• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Gala

Does anyone has a spare EU buddy key left? I would be really happy to get one. Want to test the game before I buy it.

And is there any class similar to the WoW Paladin? Some Melee Healer Hybrid or some class with summons?

vaelic

Banned
Man, I forgot about the crystals breaking on death. I had a huge stream of deaths at one point when I was in an area slightly higher than my level...I had some bro crystals, too.

That whole experience encouraged me to start leveling alchemy. :p

To be honest, the only thing I wish us Believe members did was talk and group more. NEED MORE GROUPING! ;)

saw a lot of talking and grouping last night. the leaders of the guild need to promote things more in chat IMO

MMO and Tera beginner question: if I just want to chat with the guild, do I just hit enter then type the message and enter again while in the guild only chat window? I did that last night and I just saw a message bubble over my char and nothing in the guild chat window.

Tess3ract

Banned
Does anyone has a spare EU buddy key left? I would be really happy to get one. Want to test the game before I buy it.

And is there any class similar to the WoW Paladin? Some Melee Healer Hybrid or some class with summons?
Mystic has summons. There's no tanking/healer hybrid though.

MMO and Tera beginner question: if I just want to chat with the guild, do I just hit enter then type the message and enter again while in the guild only chat window? I did that last night and I just saw a message bubble over my char and nothing in the guild chat window.
write /g press space, then begin typing whatever you want to say

next time you want to say something in guild, just press enter and it will automatically go to the last thing you entered.

You can tell what you're sending things to based on the color of the text, as well

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
saw a lot of talking and grouping last night. the leaders of the guild need to promote things more in chat IMO

Oh believe me, I'm trying! ;) I'm always asking if anyone is questing or wants to quest in the zones I'm in. I love helping others out and really want to keep the guild active and engaging!

Visceir

You can press the bottom left part and pick which channel you want to type in. Using left and right arrows to switch between channels works quite well too.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

/g is guild
/a is area
/s is local/say (just the people nearby)
/r is reply (or you can just hit the letter r) to latest whisper
/p is party

Also, hitting alt allows you to get free control over your mouse. You can select your chat tab from there. I changed my party tab (the second one?) to have guild, party, and whispers ONLY. General tab (the first) has everything: exp, money, chats of all sorts, etc.

EXAMPLES for the MMO newb!

Hit enter to get to your chat window and type:

/g Hi guildies!

This sends a message to the guild only!

/a Anyone doing <Don't Look Now!>?

This sends a chat to the area asking if anyone is doing a certain quest! You can use ctrl+left click to link an item or quest into chat.

/p Pulling boss in 3....2....1...

This tells your party that you're pulling the boss... ;)

Not trying to dumb it down TOO much, but since you said you don't get chat...why not? :)

Riptwo

I took on that giant spider a couple of times yesterday, which was great fun. The first time, I decided to investigate the giant named rock by hitting it with my sword, which ended in tragedy. I went back for revenge, and a passing sorcerer joined my group and helped me take it down. He died half way through the fight and I had to try to survive while he ran back to the battle from Lumbertown.

Victory was sweet, and then my comrade turned on outlaw mode and decided to gank two other nearby players. I felt bad for abandoning my newfound friend to a losing 2-on-1 battle, so I went red as well and helped him out. I now feel eternally guilty.

I've been thinking of starting a PvP character this weekend or soon. As someone who has NO experience playing PvP in an MMO (plus limited MMO experience), any general tips?

EvaTType01

Neo Member
okay, im so glad i got the cables, game does not skip anymore, wireless sucks.

any list of emotes? /wave lol

also, how do i join gaf on dragonfall? do i have to say anything on the msg apllication? is there a miniumum lvl cap when joining? this is kinda/sorta my 3rd mmo, so i have no clue what BOL stands for.....

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

also, how do i join gaf on dragonfall? do i have to say anything on the msg apllication? is there a miniumum lvl cap when joining? this is kinda/sorta my 3rd mmo, so i have no clue what BOL stands for.....

BoL = Bastion of Lok, the first instance at level 20.

No minimum level cap!

Search for "Guilds on Server" for the guild Believe. We should actually be on the first page now! Don't forget to hit the "Praise" button every day you log in! Keeps us "popular" haha.

Absol

/love is the only real emote.

Dizzy-4U

Dragonfall GAF recruiting technique. For shame GAF, for shame!!! :p

tera2012-05-0404-35-4iyjcc.png

mik83kuu

Banned
Sorry for being a silly noob and not reading the thread, but is there a way to try this without bying? I'd be down for an MMO and I like the boobs in this game, but I'd rather not pay monies until I've tried it.

Takuya

Banned
Sorry for being a silly noob and not reading the thread, but is there a way to try this without bying? I'd be down for an MMO and I like the boobs in this game, but I'd rather not pay monies until I've tried it.

You missed out on open beta man!

Dragonfall GAF recruiting technique. For shame GAF, for shame!!! :p

tera2012-05-0404-35-4iyjcc.png
Ahhh, first time I see your characters... I need to really catch up.. But so occupied on my other server! =(

jiien

It's my fault sometimes; we talk and goof around in party chat all day long, so guild chat sometimes is barren and silent. Jaybles knows what I'm talking about.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Enjoying it so far, taking a bit for me to get used to the control, usually hit skills with the cursor is most games. Got a new keyboard and mouse coming (Corsair Vengeance M90 and Corsair Vengeance K90) so don't want to get to used to my tiny ms arc keyboard.

Noob question, picked up the CE were do you get the digital stuff? Is it like swtor and it's mailed to you? Haven't fount a mailbox as of yet (only lvl 5), just fount a shop.

Noob question, picked up the CE were do you get the digital stuff? Is it like swtor and it's mailed to you? Haven't fount a mailbox as of yet (only lvl 5), just fount a shop.

All you need to do is access the TERA menu once you’ve started a character, click on activities, then item claim, and finally account items. Now you’ll see your designated items, simply select them and click use at the bottom of the page to place them in your inventory.
That should do you.

hyelife

Took me an hour to create a new character last night because of an error I kept on getting (atleast I mastered the character creation system :D).
After finally creating my character, warrior class, I stepped into the world of Tera. Graphics are gorgeous and really enjoyable to explore. I only had time to play for an hour before I went to sleep so other then a few beginning quests and messing around with the battle system I didn't do much else in the game. Looking forward to putting some more time in the game before I give it my thoughts.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Tanked Necro Tomb with out tank glyphs in offensive stance. Was hilarious, 28k crits. Best tank ever. *we had no deaths btw* xD Time to delete my warrior.

Ricker

The crystals on your weapon and armor break on death??? damn,I'm only level 20 and I saw a Basilik,level 20, so I said what the hell, I will try it(in front of about 10 people near the first time you get the quest to get eggs and the like from them)and I died after a while,only bringing it down to 80% lol,no one helped me :p...at least someone resurected me though hehe...

Doing the Tuwangi area now,man I love that place,crazy frog statues,drum frogs,etc etc...weird but cool stuff hehe.

The crystals on your weapon and armor break on death??? damn,I'm only level 20 and I saw a Basilik,level 20, so I said what the hell, I will try it(in front of about 10 people near the first time you get the quest to get eggs and the like from them)and I died after a while,only bringing it down to 80% lol,no one helped me :p...at least someone resurected me though hehe...

Doing the Tuwangi area now,man I love that place,crazy frog statues,drum frogs,etc etc...weird but cool stuff hehe.

i think the crystals break from the bottom up. i'm not positive on that though.

T.O.P

Banned
Played for like 5 hours and got lv16 with my Sorcerer, i'm loving this class (played Warrior and Berserker in CB)

Dps-wise is crazy, i take down things in half time then before and i'm loving the variety of skills that i can already use in a fight...really really fun

Also got shocked how well they optimized the game, was getting a 20 max 30 fps with the beta, now maxed out and 50-60 fps always stable

<3 TERA

iuAgsOSMJdSxy.bmp

Also joined the Potato Guild, small group of guys from Norway, gonna be a good weekend

vaelic

Banned
Played for like 5 hours and got lv16 with my Sorcerer, i'm loving this class (played Warrior and Berserker in CB)

Dps-wise is crazy, i take down things in half time then before and i'm loving the variety of skills that i can already use in a fight...really really fun

Also got shocked how well they optimized the game, was getting a 20 max 30 fps with the beta, now maxed out and 50-60 fps always stable

<3 TERA

iuAgsOSMJdSxy.bmp

Also joined the Potato Guild, small group of guys from Norway, gonna be a good weekend
why wouklndt you join the gaf guild?

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
May I have a guild invite for the PvE server? Name is Darsh.

You have to apply in game first, then they can accept your application. I think it is under social -> guild on server -> search "Believe".

You also required to be Elin, and willing to roleplay
jk

Izayoi

Banned
i think the crystals break from the bottom up. i'm not positive on that though.
It's random. Every crystal, upon death, has a small percentage chance to break. Theoretically, if you were the unluckiest person on the planet, you could lose 12 crystals at once - although the chances of that happening are astronomically low.

cripterion

Am I still able to play this game on EU servers from Japan?

Have no games to play besides Battlefield 3 and the wait for Diablo 3 to eventually wait for Guild Wars 2 is killing me.

Top Bottom