• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

oh okay, so its harder than mcnm?

i mean. i'm only relaying what my friends telling me, so idk. they said they had similar difficulty with learning mcnm compared to the new 5-man dungeon, so like i said, the new 5-man dungeon is similar to mcnm level

priests are preferred heal class for it, apparently. which sux, cuz i've only geared my mystic. i've got a priest too, but he's still on nexus gear :>

Nopren

Lakan's Prison is the new 5-man and that is a very easy and fast dungeon that you don't need higher than tier 14 for and maybe even doable in oculus gear (tier 13).
The new 7-man dungeon The Abscess in hard mode is supposedly the hardest of the dungeons. I don't even have high enough ilvl to queue for it in instance matching (I'm ilvl 178).

Lakan's Prison is the new 5-man and that is a very easy and fast dungeon that you don't need higher than tier 14 for and maybe even doable in oculus gear (tier 13).
The new 7-man dungeon The Abscess in hard mode is supposedly the hardest of the dungeons. I don't even have high enough ilvl to queue for it in instance matching (I'm ilvl 178).

When I say "the new 5 man" I am referring to Abscess HM which is a 5 man instance. Abscess NM is 7 man.

Lakan's Prison is a joke. You could clear it in Discord.

I saw some vids of the Abscess on youtube. Seems like the Koreans cleared it within 6 hours of its release, or something.

iLevel 178 is not high enough??? wow

i like hard dungeons :< aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

how is Tera end game?

Tera begins to be enjoyable at end game.

I saw some vids of the Abscess on youtube. Seems like the Koreans cleared it within 6 hours of its release, or something.

iLevel 178 is not high enough??? wow

i like hard dungeons :< aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Item level doesn't mean much. I'm ilvl 180 and my gear is rubbish. Certainly couldn't clear Abscess HM in this gear.

Y254afc.png

Nopren

Yeah ilvl doesn't mean diddly squat, but it does limit you in what you can queue for in instance matching. And in some cases it does make the dungeons runs faster if people have high ilvl on top of knowing what they're doing.

And end game is pretty much doing dailies and dungeons for reputation, gear and materials to craft the best end game gear. I very much enjoy it, but as with almost every mmo a guild is pretty much essential at end game.

Tera begins to be enjoyable at end game.

Item level doesn't mean much. I'm ilvl 180 and my gear is rubbish. Certainly couldn't clear Abscess HM in this gear.

Y254afc.png

yeah, that's what i heard too

why are you on steadfast? isnt wh gears easy to get?

you'd be able to clear abscess on wh gears +12, wont you?

i need to get the cubes to upgrade my full vm set to vm2 but im so lazy. wh is so boring ;__;

@boom boom, i never play aion or the others you mentioned. i went from lineage to tera straightaway so i donno. but i love tera's hard dungeons. that's tera's end game for me.

I don't think you could clear Abscess HM in WHHM gear unless you learned the instance inside out.

Best bet for gearing right now is running REHM to get Devastator gear which is T15 WH equivalent and using that to do the instance. Even then, if you're new as a player since WH you're probably going to find it a challenge.

As for my gear on my NA character, yeah, that's Steadfast. 2 weeks ago she was in Oculus. I took advantage of double drop to get a ton of Molten Tokens and now I'm slowly gearing, whilst still playing my EU lancer as well - preparing for the same patch when EU gets it. I do have WH boot and gloves and lance but the ilvl is the same and I don't plan to +12 them so there's no point enchanting them.

Abscess NM is a joke though, you can IM that easily.

God dammit. Why did I have to pick up this game and choose warrior class? In less than a day, I'm level 20 and still enjoying myself. Usually I get bored of a f2p mmo by the time I'm level 15 and move onto the next one. Now I may have to keep playing this one till max level due to the combat being so damned smooth.

God dammit.

God dammit. Why did I have to pick up this game and choose warrior class? In less than a day, I'm level 20 and still enjoying myself. Usually I get bored of a f2p mmo by the time I'm level 15 and move onto the next one. Now I may have to keep playing this one till max level due to the combat being so damned smooth.

God dammit.

Warrior is best, most fun class <3

I mainly grabbed the warrior so I can get to 40 and play the class I wanted to play most, which is the reaper. What I didn't know is that the reaper is level 50 when you start out, and the only race that can be chosen for it is the elin cat/bat/rabbit ear race. Thankfully the voice choices are the same for all races, so one isn't stuck with a high pitched deafening voice. I was looking forward from starting from level 1, but eh. What can you do? Hopefully they flesh out the class with more skills, because it's a fun class to play.

I mainly grabbed the warrior so I can get to 40 and play the class I wanted to play most, which is the reaper. What I didn't know is that the reaper is level 50 when you start out, and the only race that can be chosen for it is the elin cat/bat/rabbit ear race. Thankfully the voice choices are the same for all races, so one isn't stuck with a high pitched deafening voice. I was looking forward from starting from level 1, but eh. What can you do? Hopefully they flesh out the class with more skills, because it's a fun class to play.

Not a big fan of the reaper class. Seems one of the easier / OP class to play with. But then again, i main healers (mystic and priest), so what do I know :D

Nopren

Reaper is one of the most relaxing classes to play, because it is so straightforward. But I feel it is the class that showcases the strength of the combat the least. Every other class relies on timing and positioning, whereas the reaper can get out of any problem with an almost spammable array of dodges and counters. Though it is nice to get as a free level 60 to farm tokens and fodder/gear.

Um, actually you can use any type of elin appearance. Most people just go for the bat or lion because they're new additions. If you went and made an elin you could even have another class with those.

Reaper is one of the most relaxing classes to play, because it is so straightforward. But I feel it is the class that showcases the strength of the combat the least. Every other class relies on timing and positioning, whereas the reaper can get out of any problem with an almost spammable array of dodges and counters. Though it is nice to get as a free level 60 to farm tokens and fodder/gear.

Yep. This is how I feel about the Reaper class. My favourite class is the Warrior before they gave it the Block ability.

But yeah, I never got my Warrior to 60 cuz I main heals ... I got like 3 healer toons >__> so I could farm dungeons over and over again. Time was exhausted mostly on those runs. But I wish I had bothered to put in the time to get my Warrior to the end-game, some days cuz it's the most fun class to play, imo

Aaah, back in the days...

Um, actually you can use any type of elin appearance. Most people just go for the bat or lion because they're new additions. If you went and made an elin you could even have another class with those.

Yes I know I can customize the appearance of my E character, and I did. I'm just not a fan of cutesy races overall.

Ah, you were just referring to elin generally then. My bad.

I've started running ABHM with a static, it's quite tough but at the same time it's nice to be running content that isn't a complete faceroll again - much like MCHM back in the day.

Windam

Scaley member
Just started a new character on Mount Tyrannas because a few friends decided to start playing again. I still hate the UI, and I still play it like a tab target MMO. Got to level 20 in a night, and that's almost as far as I got on my Tempest Reach character (got him to 21 and then quit). I still feel so disappointed/underwhelmed with this game.

Stubo

Just started a new character on Mount Tyrannas because a few friends decided to start playing again. I still hate the UI, and I still play it like a tab target MMO. Got to level 20 in a night, and that's almost as far as I got on my Tempest Reach character (got him to 21 and then quit). I still feel so disappointed/underwhelmed with this game.
This is probably why?

Windam

Scaley member
This is probably why?

Definitely. Years of tab target MMOs have just ruined the game's combat system for me as I now can't get into it. Bah.

Also really sad to log in to Tempest Reach and see that the GAF guild is super dead.

Stubo

It's been about a year since I stopped playing and I really miss this game. The combat system in particular is what drew me in.

I was really hoping there'd be more news on Blade and Soul by now, I know lots of my old friends will be hopping on there.

How do you play TERA like a tab target MMO?

Im wondering that too.

on another note, ABHM seems fun :) i havent been back to TERA since forever but a few of my friends had been asking recently because apparently clearing it hinges on good heals? is this true? or have they just been bs-ing me to get me back into the game :x

Elros

Yes, you definitely need a good healer to clear ABHM.

The last boss hits pretty hard, even with Deva/VM3 gear, and if you have Slayers, Archers or Sorcerers in your roster, they need to save their iframe to be able to escape the hardest hitting attacks. Warriors and Reapers have more iframes and Zerks can block, so they should take less damage.

And there is also the dot that take 1% hp per stack per second, and the shield phase, and other little things ... !

Yes, you definitely need a good healer to clear ABHM.

The last boss hits pretty hard, even with Deva/VM3 gear, and if you have Slayers, Archers or Sorcerers in your roster, they need to save their iframe to be able to escape the hardest hitting attacks. Warriors and Reapers have more iframes and Zerks can block, so they should take less damage.

And there is also the dot that take 1% hp per stack per second, and the shield phase, and other little things ... !

Ugh sounds so like my kind of dungeon... I lovelovelove the hard dungeons with the tricky mechanics

I left when WHHM was the hardest runs cuz come on son.

Thank you for responding Elros <3 I could never be sure of my friends motivations before. Much appreciated.

Elros

You're welcome !

As a dps, I really enjoy this dungeon, especially the first times we tried it and the first clears. Being part of a team where all members were discovering the dungeon, and progressing together to reach our first clear was really satisfying.

ABHM isn't especially difficult but you definitely need to be a player that understands their role. Slow DPS makes the instance tricky, especially after the 4x shield phase.

A tank won't help you much too, as he randomly targets - much like HM Queen. I mean, you kinda need a tank but his mechanics aren't the same as the first boss - which I find really fun to tank.

And yeah, a good healer is critical.

speedloli, yep, a tank isn't really required for Queen HM :>

Thanks, for adding to the answer! I love dungeons that forces players to understand their classes well. I have both mystic and priest, but I favour the mystic class as healer. I heard ABHM favours the priest cuz it's heal intensive, but I'll go and check out vids now.

Elros, aaah you're a dps! Which class? Yeah, learning and clearing a dungeon together with some friends are a great experience :D I love it!

Windam

Scaley member
How do you play TERA like a tab target MMO?

Stand still and basic attack LOL. Like spamming Quickshot or any other quick/instant cooldown skill.

On another note, my Mount Tyrannas character is now level 31. Farther than I thought I'd ever get in this game.

Stand still and basic attack LOL. Like spamming Quickshot or any other quick/instant cooldown skill.

On another note, my Mount Tyrannas character is now level 31. Farther than I thought I'd ever get in this game.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Dont do this :< Very bad. One of TERA's strength is its action combat! Trust me! You will love it once you learn how to adapt to its dynamic fighting style :D

And yay level 31! So cute <3

Windam

Scaley member
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Dont do this :< Very bad. One of TERA's strength is its action combat! Trust me! You will love it once you learn how to adapt to its dynamic fighting style :D

And yay level 31! So cute <3

It's hard to break out of the habit, but I'm trying! I just dislike how slow my movement in combat is, bleh. If anyone plays on Mount Tyrannas, feel free to add me. (Quote to reveal name.) I'd play on Tempest Reach, but soloing is teraboring (get it?) and Isren Relic Pieces rarely drop. :x

Nopren

I don't know what your class is, but you don't move around in combat without using your abilities to do so. The only times you use your direction keys to move yourself around in combat is for positioning in dungeons/raid/groups, and of course in pvp.

Nopren

Aah, okay. You want to glyph for movement speed on your charge shots to get around faster, and then make sure to get in there and use your mines and then dodge and/or stun away.
But yes, archer is not the best class to showcase the action combat, it can quickly devolve into just pointing and shooting until dead.

I love archers though. Archers are awesomely underrated class *___*

Clearing MCHM (before it was nerfed) and ABHM with Archer = mad respects. Archers need a different kind of players, I think, cuz it's definitely not the most bad-ass highest damage dealing class, and it's wearing leather, so its defences is also not as sturdy as zerkers' but it's a very versatile class for the right player

My favourite dps ever is Archer, so I might be biased :D

(I don't have ranged dps class, archers and sorcs are the two classes I can't play cuz I have no idea how to be a proper ranged dps. Apparently, for sorcs, it has something to do with maximising rotation cycles. It's weird and crazy)

(I have all other classes except those two)

Archers do have to move around quite a bit at higher level dungeons and BAMs, so even though Saften is right for most of the game, your class will shine more as you level up more.

:>

Im glad you're enjoying it!

Windam

Scaley member
Level 35 now on the Mount Tyrannas main I'm using to play with friends.

...Isren Relic Pieces rarely drop. :x

I love how right after I posted that, I got a +9 Isren weapon within 15 minutes on my Tempest Reach guy. Don't think I'll be playing him anymore, though. Two Archers and going through the same content/grinding the same stuff isn't really appealing when solo.

NeOak

TERA: Fate of Arun Expansion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0Ft2_nhalU

I uh...

Maybe?

The mysterious continent of Northern Arun is finally open – and it's under siege by a soul-sucking bloodmage army. In Fate of Arun, players will explore this lost world, discover the home city of the Barakan race, fight for the freedom of the native Khirians, and take on a powerful new evil.

Fate of Arun represents the first and biggest expansion for TERA to date, featuring a new level cap of 65 and the lands of Northern Arun to explore through a brand-new storyline, new quests, zones, dungeons, skills, gear and a new PvP battleground, in addition to vast systematic improvements to the gameplay experience.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/10/24/tera-announces-fate-of-arun-expansion/#continued

I started a Lancer on Ascension Valley. I don't even know why. At least this game runs well in 4K resolution and the UI automatically scales up with the higher resolution, unlike for example FFXIV.

NeOak

I started a Lancer on Ascension Valley. I don't even know why. At least this game runs well in 4K resolution and the UI automatically scales up with the higher resolution, unlike for example FFXIV.
They are replacing the UI too in KTERA, so lets hope its fixed.

And I'm beach playing in TR in case anyone wants to play in the biggest PvE server.

Merun

Wow, I haven't looked at this game for so long. New territories, new instances, new class, and more importantly, more Elin costume!!

<-- Shimerin, Elin Sorcerer, if anyone remember me from the Believe guild ;)

omlet

I've played a bit since patch and learned the newer instances but after a few weeks I went back to non-MMO backlog stuff. Still fun in small doses but without an active guild or friends online....yeah...

<-- Shimerin, Elin Sorcerer, if anyone remember me from the Believe guild ;)

Hey Shim :D

<-- Alynora the lancer

Top Bottom