• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Texas ex-mall cop advises citizens of use deadly force to defend Confederate statues.

tbm24

Ummmmmmmmmm, so if someone throws an egg at my window I can just shoot them? Or does my window not having a sticker of the stars and bars make it not count?

Keasar

Okay and if a random stranger comes at you with a gun while you're destroying a statue celebrating horrible people, shoot immediately back, it's self-defence at that point.

He forgets that the idiotic second amendment goes both ways...

Good job siccing civilian people at each other when everyone has fucking guns. Nice police work keeping the peace.

so murder someone, then position their corpse near a confederate statue at night when no one's around and say they were trying to destroy it

thanks Texas! a great way to get rid of enemies!

Malvolio

"I am posting this as a public service announcement."

Until the public actually reads it, and then I'm pulling it down ASAP.

TyrantII

Now would probably be a good time to point out that Nazis and the KKK have actively been trying to push "sleeper agents" into public positions that could be a bridge to their more vile rhetoric.

It's working.

Shadybiz

No. Not even in Texas. This guy needs to receive the absolute ultimate police internal punishment: two weeks paid vacation and a supportive tweet from the president.

Yep, that'll learn him.

Seriously, can we at least make sure that our police actually know the law? That doesn't seem like too much to ask.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Ummmmmmmmmm, so if someone throws an egg at my window I can just shoot them? Or doesn't my window not having a sticker of the stars and bars make it not count?
These days with Stand Your Ground? In Texas? Probably.

Especially if you're white and they're a minority.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
The comments are predictable. Including a guy who mockingly cries "racist" in a topic where race isn't mentioned once. Lot of Americans really hate black people but hate being called racist. Like, you know you ARE racist, so why do you get such genuine indignation when called out on it?

cameron

kS39vls.png

https://twitter.com/McKinneyPolice/status/899644800797859840

http://www.inquisitr.com/4442669/fi...force-be-used-against-people-harming-statues/

https://www.facebook.com/mckinneypolice/?hc_location=ufi

Apparently he's not even a police officer or a police instructor, just a mall rent-a-cop who teaches a concealed carry course.

edit: Not to give the impression it would change much if he really was a cop instead of just fantasizing about being a cop... Complex interpretation of the law is the responsibility of lawyers who undergo academic and professional training to do so. Being a cop just means you graduated a community college level program and understand some procedural aspects around enforcing laws. Not even remotely comparable.

Oppo

I guess the statues really are the horocruxs of the republicans.

quickly someone put a hoodie, sagging pants and black face on a statue. the cops will shoot it.

I actually really like this idea. all you need is the hoodie.

i like it even better than putting white flags in all the statues hands because your method works for busts of assholes too

so murder someone, then position their corpse near a confederate statue at night when no one's around and say they were trying to destroy it

thanks Texas! a great way to get rid of enemies!

There are easier ways in the US. Just phone the cops saying there's an intruder, have the person you want dead standing outside, cops kill him/her on sight.

vypek

The comments are predictable. Including a guy who mockingly cries "racist" in a topic where race isn't mentioned once. Lot of Americans really hate black people but hate being called racist. Like, you know you ARE racist, so why do you get such genuine indignation when called out on it?

Yep. Nothing surprising. A ton of comments filled with garbage. Although there was one that actually mentioned how its ridiculous to kill someone over a statue. But there was more support for the replying comments that disagreed with that and I think also one telling someone else to move to California if they don't like it. Lol.

At least there was someone commenting that thought it was odd to kill for a statue.

https://www.facebook.com/mckinneypolice/?hc_location=ufi

Apparently he's not even a police officer or a police instructor, just a mall rent-a-cop who teaches a concealed carry course.

edit: Not to give the impression it would change much if he really was a cop instead of just fantasizing about being a cop... Complex interpretation of the law is the responsibility of lawyers who undergo academic and professional training to do so. Being a cop just means you graduated a community college level program and understand some procedural aspects around enforcing laws. Not even remotely comparable.

lol

theaface

you can defend it by force during the day with deadly force at night.

Pardon my ignorance as a UK citizen, but is this actually a thing? As in the amount of force that is deemed fair/proportionate increases at night? If so, what time does night officially start? Does it start later in the summer??

Sounds like some Purge-level nonsense to me.

Might wanna change the title, right?
Since it's not a cop, which, imo, would be worse.

Pardon my ignorance as a UK citizen, but is this actually a thing? As in the amount of force that is deemed fair/proportionate increases at night? If so, what time does night officially start? Does it start later in the summer??

Sounds like some Purge-level nonsense to me.
This was posted by some racist wannabe cop. Fairly certain it's utter crap.

R0ckman

Its cognitive dissonance.

UberTag

Ummmmmmmmmm, so if someone throws an egg at my window I can just shoot them? Or doesn't my window not having a sticker of the stars and bars make it not count?
Not unless your window is a confederate monument.
Or if the perpetrator is black... then you're in the clear, too. Although it may help to join your local police force first... as a precaution.

Blader

Because people are conditioned to hate the word racist but not the behavior that justifies being labeled a racist.

Top Bottom