• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA News, Information, & Beta Thread

Thank god for the chat moderation. I hope the idiots saying ridiculous shit don't see the patch notes and find out the hard way.

Also, later in the notes it says they replaced some of the textures. Just bad wording?

Okay, basic layout and general concept for Tera-GAF guild website is in progress. Feel free to comment on what I've done so far.

http://tera-gaf.enjin.com

I'll make a smaller header image sometime soon. The forum prototype is now up and running, go ahead test it out with posts. I'm pretty sure I have implemented post permissions correctly, everyone should be able to make forum and news posts. I added a recruitment form (LOL) but registration is open to everyone, go ahead and sign up for an Enjin account and then join Tera-GAF.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
What is that exactly?
From Nalfen

Warrior future patch news :
Korean Patch 3.0 The Argon queen part 1 will bring 2 MAJOR changes to the Warrior:

First they are adding a WoW like rogue combo system on some warrior skills; From what i have learned it has 10 combo points and the following skills generate combo points: Death from Above, Rain of Blows, Rising Fury, Poison Blade and Charging Slash

You can spend your combo points in 2 ways; Battle Cry for a longer stun/more threat or Whirlwind Slash(new 60 skill) for AoE damage.

We will also gain a new lvl 60 skill; Whirlwind Slash: This is an AoE attack that deals light to heavy damage based on combo points.

Warrior tanking is not being revised at the moment but it will in part 2 of the patch ( due sometime later this year). They will bring changes to Warrior tanking and Lancer tanking. From the info given; they will add more ways to protect the party and more synergy with the party.

Parfait

This is going to be the third time i try patching this dumb client and if i get another 'Source File Was Corrupt' i'll scream and throw my computer out of every window possible.

Time to try from an ultra-fresh reinstall. God. Damnit.

Orgun

I've really been enjoying the combat in this but other than that I don't think this is for me. :(

Wish SWTOR had this combat other than standard mmo style combat.

This is going to be the third time i try patching this dumb client and if i get another 'Source File Was Corrupt' i'll scream and throw my computer out of every window possible.

Time to try from an ultra-fresh reinstall. God. Damnit.

Remove the un-censor patches. They were causing my patches to fail with 'Source File Was Corrupt' until I reverted them.

Ultimadrago

Yeah, just noticed that last night after my patch finished.
But I didn't think it would download from scratch after I restored the O.G. folder. Hopefully, it's just overwriting the patch files and not doing anything crrrrazy.

Slacker

I know we don't have much info to go on yet, but what little information we do have on the PvP system is confusing my tiny brain. From here:

PK is short for “Player Kill,” and works exactly like it sounds. At level 11 (on PvP servers only) you obtain a skill that lets you declare yourself an “outlaw.” You can then try to kill any player above level 11. However, when you are an outlaw, any player can try to kill you as well.

There's a contradiction there that's confusing me. If I declare myself an outlaw, I can then attempt to kill any player, but any player can try to kill me as well. This makes it sound like if I don't declare outlaw, players will not be able to attempt to kill me. Which would mean that an outlaw can't truly kill any[/b] player, but only other outlaws. Any thoughts?

Izayoi

Banned
I know we don't have much info to go on yet, but what little information we do have on the PvP system is confusing my tiny brain. From here:

PK is short for “Player Kill,” and works exactly like it sounds. At level 11 (on PvP servers only) you obtain a skill that lets you declare yourself an “outlaw.” You can then try to kill any player above level 11. However, when you are an outlaw, any player can try to kill you as well.

There's a contradiction there that's confusing me. If I declare myself an outlaw, I can then attempt to kill any player, but any player can try to kill me as well. This makes it sound like if I don't declare outlaw, players will not be able to attempt to kill me. Which would mean that an outlaw can't truly kill any[/b] player, but only other outlaws. Any thoughts?

It's pretty straightforward. You mark yourself an Outlaw, you can kill anyone, and anyone (even those not marked Outlaw) can kill you. You're basically forcing a PvP flag on yourself.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Non-outlaws can attack outlaws but are safe from other non-outlaws. Outlaws can be attacked by anyone and attack anyone.

Okay guys, sorry for spamming it over and over, but I've got the first preliminary early alpha test version of the guild site up and running. Register and join or whatever, and rake me over the coals for all the obvious stuff I missed which I should have put in the site or as a sub-forum! I'm going to bed now, so feel free to criticize me harshly while I'm sleeping and unable to respond! :3

http://tera-gaf.enjin.com/

Slacker

Oooohhhh, ok I think the light bulb is coming on. The PvP outlaw thing is in place to keep people from accidentally killing each other during PvE. I guess the system makes sense in a world with no factions.

Xiaoki

When you're an Outlaw and you kill someone you get loot from them. You dont get anything they had on them, its just gold and loot as if you has killed a monster.

But it comes with a major debuff, which makes being an Outlaw completely idiotic.

You lose Outlaw points every 5 minutes and for killing mobs.

Slacker

When you're an Outlaw and you kill someone you get loot from them. You dont get anything they had on them, its just gold and loot as if you has killed a monster.

But it comes with a major debuff, which makes being an Outlaw completely idiotic.

The NA version doesn't have the debuff as far as I know, at least not initially.

Muddimar

Not trying to derail the outlaw topic, but I have a question about the priest. So one of the spells allows you to target several people, then quickly heal all of the people you hit with your crosshairs, it highlights them green. When running Bastion, sometimes people would run in front of my crosshairs that I didn't want to heal. Is there anyway to quickly cancel the spell and reset the selected people?

nataku

Can the Outlaw flag be disabled after you enable it? Or is it like a PvP flag that just disables after a set time of no PvP combat?

If they follow the K-Tera example of PK, then you can just flip it on and off, but there's a cool down to prevent griefing. Wondering if they'll keep the debuff system from K-Tera too.

Is there information on Guilds somewhere? I tried finding some of the details on the Guild options, but wasn't able to. Will there be alliances?

Alliances are not currently implemented. The majority of PVE content has been balanced for 1-5 players and PVP content balanced for 10-20 players. There are plans to expand this in the future with 20 player PVE content (coming to K-TERA this month and hopefully at US launch) and larger scale PVP content. I believe the Guild VS Guild combat are the first steps in the direction or larger scale PVP.

Here is all the information I have collected or gathered from testing:

Anyone can create a guild once they graduate from Island of Dawn and head to the first city of Velika. The startup cost is 3,000 gold and only requires you to be in a party of at least two people.

You can create a custom 64x64 BMP guild emblem for your guild.

There is a guild chat channel.

I do not think there is a limit on the number of players that can be in your guild or there is large upper limit. I noticed 250-300+ member guilds present during the beta.

Guildmasters can create and manage ranks within the guild (seems unlimited), with different levels of permissions for each rank. For example, you can create officers that have permission to invite and kick members and manage the guild bank. They are essentially guildmasters with just a few permissions missing (e.g. initiating Guild VS Guild combat). You can promote and demote guild members.

There is a guild bank where items, equipment, and currency can be stored and accessed by any ranks within the guild that have permissions to do so.

Guilds can level up in rank. Completing Guild Quests from the Guild Quest board in various towns and cities will level up the guild. I'm not sure if there are other ways to increase level.

Guilds are ranked in various PVP statistics.

There is a server listing of all guilds on the server that allow you to view various statistics such as membership numbers, praise, etc. and apply for membership.

There is a guild fame system. Players can "praise" other guilds which increases the guild's overall praise number but I'm not sure what the purpose of this is yet. It could have something to do with the politics system or just for show.

You can set an "advertisement" for your guild and make your guild either private or open to applications. If open, anyone on the server can find and apply to your guild. Guild applications must be manually accepted or declined by those within the guild with permissions to do so.

Guild VS Guild combat can only be declared by Guildmasters. During this period of Guild VS Guild, players from either guild are free to PK each other without flagging themselves as outlaws. Points are allotted for each kill and bonus points are awarded for killing the guildmaster. At the end of the set period (24 hours?), the guild with the most points is declared the winner.

TimeKillr

Is there going to be a GAF PvE guild? PvP is completely uninteresting to me, and this outlaw bullshit is even worse, imo.

I very much despise being ganked while I'm leveling. I just don't see the fun in it at *all*.

Randy

I almost forgot about the chronoscroll feature.

Source

Q: First question: in ten seconds tell me, what are chronoscrolls?
A: Chronoscrolls are an in-game item we’re using to fight gold farming, game account theft, phishing, chat spam, and other criminal behaviors in order to create a better gameplay environment for TERA. Players can trade their excess gold for chronoscrolls and redeem those chronoscrolls to play TERA for free. Other players can buy chronoscrolls and sell them in the game as a way to earn more gold. Both groups of players get what they want, without having to interact with cyber-criminals. By creating a legal market where players trade game gold for game time, we can reduce demand for the illegal trading of game gold for real money, and thereby reduce criminal enterprises. That might be more like a twenty second answer, but I think it hits the key points.

Rinoa

Is there going to be a GAF PvE guild? PvP is completely uninteresting to me, and this outlaw bullshit is even worse, imo.

I very much despise being ganked while I'm leveling. I just don't see the fun in it at *all*.

I'd be down for that, I have zero interest in PVP.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I almost forgot about the chronoscroll feature.

Source

Huh. I'm fine with earning gold the old fashioned way (farming mats, making potions and selling them on the AH), but for days that I'm extremely lazy yet want some quick gold this chronoscroll thing sounds nice. Now hopefully a lot of people won't be up for this (selling them in-game) so the price of them won't plummet from the get go.

cilonen

I'm up for this, I think; is it fairly MMO newbie friendly?

I'm not going to have the rig built for the next couple of closed betas but should have it up and running for the launch.

Mognet

Okay guys, sorry for spamming it over and over, but I've got the first preliminary early alpha test version of the guild site up and running. Register and join or whatever, and rake me over the coals for all the obvious stuff I missed which I should have put in the site or as a sub-forum! I'm going to bed now, so feel free to criticize me harshly while I'm sleeping and unable to respond! :3

http://tera-gaf.enjin.com/

I joined up (or at least I think I did d:).

Vano

Oh man, i love the chronoscroll concept, gone is my worry of paying 15 x month always :D, <3 the TERA developers for implementing this.

Q: Could I bribe people with a chronoscroll if they vote for me in the political system or get their guild to vote for me?
A: You bet. Just like you can in the real world, though I&#8217;m sure there are less costly means to get votes!

A real political system in a game!

I'm just going to do the 12 month sub that works out to $8.95/mo.. that's almost netflix prices.. (or cheaper than netflix if you got streaming and dvds)

I like the idea of making gold farming unprofitable, though..

Ultimadrago

I'm up for this, I think; is it fairly MMO newbie friendly?

I'm not going to have the rig built for the next couple of closed betas but should have it up and running for the launch.

Yes, it's very accessible. From the steamlined maps for quests to the initial combat. The enemies (almost to a fault) as far as my beta experience was concerned.

Top Bottom