• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Rhaknar, there has been a few minor patches, but in May the new class will be released. The minor patches so far introduced new bg arenas where some players control kuma monsters and the others try to lift some treasure boxes into their home bases. It's silly, and the kuma side is OP but its fun if you get to be the kuma : 3

Also, there was an exclusive mount given away to the 1% of the population. The formula has something to do with how much you've spend in your account, and how much real money you've spent for the game. (and there's some bogus additional line about how much you've contributed to the community). it's a mechanical wolf mount and it comes in gold colours, i think.

... that's about it. but may's just around the corner : 3

Kammie

I'm very saddened to hear today that the GM of Castanic Brotherhood (guild I and a lot of other gaffers left to before the GAF guild ceased to be) was recently murdered in his home.

You can read a little about it on the official forum thread, but there isn't much info: http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/tempest-reach/topics/Castanicas-Loss?page=4#post-1070897

He was a nice guy, very chill, didn't like drama, and was always welcoming to new members and took time out to help people out and guide them. A lot of people looked up to him and respected him. It's a real shame he had to go this way.

RIP, Mayk.

yeah mayk :<

so sad.

i partied with him twice during double drop weekend, and he was really nice. and when anime stepped down from the alliance leadership, he stepped up and led a few fun raids against the other factions.

RIP MAYK.

NeOak

Holy... wow.

That's quite sad. I talked with him a few times, but man, wow.

I'll have to post something later in that thread.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Rhaknar, there has been a few minor patches, but in May the new class will be released. The minor patches so far introduced new bg arenas where some players control kuma monsters and the others try to lift some treasure boxes into their home bases. It's silly, and the kuma side is OP but its fun if you get to be the kuma : 3

Also, there was an exclusive mount given away to the 1% of the population. The formula has something to do with how much you've spend in your account, and how much real money you've spent for the game. (and there's some bogus additional line about how much you've contributed to the community). it's a mechanical wolf mount and it comes in gold colours, i think.

... that's about it. but may's just around the corner : 3

just found out that the new class is elin only... yeah, no. Oh well

Its not a moral thing, I just think the race looks horrible :/

I agree, Rhaknar, and Uthred, about the aesthetics appeal of the Elin. Although i have one char of every race, but yeah the Elin is my least fav. But they gonna give a free lvl 50 of the reaper class, I think, so it might worth the bother to test drive it? Idk.

they gonna up the char slots, too, from 8 to 12.

New class hits tomorrow on NA!

Server merge for EU with Zuras, Balder and Is hara being merged into a new server named Icaruna. Hopefully having a mere two servers in the PvP pool will decrease queue times.

Still, will be logging onto NA tomorrow and having a bit of a fiddle with the reaper class. They start at level 50 and have their own area until 58. Pretty much giving you a free DPS class.

Kammie

It's tempting but I'm not going to give up what I'm currently playing for it (Path of Exile), which is a no-life game that demands my undivided gaming time. I do miss this game and think about it from time to time, though.

Hope the patch is good and that anyone still playing enjoys it.

The perk of playing a lancer. I'm not sure how many will make a full time switch to reaper but I'm sure it won't be too many. I'll definitely roll one on EU too but doubt I'll be masterworking any gear for it.

Nopren

Yeah, on their current twitch-stream it says 20 minutes until reaper launch, I would expect their servers to come up then as well.

Kammie

They have some really sweet mounts on the shop now...

Luckily for me, all my hard drives have less than 5gb free! Couldn't even install if I wanted!

Edit: Nothing's changed, has it? Reading the forums and they're all the same complaints as when I quit nine or so months ago.

Edit 2: Oh wow, they removed the NPC that lets you change your armor template. There's too many poisonous f2p elements pervading this game for my taste now.

INw4Xe3.jpg

But aren't reaper faces so great?

havent been back to check whatever. i thought i'd be more curious than i actually am.

idk. everytime i think of tera and then to actually sign in again now, its just sad how it had been and what it had become.

:<

Kammie

Guess I better buy a crapload of fodder/Xersteel Ingots and make thousands upon thousands of Swift and Savagery scrolls. No reaper on EU yet after all.
I read a few comments from people saying they can't even craft enough potions now with the point limits, so that's what it sounds like you should do.

Disclaimer: I have not played the patch, just stating what I've read. But the forums have a lot of bitter complaints about this stuff.

I used to leave my computer going overnight to craft pots and scrolls, and in the morning it still would be going. And it would be enough to last me 2 months. I seriously couldn't imagine having to craft a small handful each day.

Oh you.

t6l6Sjg.png

So is this game still worth playing? Haven't played since the closed beta stage and want an MMO to jump into.

Probably not.

Most people quit playing and the number of players aren't nearly what they used to be.

But it's free to play now, so you can still give it a try if you want.

Izayoi

Banned
lol "crafting stamina"

I wasn't sure about coming back before, but now I'm positive that I'll never touch the game again.

Such a shame. :|

The majority of the playerbase don't use crafting at all, apart from top tier gear.

Crafting is hardly very important in Year, don't be put off too much.

Koriandrr

So.. just to revive this thread a little - is this game worth playing?

I played it when it came out, got to lvl40 and left it for FFXIV.
Now I'm looking for something new for a while, I see it's been updated quite a bit and I really like the combat.

So.. just to revive this thread a little - is this game worth playing?

I played it when it came out, got to lvl40 and left it for FFXIV.
Now I'm looking for something new for a while, I see it's been updated quite a bit and I really like the combat.

If you have time, why not

Level 40 is a fun stage.

Uthred

How is this game? Any fun?

Combat is excellent, probably the best "action" combat in an MMO, game looks lovely and the monster and enemy design is excellent, story is ok, nothing amazing, nothing terrible. I'd say its definitely worth checking out, with the one caveat that a lot of the classes dont really "get going" until the mid-teens / around 20.

new dungeons are out apparently. and tier 15 gears.

the new 10 man dungeon is very easy, i heard. good for casuals. the new 5 man one is not very hard either. like mcnm level.

i havent been back in though. some of my guildies are returning for a spin and giving me news.

new dungeons are out apparently. and tier 15 gears.

the new 10 man dungeon is very easy, i heard. good for casuals. the new 5 man one is not very hard either. like mcnm level.

i havent been back in though. some of my guildies are returning for a spin and giving me news.

False.

MCNM is more difficult than Rift's Edge Hard Mode though - supposedly. I've only been doing Rift's Edge Normal so far though as I'm still getting gear on the NA version of Tera.

Hopefully we get the patch next week on EU - although I might just move to NA full time at the rate the playerbase is dropping on EU.

False.

MCNM is more difficult than Rift's Edge Hard Mode though - supposedly. I've only been doing Rift's Edge Normal so far though as I'm still getting gear on the NA version of Tera.

Hopefully we get the patch next week on EU - although I might just move to NA full time at the rate the playerbase is dropping on EU.

:O

so its even easier than MCNM???

:OOOOOO

that sucks :<

Top Bottom