• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Well, I guess that solves the question of whether or not I should buy this game.

not now, anyway.

Several of us are not having any problems at all.. but a lot of people are.

Initially they said about 2,000 accounts are affected.. I'm just lucky that mine is not one of them.

The game is fun, but yeah these kinds of issues are just headaches. Kinda weird considering the game has been up in Korea since 2011... not really sure where there's room for so much to go wrong.

Well, it's primarily their billing system.. which is not the same as the one in Korea..

It is looking like they should have just left the servers down until they fixed the problem the other day instead of trying to bring them back online..

I would be genuinely surprised if they don't compensate people who were affected for the trouble..

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Sure, why not? If you're already on the fence about a game to begin with and you start hearing about wide spread headache inducing account issues, why is it silly to hold off on a purchase.
It only seems widespread because the people who can play the game are playing it right now.

Knuckleruckamus

Neo Member
It only seems widespread because the people who can play the game are playing it right now.

Yeah, no idea if it's widespread. From what the take-with-a-grain-of-salt chatter is saying, there are certain payment variables in play, including purchase date.

E: Also, for what it's worth I just received notice that they're crediting me a few days so I can play while they resolve the issue, which is pretty decent of them.

Ichabod

Banned
I was really hoping to do some more leveling on my sorcerer this evening but it's looking less and less likely. After tonight, I most likely won't get a chance to log back in until Tuesday. Feels bad man.

Damn I experienced a crash when I tried to complete a quest.

There was a cutscene but I couldn't see it because it crashed when loading it, so I'm quite pissed...but upon my return in game I just saw I LOST another quest from my log...
"The Beginning of his Notorious Reputation", which is received automatically in Cultists' refuge is now gone from my log, and i can't get it back.

I opened a ticket with Frogster support, I really hope they'll get back to me tomorrow and that they'll be able to recover my character or give me the quest back...

In the meantime I stopped playing to ensure there's not much difference in my character on their server compared to before the crash, maybe it'll facilitate recovery...

AIRic

Just bought it and it doesn't show in my game account... They are saying on the site that they're working on it, but damn that sucks. I wanted to play all night, since I don't have anything planned for tomorrow morning... :(

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
You know, originally, I was upset that I wasn't going to be able to power through to 60. Looking back on it, I'm REALLY enjoying the slow grind up to 60. I'm not in any rush, and being a Lancer means I don't HAVE to rush. Really excited about that!

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Hit 41 tonight. Been questing with a Lancer and it's been fast as hell.

Can any of you guys who are either higher, or who played KTera tell me where the ore after normetal spawns? I think it's shadmetal. Can't find any at all.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
yep, hundreds of thousands now affected by subscription issue

5/3/12 the day TERA lost all of its subs

Cool, I'm enjoying the game though so sucks for everyone else, I don't know the cause exactly. But I am using a retail disc copy. There was a post on the forums on how to fix it btw. I'm sure they will have it taken care of in a day or two for everyone else with out having to do a work around. You seem like the moaning type though from earlier post. *when things turn negative*

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Hit 41 tonight. Been questing with a Lancer and it's been fast as hell.

Can any of you guys who are either higher, or who played KTera tell me where the ore after normetal spawns? I think it's shadmetal. Can't find any at all.

As a Lancer, I think having one tank in a level party makes a sick difference. Even a Lancer Lancer combo is insane! :)

Soo...

Got C2Q 9550 2.8 ghz

gtx 460

4 gb ram.

Should I be able to play this at a solid frame?

TOR has made me lose a bit of confidence with mmos these days (I know it's horribly optimized, but still).

Izayoi

Banned
Soo...

Got C2Q 9550 2.8 ghz

gtx 460

4 gb ram.

Should I be able to play this at a solid frame?

TOR has made me lose a bit of confidence with mmos these days (I know it's horribly optimized, but still).
You will be more than okay. I ran the game on max settings with a Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 2.1GHz and a 4890 over a year ago, and it's only more optimized now. TOR runs like shit because it's on a shitty engine and has shitty developers, both of which are not the case here.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
TERA_ScreenShot_20120503_171733.png

TERA_ScreenShot_20120503_172141.png

I'm scared

Ricker

Yes, I am.

Then just hit a key on your keyboard every 5 or 10 minutes,the problem is that something thinks the game is idle since its not seeing the controller(or you are afk if you want after a while and wants to auto log you out)...just hit G for example to praise the guild ;)

hyelife

I have pulled the trigger and purchased Tera Collectors Edition. Currently game is downloading at home but I'm stuck at work :(

Which class and server you guys recommend?

Been really tempted to get this game, but with diablo 3 around the corner, I'm not sure. Hum..

terrible time for launch, i would have bought the game, hands down no questions asked at any other time.

I hope the game does well for them i really do. As i'd love to sink my teeth into the game later on in the year.

Knuckleruckamus

Neo Member
I have pulled the trigger and purchased Tera Collectors Edition. Currently game is downloading at home but I'm stuck at work :(

Which class and server you guys recommend?

Definitely depends what you like to play. I'm having a lot of fun with Slayer and it has the upside of being relatively decent for solo-ing and easy to get used to.

EDarkness

not now, anyway.

Several of us are not having any problems at all.. but a lot of people are.

Initially they said about 2,000 accounts are affected.. I'm just lucky that mine is not one of them.

My subscription date is all kinds of messed up. I sent in my ticket, so hopefully it get fixed soon. Apparently they didn't have this issue fixed as of yesterday, since that's when I added in my CE code.

Visceir

So wait, what guild is everyone in on VoT? Is everyone scattered all around?

Hit lvl 53, got my gloves and boots and armor upgraded to lvl 53 ones, still rocking my good ol' lvl 50 golden sword though. I don't really get why people said not to enchant until max level, I'm definitely thinking it's worth enchanting if you get a decent gear piece. I usually skip one tier and then enchant again the next tier.

Edit: Oh and Kaiator looks freakin awesome. That industrial setting in snow, makes me think of the beginning of FF VI

vaelic

Banned

Hit lvl 53, got my gloves and boots and armor upgraded to lvl 53 ones, still rocking my good ol' lvl 50 golden sword though. I don't really get why people said not to enchant until max level, I'm definitely thinking it's worth enchanting if you get a decent gear piece. I usually skip one tier and then enchant again the next tier.

Edit: Oh and Kaiator looks freakin awesome. That industrial setting in snow, makes me think of the beginning of FF VI
come to dragonfall. thats where most of us are

Gvaz

Banned

Because you're gonna keep the item until the next tier, so it's a waste of money to kill something 5% faster for 10 hours tops

Izayoi

Banned
Because you're gonna keep the item until the next tier, so it's a waste of money to kill something 5% faster for 10 hours tops
Pretty much. There's zero reason to enchant low-level gear, unless you've already got a capped toon and have shitloads of money to piss away.

Scum

There's no need for me to be buggering around SM @ lvl 31, is there...?
I should just move on, right...?

What th- @ Gvaz. What's he done to get banned??

Visceir

As I said, I don't change gear every tier but every other tier.

If I just stuck to non-enchanted gear I'd be missing out on the +4 crit from gloves and all sorts of other neat stats. My enchanted sword still has higher atk than the non-enchanted higher tier weapons by far.

...and I still have 1900 g. Enchanting seems actually rather cheap to me.

jiien

The majority of us are in the Believe GAF guild. There are a few others that are in other guilds. In general the majority of gaffers playing TERA did go to Dragonfall though.

Xiaoki

Pretty much. There's zero reason to enchant low-level gear, unless you've already got a capped toon and have shitloads of money to piss away.
Enchanting to +3 is nothing and usually only takes 4 or 5 white grade items but enchanting to +6 is ridiculous.

I enchanted a gold weapon from hard mode Akasha's Hideout to +6 and it took like 300 gold(buying the least expensive blues from Trade Broker) and about 20 failed attempts to go from +4 to +6.

I shudder to think at how many gold items it will take to enchant to +12.

Trickster

Seriously, what is up with my fucking pc?

No matter what, I can't get the get to run at more than 30fps unless i practially turn the preset down to something like 1. Same goes for a lot of other games, I seem to be getting pretty shitty performance out of my pc.

Specs are:

i5 2500k processor.
8gb ram
7850 ATI ( 12.4 driver )
7200rpm sata hdd
windows 7 pro
Z68 asrock extreme4 gen3 motherboard
650 watt power supply

There should be no way I'm getting sub 30 fps at something like preset 3 in the video option right?

Currently figuring I'll just reinstall windows and hopefully that will somehow fix it. But if there are any tech savy tera player in here, I'd love some guesses as to what the problem could be

Maybe not the right topic for this, but goddamn it's frustrating to spend money on new pc components and not get anywhere near the performance you want for no apparent reason.

2San

Seriously, what is up with my fucking pc?

No matter what, I can't get the get to run at more than 30fps unless i practially turn the preset down to something like 1. Same goes for a lot of other games, I seem to be getting pretty shitty performance out of my pc.
The performance for me is 30+ fps though most of the time on maxed setting, since lowering the details doesn't do shit. I don't mind playing a bit uglier if it means a solid 60fps, but it's either shit or amazing at an unstable framerate. Preset 0 and 1 caps me at a constant 80 fps though(why this random framecap?).

My specs are:
2500k @ 4,3GHz
8GB ram
Ati HD6950(flashed to 6970) 12.1 driver
Samsung 830 SSD
p8p67 motherboard

Trickster

I have the exact same problem here, it's still annoying me. The performance for me is 30+ fps though most of the time on maxed setting, since lowering the details doesn't do shit. Preset 1 and 2 caps me at a constant 80 fps though(why this random framecap?).

My specs are:
2500k @ 4,3GHz
8GB ram
Ati HD6950(flashed to 6970) 12.1 driver
Samsung 830 SSD
p8p67 motherboard

Preset 0 doesnt even give me 50 :/

NeOak

you need to optimize the S1Engine.ini to get rid of that cap.

I got a 2x 6850, and i get more that 30fps with 12.4. Also, Crossfire doesn't work, so its basically a lone 6850 doing it all.

Top Bottom