• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Merun

Hey Shim :D

<-- Alynora the lancer

Hi hi ^^. Damn the fun memories of that game is coming back.

Just wondering but did the economy stabilise ever since the removal of masterwork alkahest in shop? There was a non stop inflation after that and it kind of killed me as I couldn't get money as fast, aside of the growing latency with the US server which made MCHM even harder. I don't plan to resume the game but well, just curious.

You can preload now. It comes out on Tuesday.

I'll make an OT for the expansion.

link the OT here pls if you do <3 thankie

aaaaaah tuesday... i guess i'll check it out. idk. dont you guys have a lot of weird family /friends /christmassy things going on around this time of the year ???

i can't quite find good chunks of time to mmo ;____;

merun, idonno about the economy these days either. would be good to hear from the ones still playing. i still have a few mils from back when i was farming mchm daily XD

NeOak

Hi hi ^^. Damn the fun memories of that game is coming back.

Just wondering but did the economy stabilise ever since the removal of masterwork alkahest in shop? There was a non stop inflation after that and it kind of killed me as I couldn't get money as fast, aside of the growing latency with the US server which made MCHM even harder. I don't plan to resume the game but well, just curious.

Yup, it was controlled. And there will be gold sinks in the expansion.

They are actually implementing stuff with some thought into it, unlike alliance and the filler content before the expansion.

NeOak

I've played a bit since patch and learned the newer instances but after a few weeks I went back to non-MMO backlog stuff. Still fun in small doses but without an active guild or friends online....yeah...

Hey Shim :D

<-- Alynora the lancer

If you are up for helping rebuild Believe, I would be grateful.

There is guild housing coming, and its competition based. Doing instances Or pvp/bgs.

omlet

If you are up for helping rebuild Believe, I would be grateful.

There is guild housing coming, and its competition based. Doing instances Or pvp/bgs.

I dunno, man. The whole alliance and PvP thing just is a big fat don't care for me. It's a big reason why my interest kinda dwindled in the first place back in the MCHM days. Turned out to be less of a big deal to casual players than I was thinking it might, but I have no interest in clawing my way up the alliance ladder. If you reform Believe I'd probably put my character(s) back in as long as there's room but I'm not really sure I'll be getting the expansion up any time soon.

tl;dr: Don't think I have the time to spend on rebuilding a whole guild right now. :( I'm not playing any MMOs at all these days. (Looking forward to DFO's return and Tree of Savior looks pretty rad, too.)

I dunno, man. The whole alliance and PvP thing just is a big fat don't care for me. It's a big reason why my interest kinda dwindled in the first place back in the MCHM days. Turned out to be less of a big deal to casual players than I was thinking it might, but I have no interest in clawing my way up the alliance ladder. If you reform Believe I'd probably put my character(s) back in as long as there's room but I'm not really sure I'll be getting the expansion up any time soon.

tl;dr: Don't think I have the time to spend on rebuilding a whole guild right now. :( I'm not playing any MMOs at all these days. (Looking forward to DFO's return and Tree of Savior looks pretty rad, too.)

yesh bolded parts is so me, too

NeOak

Are server transfers still free? I'm playing with a friend on Ascension Valley but I don't know if they will want to come along with me though.

Not free anymore :c

Transfers cost 2,490 EMP per character or 1,495 EMP per character if you are an elite subscriber.

http://support.enmasse.com/tera/transferring-a-character-to-another-server

yesh bolded parts is so me, too

No no. They are separate. Everything is account based and the rankings are different.

1. PVE competition (Allemantheia): Highest ranking of your characters (you can have 12, but only 1 counts) will count for the guild the character is.

2. PVP competition (Velika): GvG (which seems impossible to game and you can only GvG now against guilds in the competition) and Battlegrounds count. Tokens are given per account and they are divided amongst your 60+ characters and they guilds they are in. People in TR are just going to spam BGs.

So technically, we can do PvE based if we are going to do instances a lot. We need at least 30 accounts doing stuff. Just need to get to Top 10 in either ranking.

There is time to even try to. Just now what i want is to get a group going in the guild and have people active. There is always space for active people lol.

FYI: the expansion is free lol

Not free anymore :c

http://support.enmasse.com/tera/transferring-a-character-to-another-server

No no. They are separate. Everything is account based and the rankings are different.

1. PVE competition (Allemantheia): Highest ranking of your characters (you can have 12, but only 1 counts) will count for the guild the character is.

2. PVP competition (Velika): GvG (which seems impossible to game and you can only GvG now against guilds in the competition) and Battlegrounds count. Tokens are given per account and they are divided amongst your 60+ characters and they guilds they are in. People in TR are just going to spam BGs.

So technically, we can do PvE based if we are going to do instances a lot. We need at least 30 accounts doing stuff. Just need to get to Top 10 in either ranking.

There is time to even try to. Just now what i want is to get a group going in the guild and have people active. There is always space for active people lol.

FYI: the expansion is free lol

ohhhhh.... that sounds interesting. might check back in. im in TR. though.

ugh i miss the days of farming the highest level dungeons :x

NeOak

Yup. You can read more here:

https://espeitr.wordpress.com/2014/08/11/ktera-go-post-guild-competition-and-gvg/

I'll have to add a lot to the OP of the expansion's OT to let people know what are we getting down the road with this expansion.

Such as:

arcengineer_image1.jpg

The 10th class.

Yup. You can read more here:

https://espeitr.wordpress.com/2014/08/11/ktera-go-post-guild-competition-and-gvg/

I'll have to add a lot to the OP of the expansion's OT to let people know what are we getting down the road with this expansion.

Such as:

arcengineer_image1.jpg

The 10th class.

Engineers? Looks more like gunners to me! XD

... i .... think i'll stick with my mains if i come back. I never quite got my dps / tank alts done up properly. though i have like 3 healers at lvl 60 :x

thanks for link o7

:>

omlet

I miss doing MCHM... tried to get 3 friends into the game earlier this year hoping to teach them some of the fun endgame like MCHM but they got to level cap and quit. :(

I have most classes at level cap but nothing is as satisfying to me as lancer. TERA makes tanking a lot of fun.

I miss doing MCHM... tried to get 3 friends into the game earlier this year hoping to teach them some of the fun endgame like MCHM but they got to level cap and quit. :(

I have most classes at level cap but nothing is as satisfying to me as lancer. TERA makes tanking a lot of fun.

yessssssssh yesyesyesyes

i know what you mean

i was doing mchm four times a day, sometimes more, cuz can clear it with my alts too. I main mystic, and i looooooooooovelovelovelove mchm (before it was nerfed)

i came back a few times to run it after it was nerfed, it was sad :<

lancers are terrific to run mchm with <3 my static group's tank is a lancer :> though i love warrior tanks a lot too.

Im like you though. Nothing is as satisfying for me as mystic. Tera makes healing just the right mixture between pain and pleasure XD

^______^

omlet

I like mystic a lot, too. I leveled a priest with my friends so we could queue for instances as a group, but it always seemed boring compared to mystic. I don't mean like a bad class, having played both helps me appreciate each one, but mystic is just more fun to play.

How is this game these days? (on EU)
I bought it a few days after launch but quit because:

-zero updates or patches from frogster
-lag out the ass
-my server had died already and had 5 hour queues for dungeon finder
-economy shitting looming with the 'feature' of selling gold/buying gold for real money ingame around the corner

I like mystic a lot, too. I leveled a priest with my friends so we could queue for instances as a group, but it always seemed boring compared to mystic. I don't mean like a bad class, having played both helps me appreciate each one, but mystic is just more fun to play.

i have both but .. ya i has 2 mystics and 1 priest so... i think that tells my preference XD

i can clear mchm with both but i prefer mystics in general :> but then i saw those korean who can duo mchm pre-nerfed (the slayer and the priest) and my appreciation of priest shot up!! +++++++++

haha :>

i got my lancer up to 60 but i have no idea how to tank properly so hes just collecting dust :< i like the warrior to tank with, but i never quite got my warrior to 60. took too long as i like soloing with the warrior :<

ugh.

such nostalgia *_______*

lancers are awesome <3 ..... actually, the most class i've got on my flist are lancers XD they are always so friendly and so dependable :>

(slayers are the worst players, tbh) (very ego ego) (in general)

haha~ imo~

omlet

My DPS preferences is Berserker (because it's easy for me to switch between it and lancer, plus it's just fun and looks cool and big numberzzzz) and then Sorceress (my first 60, but I'm not as good at it as Shim and some others who really main it). I have a slayer at cap and it's a strong class but not my preference. I made a reaper but so did everyone so I don't really play it much lol.

NeOak

How is this game these days? (on EU)
I bought it a few days after launch but quit because:

-zero updates or patches from frogster
-lag out the ass
-my server had died already and had 5 hour queues for dungeon finder
-economy shitting looming with the 'feature' of selling gold/buying gold for real money ingame around the corner

- Gameforge took over
- can't say
- servers were merged a long time ago, so you'll see people around.
- Economy has stabilized. And gold buying is not something that breaks the game. it's expensive.

My DPS preferences is Berserker (because it's easy for me to switch between it and lancer, plus it's just fun and looks cool and big numberzzzz) and then Sorceress (my first 60, but I'm not as good at it as Shim and some others who really main it). I have a slayer at cap and it's a strong class but not my preference. I made a reaper but so did everyone so I don't really play it much lol.

my dps preference is also berserker! :D swingswing the axe :D so fun ^_____^

i cant play sorcs x____x i always mess up my rotation haha *dies*

i didnt make a reaper cuz i was already on hiatus by that time :x

aaaaaaaaaah~ tera funness~ :>

Merun

Yup, it was controlled. And there will be gold sinks in the expansion.

They are actually implementing stuff with some thought into it, unlike alliance and the filler content before the expansion.

Glad to know that there is some improvement. Perhaps I will check it out. I still have the game installed after all.

The secret to play a sorc is to grow a third arm. Or tentacles. Or both. But yeah, the rotation is crazy. There must have been like 16 keys used + spacebar. And the lightning trap cancelling mechanic to add. I should have recorded my hand at that time. No idea how I pulled it off, but it was fun to see all the big number. Hopefully PvP was also a good break from that fixed rotation. Fireblast after a chain leash is so satisfying.

NeOak

Glad to know that there is some improvement. Perhaps I will check it out. I still have the game installed after all.

The secret to play a sorc is to grow a third arm. Or tentacles. Or both. But yeah, the rotation is crazy. There must have been like 16 keys used + spacebar. And the lightning trap cancelling mechanic to add. I should have recorded my hand at that time. No idea how I pulled it off, but it was fun to see all the big number. Hopefully PvP was also a good break from that fixed rotation. Fireblast after a chain leash is so satisfying.

Yay, Shimcake will visit! I'll tell Squishy!

I need to go back to tera. Took a long MMO break. I think it's time to get back in.

Tempest Reach. You know you want to!

Kammie

I reinstalled the game about a month ago since I got an SSD, hoping to see improvements in the loading and performance... but it was just as bad as on a normal hard drive. Everything was still shadows! And I had no idea what any skill did any longer, plus I'd given away all my items, etc. Then I went to see if Nexus was still around (funnily enough, it is), but hardly anyone was there. Then I saw an Elin in a police car mount with a siren sound... and I promptly decided to just log back off.

I still miss the game, but if I have to grind something I'll stay where I'm currently at (Path of Exile). Hope the expansion is worth it for anyone returning, though!

Merun

Then I saw an Elin in a police car mount with a siren sound... and I promptly decided to just log back off.

You make it sound like you were turned off by the Elin. After all the Elin honey and tail joke, DFC talk and /dance, I would have thought that you were immune to them by now :p

SSD improves the initial loading of the game, but after it didn't really help me either. The loading bottleneck must be somewhere else. My wild guess is network and synching with the server.

NeOak

I reinstalled the game about a month ago since I got an SSD, hoping to see improvements in the loading and performance... but it was just as bad as on a normal hard drive. Everything was still shadows! And I had no idea what any skill did any longer, plus I'd given away all my items, etc. Then I went to see if Nexus was still around (funnily enough, it is), but hardly anyone was there. Then I saw an Elin in a police car mount with a siren sound... and I promptly decided to just log back off.

I still miss the game, but if I have to grind something I'll stay where I'm currently at (Path of Exile). Hope the expansion is worth it for anyone returning, though!

I'm not sure it is as grindy as before, but I can't say until I do proper endgame after tomorrow.

Wow, they actually removed like every old 50, 55, and 60 dungeon including MCHM. The dungeons are actually being taken out of the game.

I guess they don't want people coming back after a long absence from having the option of even seeing them. This is exactly the opposite of how WoW works where they leave everything there forever so you can go look at it if you want to.

I never saw Kelsaik's Nest, Kezzel's Gorge, Channelworks, Shattered Fleet, Wonderholme, Ghillieglade, and Lakan's Prison. I guess now I never will...

NeOak

Wow, they actually removed like every old 50, 55, and 60 dungeon including MCHM. The dungeons are actually being taken out of the game.

I guess they don't want people coming back after a long absence from having the option of even seeing them. This is exactly the opposite of how WoW works where they leave everything there forever so you can go look at it if you want to.

I never saw Kelsaik's Nest, Kezzel's Gorge, Channelworks, Shattered Fleet, Wonderholme, Ghillieglade, and Lakan's Prison. I guess now I never will...

You aren't missing much. What they are removing are HM dungeons. Story dungeons will be in the game.

The rest may come back as Lv 65 content.

And the did remove T3 from WoW when WotLK came out. :(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
why is this thread active again recently? something happening?

new race even more sluttier than Castanids being introduced?

You aren't missing much. What they are removing are HM dungeons. Story dungeons will be in the game.

The rest may come back as Lv 65 content.

And the did remove T3 from WoW when WotLK came out. :(

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

they are removing MCHM out of the game??????????

;___;

MCHM and CoF Mark III were my favourites ;___; I love the hard dungeons so much.... so much so that the game lost its grips on me when it went casual ;___;

are archers still the least desirable class in the game?

if so i probably won't come back

i love archers the best out of all the dps classes. not to play, cuz it seems hard as fuck. they dont have a lot of invincible frame moves :x

but i loooovelovelovelovelove partying and duoing dungeons with archers. super under-rated and super difficult to play well because they really would need to know their stuffs in order to maximise their damage and pull their weight in parties, but my most favourite person ever in-game is an Archer. He practically made the TERA experience for me :>

hhhhh

.... ugh you got me talking and reminiscing of the best parts of the game and now i miss him so bad ;___;

so archers are still not good then. i remember at launch you'd practically get instabooted for being an archer.

I remember those days :x

My Archer had such hard time trying to find a group who was willing to take on an Archer on their MCHM runs at first, but later he was so solid that his friend-list is full with people who keeps bugging him to be THE dps in their static. Even over Slayers.

I think they got buffed a bit but then they got nerfed again so I don't know their current status is like :<

They are such a terrific class when played well, though. IMHO.

Top Bottom