• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So...

I had fun. Yeah this more fun than I had during my initial foray into GW2. If I'm going to grind quests for hours on end I'd rather do it with a fun combat system than a boring one.

TERA loses handily to GW2 in terms of narrative, world building and quest design but has far better graphics, a superior combat system and more incentive to group up, which is what MMOs are all about

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
>.>
jbxM9WvUBrZynF.png

This is Halloween this is Halloween!

ibmCHKPpB4HUll.png

ibsxo3GlcCkGwb.png

:D

It is a shame you have to get to the low-mid 30s before you kill those crabs. That experience just changed this game from "this game is really cool and I think my friends would like it" to "this game is AMAZING and all of my friends are idiots for not playing it" for me.

So I made a popori lancer and I'm really enjoying him so far. However, is this going to be a problem later in terms of a smaller hotbox (I'm thinking for healing) and reach? Or is it not much different?

Izayoi

Banned
Fucking work and shit I'm only 37 and I've got more work tomorrow and then the servers go down right as I'll be getting home tomorrow FUCK

Alright, rolled on Serpentis for now considering the madness that VoT is experiencing.
Send a whisper to "Arveene" tomorrow asking for an invite to the guild, tell him I sent you. Preview of a couple later areas for those who are on the fence about buying it still.

23mxazn.png

339fxkm.png

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
Okay so I was told that lancers shouldn't use controllers to be efficient tanks? Is that true?

I'm trying to have a go at keyboard and mouse but its all so manual feeling compared to a controller :p

Wallach

I might grab this later today and poke around some more. The quests in beta were pretty terrible but I enjoyed the combat; seems like it might be one of those games that in a group should be fun to mess with. Wasn't big on the Priest class I tried really but Warrior was really engaging (though I hear they've changed the class since I played, hopefully they still work roughly the same).

jiien

Fighting BAMs is fun.

I need a good way to earn money though. Any tips? (Level 25)

Level. The higher level you get, the more money seems to drop in dungeons, and the more you get from quests. It is very apparent in this game, and eventually even 50g will start to be trivial (or so I've read).

how is the music in this game?

Not terrible, not Shadow of the Colossus. I think the music is better once you get off the starting island, personally.

KaYotiX

Banned
Tanked BoL last night and damn was it fun!!! I'm loving the hell out of this game so far. Wish my wife and I were on at the same time so we could play but damn work schedules got us all messed up ATM.

Also got my first blue, was a chest piece for my lancer. :)

Midou

I kind of pop to TERA threads once in a while but I never felt an overwhelming interest in it, from my MMO experiances, pretty = no substance, but from what I read it didn't fall into that trap this time. It's hard to tell from the videos, but how actiony is it compared to like PSO2? I assume some people should have played both.

Edit: Or I guess to people who didn't play PSO2, something like Dark Souls then, with blocking, dodging and attack timing being more important than level to some extent or another. That was always what kept me away from actiony MMOs, there was always a huge emphasis on level over skill and they might has well have been turn based then.

Call me crazy, but is this the most technically impressive use of Unreal Engine 3 to date? I'm talking a full fledged game here, not tech demos. This game looks gorgeous on a technical and artistic level.

Trickster

Could this game be reccomended if I'm just gonna play it until Diablo 3 is released? I need something to fill the time so badly lol.

Trickster

How demanding is the game to run? I see the reccomended specs aren't too high. But I've been fooled by things like that before.

Got a decent rig with an i5 2500k, 8 gig of ram and a 460 gtx. will that get my high settings with good framerate?

Hixx

This texture bug I've got in Velika is killing me :( Makes the game look like arse and I have to reboot to fix it. I've messed about with the .ini's, I've turned off the in game adjustment which did NOTHING, I don't understand why it's happening...

Wallach

How demanding is the game to run? I see the reccomended specs aren't too high. But I've been fooled by things like that before.

Got a decent rig with an i5 2500k, 8 gig of ram and a 460 gtx. will that get my high settings with good framerate?

Definitely, yes. It runs quite well given how good it looks.

Does anyone know if there is a way to view latency in-game? I can't find one.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

I am using Core2Duo, ATI HD 5700, 4 years old system still run at a good frame rate with average above graphic setting.

Anyone else with a GTX560 ti find that the game really churns the fan? Is there some setting that is REALLY demanding?
I was surprised at how hard it was pushing my card considering it's a UE game.

TGMIII

I'm running pretty much the same system as you only with a HD6950 2GB and I'm running on the 4th preset(it goes to 5 but I dont think it does anything except for render the environment further away) and it's fine. Can't tell you what the framerate is because I've not checked but it's smooth 100% of the time. CPU sits at 40c while my GPU sits at 60c.

EU instance servers keep crashing and it boots you from the game, meaning you have to rejoin the queue to get back into the server.

Trickster

Is it possible to get the early access thing still, or did I miss the boat on that? It's official release in my country is may 4'th. Wouldn't mind playing now though :p

ultron87

Went back to Warrior after tooling around with an archer for awhile. Warrior is definitely more interesting in PVE (at least at the early levels).

Call me crazy, but is this the most technically impressive use of Unreal Engine 3 to date? I'm talking a full fledged game here, not tech demos. This game looks gorgeous on a technical and artistic level.

smooth as well, flightpoints are an explosion of particle effects and player characters and the framerate drops are perfectly managable.

Sephon

Went back to Warrior after tooling around with an archer for awhile. Warrior is definitely more interesting in PVE (at least at the early levels).

I actually fell in love with the archer. I tried out all of the classes but Warrior was the only one that I felt was pretty responsive, but wasn't sure of this game at all before I found the archer.
Weird thing is that I usually detest archers in games, but here it feels tactical and powerful.

Could this game be reccomended if I'm just gonna play it until Diablo 3 is released? I need something to fill the time so badly lol.

That's basically what I am doing, but the game is good enough that it will have me coming back even while playing d3, especially during those server problems that are bound to happen for d3 lol

vaelic

Banned

you'll be fine. I have everything you have except a 5850. I am PLEASANTLY SURPRISED how well this game runs with how pretty it looks

Desaan

I give up on VoT and unless they allow us to transfer to wherever we want I think that's pretty much me done with Tera's PvP servers.

2San

Btw what's the point of extraction exactly(guess it serves it purpose on higher levels)? I now have ass load of refined mats and nothing to do with it. Not to mention leveling a crafting skill also gives you tons of refined mats. There's no point in crafting weapons since, you level out them really quick. Isn't it better to just npc all the gear you get for now, till you get to a tier where actually want to craft something?

MedIC86

So if i buy this now i could play right away ? or do i have to wait till release

Also im in Europe, does GAF have a guild going?

Trickster

So if i buy this now i could play right away ? or do i have to wait till release

Also im in Europe, does GAF have a guild going?

I'm not 100% sure since the early access thing started a few days ago already. So the question is if you had to have the game pre-ordered before then in order to enjoy the early access.

But I'm downloading atm, and once it's complete I can update you on whether it's possible or not, if you want :)

MedIC86

I'm not 100% sure since the early access thing started a few days sago already. So the question is if you had you have the game pre-ordered before then in order to enjoy the early access.

But I'm downloading atm, and once it's complete I can update you on whether it's possible or not, if you want :)

Yeah that would be great. im waiting on Diablo 3 to release, but i really need to play something new in the meanwhile. but i dont know if this game is a good choice :p

Trickster

Yeah that would be great. im waiting on Diablo 3 to release, but i really need to play something new in the meanwhile. but i dont know if this game is a good choice :p

A good idea would probably be to watch some videos from the game. Personally the unique combat system ( for an mmo at least ) and graphics are what made me dive in. Whether I'll feel validated about my purchase I'll have to wait and see :)

Top Bottom