• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA News, Information, & Beta Thread

Slacker

Piglings no longer drop large sums of gold. Sadly, they don’t drop bacon either.
My plans to be a rich biotch lie in ruins.

edit, also:

Level 11 mount quest no longer requires users to collect carrots. The new quest allows users to complete the quest within Velika. How ‘bout them apples?
In other words, the mount quest won't be the PVP killing fields after all. :p

Type2

This patcher is absolutely horrid. Small 1mb update - applies it, then restarts. Is this supposed to be happening?!

I'll most likely be on a PvP server. I'm rolling either as a Human or Popori Beserker

If this keeps happening over and over with small 1mb patches, delete and re-download the client. I had this issue where I left it open for 2 days and still had no game. Its supposed to be a chunky download, that doesn't open and reopen your client a thousand times.

Sheap

If this keeps happening over and over with small 1mb patches, delete and re-download the client. I had this issue where I left it open for 2 days and still had no game. Its supposed to be a chunky download, that doesn't open and reopen your client a thousand times.

Thank you, I did just that this morning after I let it run over night.

1 hour left.

zlatko

Banned
If anyone bags an extra code let me know or PM me. I've been dying to try this game to fill the void that FF14 was supposed to for FFXI.

Just a reminder that I'll be streaming as much as I can for CBT2, so if you can't play and want to see something, let me know. The videos will be archived.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
In other words, the mount quest won't be the PVP killing fields after all. :p

I bet quite a few people are going "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-" right now. lol

I'm ready for Friday. Took care of everything I needed so I'll be completely free.

Type2

Thank you, I did just that this morning after I let it run over night.

1 hour left.
No problem, I had the same issue and didnt get an answer here so i troubleshat myself :]

If anyone bags an extra code let me know or PM me. I've been dying to try this game to fill the void that FF14 was supposed to for FFXI.

Its been mentioned many times now but preordering from amazon and cancelling after you get your code has no consequences. You do not get charged for anything until the game ships so there aren't even refund hassles to worry about. JOIN US!

Arment

Its been mentioned many times now but preordering from amazon and cancelling after you get your code has no consequences. You do not get charged for anything until the game ships so there aren't even refund hassles to worry about. JOIN US!

Amazon sends you the code immediately after pre-order?

I'd recommend just pre-ordering it from En Masse's virtual shop.

If you do decide to buy after pulling the Amazon trick, this is the way. En Masse is just amazing in their support, communication and overall attitude. They deserve the direct sales and the Digital CE seems pretty decent.

Arment

If you do decide to buy after pulling the Amazon trick, this is the way. En Masse is just amazing in their support, communication and overall attitude. They deserve the direct sales and the Digital CE seems pretty decent.

That's what I would most likely do. Almost an hour but no code, c'mon Amazon.

01DragonFly

AMDgaming on twitter is giving out some(this is how i got mine), just follow and tweet that you need a code

<.< game is 68% an almost 4 hour left at 558kb/s , started at 1mb almost 2 with 3 hours

soloscout

Neo Member
I've about had it with SWTOR end game and I recently have been thinking about unsubbing with TOR and just waiting till May for TERA. I did sign up for beta testing, but I've never had luck with getting picked for anything... :/ I guess that's why god created streams? I did read some comparisons between TOR and TERA in this thread, but has anyone been in a similar spot as myself, but was actually in CBT1 testing and loving it so much more?

I have two questions :

1) Can European players take part in the US Closed Betas (En Masse version)?
2) Is there any way to get beta keys if I don't own a twitter account and never used it? :/

Doel

I have two questions :

1) Can European players take part in the US Closed Betas (En Masse version)?
2) Is there any way to get beta keys if I don't own a twitter account and never used it? :/

1. There are only a few restrictions (Asia, Africa, Russia, and the Middle East)
2. Yes, I'll PM you

Slacker

1) Yes
2) Make a twitter account and use it. Pretend to use it. That's what I do anyway.

I feel bad for anyone following me on twitter looking for grade A content. Every tweet is pretty much "K104 PLAYS THE BEST HITZ OH YEAH #pleasegivemefreeshit"

I wonder how many more people will be playing this weekend. Seems like CBT2 codes are out and about in full force.

TERA looks pretty promising gameplay wise. The combat looks a lot more engaging than almost every other MMO. I just can't stand that anime-style some of the races have. The dogs are awesome though.

Is the IGN Prime beta key still going to work this weekend? I noticed I was able to login and update still, and my account still says active on the En Masse page.

Is the IGN Prime beta key still going to work this weekend? I noticed I was able to login and update still, and my account still says active on the En Masse page.

That's odd, I tried logging in a few days ago and it said my account wasn't active anymore. Now it lets me log in. Maybe they changed the IGN keys to full beta access?

Arment

No code from the Amazon dealio. Might have to send them an e-mail.

Had a chat with customer care...she had to e-mail my case to promotions or something. 1-2 days response. Zzzz.

Hmm I just upgrade to the digital collector edition but my account type still says "Standard". Anybody know how to contact them and verify the update?

Rinoa

Hmm I just upgrade to the digital collector edition but my account type still says "Standard". Anybody know how to contact them and verify the update?

Maybe it takes time to update? I didn't upgrade, just went to CE but it should say this

Account Type: Collector's Edition
Account Status: Active

zlatko

Banned
Nuts I missed the twitter stuff as I just got home to try @AMDGaming after following them.

Any other ways to get the beta ? :(

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
No code from the Amazon dealio. Might have to send them an e-mail.

Had a chat with customer care...she had to e-mail my case to promotions or something. 1-2 days response. Zzzz.

I don't see an offer on the product page. Was it removed? I didn't get a code either.

Maybe it takes time to update? I didn't upgrade, just went to CE but it should say this

Account Type: Collector's Edition
Account Status: Active

Thanks for the info. I guess I have to wait and see. I sent in a support ticket in hopes that they could clarify.

Xyber

1. There are only a few restrictions (Asia, Africa, Russia, and the Middle East)

Wait, what? :O I just want to make this clear so I haven't misunderstood anything. I can play in the US beta with my account that has a key from Europe? I also have a key that I got from amazon.com, but that did not work on the European site. Would be so happy if I could play this weekend instead of waiting until next week.

You would think that Europe was region locked out of North America seeing as how its Frogster territory. Who knows though.

I'm sitting here at the barbershop waiting my turn for a haircut. It's the last thing I needed to do before the weekend. I went to Costco yesterday, so I'm stocked up on food and drinks. Ready for Tera weekend!

Wait, what? :O I just want to make this clear so I haven't misunderstood anything. I can play in the US beta with my account that has a key from Europe? I also have a key that I got from amazon.com, but that did not work on the European site. Would be so happy if I could play this weekend instead of waiting until next week.

No, he's saying En Masse is blocking those countries from playing the NA version of Tera.

Xyber

I have a code for the US beta that I won't be able to use.

Quote to see it and please post if you took it so others know.

Okay, those of you who have been on the GAF guild site, I need your help.

I'm trying to track the source of a problem where people have added and attached their Characters to their Enjin accounts, but the Characters are not appearing in the Members list on that page. I can see your characters fine on the Admin panel but nowhere else. If you have created a Character and you don't see your Character listed on the Members list, please delete and re-create the Character. Make sure the Character is a 'Global Character' and not a 'Tera-GAF Character'. If this works, I will have solved the problem and your Character should appear in the Members list.

If you haven't joined the GAF guild site yet, feel free to join up! At this time I would like to ask all people who have joined, even if they haven't decided on a final character name, to please bash on the Character system a bit and create a beta character or even a fake one attached to your Enjin account just to play with the feature and also to help me test the Members list, which has been buggy ever since Enjin rolled out the 'Global Characters' system. Thank you!

Top Bottom