• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

In other news, they are adding a new class. Looks interesting, but the game is pretty much dead at this point.

9jZw5Ds.jpg

Kammie

so started playing this game recently. GAF community been out?
GAF community is gone, guild broke up and pretty much everyone quit playing about five months ago. I dropped the game like four months ago now... and it doesn't sound like it's improved any in that time. BHS wasted a good opportunity.

NeOak

so started playing this game recently. GAF community been out?

The few non-Gaffers that were part of the guild in Tempest Reach now play under the guild "Melon Party" (they were there originally but merged with Believe a long time ago)

Whisper Squishy or Liselotte or Kuu and mention to them that you are from GAF.

In other news, they are adding a new class. Looks interesting, but the game is pretty much dead at this point.

9jZw5Ds.jpg

inb4 "Nonono", the Elin Reaper, is created :3

jasonng

This game is largely dead.

Cannot recommend investing too much time in it personally.

It is a decent game though, at least I enjoyed it many patches ago when there was at least one piece of challenging content.

I'm just starting out myself. Could you elaborate? I just want to play an mmo and explore its world.

Ianan

How is the games population doing? I've heard a lot about the games population dwindling? I'm in the middle of downloading it right now, used to play it a while ago and loved it. Just hoping the player base is holding up strong!

NeOak

How is the games population doing? I've heard a lot about the games population dwindling? I'm in the middle of downloading it right now, used to play it a while ago and loved it. Just hoping the player base is holding up strong!

Japan had uh, 8 servers? It's all being merged to 1 PvE server.

There was talk of opening a new server in NA, but that has died.

I'm just starting out myself. Could you elaborate? I just want to play an mmo and explore its world.

I just can't imagine it behind much fun with the current gear progression. Even levelling is much much easier to a degree that it just isn't fun anymore - not that I ever really found it fun.

Considering the game is free though, I see no reason why you shouldn't play it I guess. It's just that once you reach endgame you'll find yourself limited to either running a few instances or doing PvP, eventually moving on to farming for MES to masterwork your gear and then MWA to +12 it.

That's kind of a long term, jaded view though - take it with a pinch of salt.

Reading through the last few pages has convinced me to not play this game. lol
I was hoping for hot chicks, slick combat and something that would run "ok" on my GT520.

Kammie

I was hoping for hot chicks, slick combat and something that would run "ok" on my GT520.
There's hot chicks, slick combat, and the game runs great unless you're doing a battleground with 30 people or doing a certain endgame activity that has (or at least used to, not sure how many people play now) 200 people onscreen at once.

I'd still play it but without the intent to be in it for the long haul. It's free, and it has an amazing visual style.

I'm kind of beginning to miss the game, but every time I go to the forums I'm just disgusted. They introduced a new battleground that's just a huge imbalanced mess, BHS seriously can't design squat to save their lives. They're incompetent.

ShinMaruku

It will do all of that. It's just marred by people who except wow. I find it great. Only MMO besides blade and soul that I will even belive in it's sound. All the ones coming and try to to claim the MMO crown I just laugh at those clowns. (Sorry wildstar and elder shits online you ain't good)

The new Kuma BG is actually pretty fun. I got a Kelsaik Mask from the loot boxes from it too which you could only previously get by doing KNHM 30 times. Think they removed it from the achievement when alliance hit though. Have to be level 30 to enter and all gear is equal like CS. Check it out.

Brick

I've been on a weird F2P kick lately, and after stopping by Marvel Heroes and Neverwinter, I thought I'd give this a shot. I have to say that I am incredibly impressed with the game. The combat is way more fun and engaging than other MMOs. I started a Lancer and even though I've only played for a few hours, I am surprised at how much I enjoy it, especially since I've never played a Tank before in any other MMO.

Overall, I'm looking forward to putting more time into this.

Anything I should know as a new player?

NeOak

I've been on a weird F2P kick lately, and after stopping by Marvel Heroes and Neverwinter, I thought I'd give this a shot. I have to say that I am incredibly impressed with the game. The combat is way more fun and engaging than other MMOs. I started a Lancer and even though I've only played for a few hours, I am surprised at how much I enjoy it, especially since I've never played a Tank before in any other MMO.

Overall, I'm looking forward to putting more time into this.

Anything I should know as a new player?

Sadly, you won't ever know what its to tank BAMs :(

tera is dead when they nerfed the BAMs and even deader when they installed that wonderholme patch

they also nerfed MCHM now, so queen is not immune to debuffs : ( so so so sad. mchm used to be my fav dungeon : ( ran it four times a day at some point. lol.

whhm is ridiculously easy. just get mirror/reflect charm on the lancer and whittle the prince's hp down to 0, no problems. zzzzzzzz dungeon.

much sadness

Oh, the game still have quite an active population. It's just sort of dead to me, by comparison, that's all.

Apparently, a new superhard dungeon will be installed in summer this year....

....which is too far away for me.

:|

Compared to what it used to be, it's pretty dead.

Global still global though. Every time I log on to check on some stuff, people are always spamming global with stupid elin puns.

And to no surprise, the game seems to run worse for me every time. AMD cpu am cry

People duo MCHM for fun now. I still find it mildly fun even with nerfs but certainly there's no issue to clear it like there might have been with a less exp party previously.

Although my NIC playing up made me eat a nice donut the other day..

Stubo

I miss this game.

Sad to read that MCHM is a joke now, that was basically my favourite part of the whole game. So very satisfying getting perfect runs in!

I miss this game.

Sad to read that MCHM is a joke now, that was basically my favourite part of the whole game. So very satisfying getting perfect runs in!

I hear you. That was my fav part too. MCHM and CoF Mark III : D

Apparently there is a new hard dungeon that's coming in summer. It's the only thing that still baits my interest into coming back.

PewPewK

So I can't really tell what the general consensus is if this game is dead or not. I haven't played in a long time, basically since it went F2P. I've got my 54 Sorcerer and 58 Priest from the Levelup event. Any reason to grind it up to 60? There any fun content waiting at the end?

I've been sinking a ton of time into this recently again.

Mostly PvP though with EQ 3v3 and some Kelsaik Nest farming so I have some gold for vanity items.

Depending on which server you're playing, TR was still pretty okay, population wise, I could get groups easily on my lowbies alts for CR and NT.

the game is not dead dead, but end game's not as vibrant as it used to be.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
anything new in this lately? I havent played in AGES since I got my lancer to max level, kinda been feeling like playing a bit again, although the slow leveling would surely bore me fast. Sure is pretty tho

Top Bottom