then she had good reasons to complain. Even if she was the first to be blamed in this.

Mistake

That's why I never talked about who she is doing it with. Only that if she was a student it would be seen differently. My argument is not about her, but about our vision of the situation and how it can change. Let's try it another way. If she was a teacher, or a soldier, or a firewoman. Would your opinion change? Some or all of those jobs have rules about relashionships at work. For good reasons. I laughted when I learned about it, and put laugh emoji when we got good memes in the memes thread. But if her superior did not do his job and let the situation develop, then she had good reasons to complain. Even if she was the first to be blamed in this.
I don't feel the need for comparisons as everyone involved were full adults. The student teacher thing is a bit different because a teacher can pass or fail you, but also they're responsible for shaping how people think. I hope this answers your question.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
I don't feel the need for comparisons as everyone involved were full adults. The student teacher thing is a bit different because a teacher can pass or fail you, but also they're responsible for shaping how people think. I hope this answers your question.
Not really, but I get your point.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Same thing happen to a girl I was working with in the CDN forces she cash out a cool 400k for sexual harassment….

Top Bottom