• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA News, Information, & Beta Thread

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I asked this question awhile back but I don't think I got an answer. What are we using to communicate with each other (Vent, mumble, TS)?

Do we already have something set up or do we have nothing right now?

rObit

Banned
Took a key out of the thread a bit ago, just got another one elsewhere. Quote to reveal the extra code and post if you use it.

edit: gone

Dizzy-4U

I used this, thanks.

I will remember your name
PVO4h.gif

Rinoa

Can't wait to play when I get home later tonight, gonna make a castanic berserker, elf priest, and maybe popori mystic if have time.

zlatko

Banned
I started downloading last night at around oh 6:30 my time, went to bed at 10:30 and was only 17% done. I left it on over night and went off to work without checking, but I hope it's done by the time I get home so I can play. :(

01DragonFly

I started downloading last night at around oh 6:30 my time, went to bed at 10:30 and was only 17% done. I left it on over night and went off to work without checking, but I hope it's done by the time I get home so I can play. :(

should be done by now, mine took almost 7 hours at 500kb

SDBurton

I'll be on the PvP server a lot (I hope), but do we want to try and get to 27 on the PvE server thus weekend and run the 27 instance?

I'll be on the PvP server mostly as my high level char is on the other PvE server Arrachnea. My friend (a fellow gaffer) and I made alts on your guys' PvE server near the very end of the last beta, so we may work on them and try to play catch up.

Edit: What will be your character name, as well as Robokittys's on the PvP server so we can whisper for invites?

I'll be on the PvP server a lot (I hope), but do we want to try and get to 27 on the PvE server thus weekend and run the 27 instance?

I'm certainly planning to do both..

when the servers come up i'm going to make Pai on the pvp server to be ready for the test.. but I also want to get Eiko to 27.. a co-worker of mine will be playing on the PVE server with his girlfriend for the most part.. so I'll be over there to join them as well.

esserius

Banned
I'm really curious how the PvP server plays out, so I'll probably be on that, but considering I've got level 23* chars on the PvE servers already, I'll probably level them too. Will still probably play the Slayer. Slayer is so fun. I'm still curious as to which characters have the highest endgame DPS, though maybe tracking that is a bit more difficult in a game that has no formal targeting system.

I'll be on the PvP server a lot (I hope), but do we want to try and get to a bunch of us 27 on the PvE server this weekend and run the 27 instance?

I'm planning to hit PVP first and try to do as much as possible. I'll eventually be heading back over to the Serpentis PVE server to level my Sorcerer some more, but I've got all weekend for that.

I'll post PVP guild information as soon as I have it. I haven't decided on a character name but will likely just use the same name as my character on Serpentis (Shinobu). If anyone wants to team up after Island of Dawn, let me know. I'll be rolling Slayer and playing with a Priest (androidcandy).

EME is still having store issues. It looks like it is a problem with Digital River as many of their other major clients are also having issues.

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/i-wanna-play-but-the-store-wont-let-me

In the event that you've accidentally purchased more than one copy of the game in attempt to force the store to add TERA to your account, we will of course give you a full refund for any and all copies you'd like to return. One brave soul purchased 13 copies in an attempt to get his account activated; there's no need to do this yourself!

Type2

Im ready to play a bit before work, hopefully the initial rush isnt killer. Gonna make my first toon pve.
Dimme aman warrior on the serpantanis isle

CAW

I'm on Serpentis Isle, people in chat are saying they can't get into the PvP server.

My character name is Molson.

CAW

Wow, the 360 controller feels great! My frist impressions of like 15 mins so far are very, very good. I'm loving this!

If any guildies come on (Serpentis Isle) and can invite, hit me up. I'm Molson in-game. :)

SDBurton

For a quick workaround to get into Valley of Titans start up the launcher and log in with your username and password. After you click 'play' wait for the screen to pop up and disconnect yourself from the internet. Doing so will bring you straight to the server selection screen where you can re-connect and enter Valley of Titans.

Slacker

For a quick workaround to get into Valley of Titans start up the launcher and log in with your username and password. After you click 'play' wait for the screen to pop up and disconnect yourself from the internet. Doing so will bring you straight to the server selection screen where you can re-connect and enter Valley of Titans.

I'm at working trying to create my character remotely*, so that doesn't help me too much. :)

*testing to make sure I'll be able to do it for the live character reservation thing before open beta

DPsygnet

#@@#$$#?#$#@
trying to start the download of the Game but login screen is asking me to enter a code for Account Armor since i logged on an another computer. .. been waiting for an hour...
created a new account to access tech support, been waiting for an hour for account activation...

wtf is going on T__T

_woLf

I'm Ashlyn on Valley of the Titans. Rolled Castanic Slayer again just to try PVP with that class -- made a human warrior, too.

I tried so hard to make an Elin, but I just couldn't take it.

EDIT: And the screen flickering problem still isn't fixed. Le sigh....

Top Bottom