• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Texas Police Officer Kills Puppy on Video :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobLoblaw

Banned
If you can get off for killing humans, there's no way killing an animal would ever amount to anything more than "sensitivity training" anyway. >:|

If you can get off for killing humans, there's no way killing an animal would ever amount to anything more than "sensitivity training" anyway. >:|

This. I don't know why anyone is shocked no charges were brought against the cop.

If cops can get away with riddling innocent people full of holes because they looked at the police officer wrong...why would anyone think a cop will be punished for shooting a puppy?

No way in hell I'm actually watching this, but why the fuck would you shoot a puppy. Even if it is being aggressive, even extremely aggressive, why can't you just use pepper spray or kick it in the nose or something?

If you're simultaneously having to deal with other things like an aggressive owner or something it might be justified, but it seems like cops have a lot of ways to deal with a dog before shooting it.

And wtf is this 'paid leave' bullshit? How on earth is that a type of punishment?

"Yeah, go home, put your feet up and relax, doing whatever the fuck you want...AND get paid for it! That'll teach you!".

are people on gaf really that densed? it's not a punishment. They get put on paid leave while the city investigates.

you got an issue with it? blame the police union.

the shooting is fucked up, but should the owners not be charged for allowing their 3 pitbull dogs out into the public?

are people on gaf really that densed? it's not a punishment. They get put on paid leave while the city investigates.

you got an issue with it? blame the police union.

the shooting is fucked up, but should the owners not be charged for allowing their 3 pitbull dogs out into the public?

they didn't "allow" them. they got loose. dogs get loose all the time.

ISOM

I honestly think police officers should get intense psych evaluations before they are able to get a gun and badge. There are too many psychopaths as officers honestly.

lemmykoopa

It's hard to see how big the dog is in the video. Is a 6 month old pitbull already dangerous if it gets aggressive? Do they have a lot of strength already at that age?

they didn't "allow" them. they got loose. dogs get loose all the time.

no they don't if these people are responsible owners. or did dogs learn to open fences now?

considering how many stories you hear of pitbull biting people, i can see why the initial 911 caller was afraid.

the owners should be charged with public endangerment at least

Fjordson

Absolute scum. Shit like makes zero sense to me.

also lmao @ people defending this in even the most minute way possible. Fucking insane.

lemmykoopa

What if the dog that the cop confronted ran away from the cop and bit a small child that was playing outside in the face a few minutes later? What would people then say? I'm not saying the cop did the right thing. But it's a difficult situation. Let us just not forget that there are a lot of incidents with these types of dogs in the us, a lot which don't end well, especially if kids are involved.

The video looks bad but everyone forgets that these were aggressive dogs that probably would have bitten innocent people had they not been able to hide in a car.

Even if the cop didnt shoot those dogs, they deserved to be put down, imo.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
The video looks bad but everyone forgets that these were aggressive dogs that probably would have bitten innocent people had they not been able to hide in a car.

FPqoExG.gif

minx

Hard for anyone to defend that.

You would think people would understand what paid leave is. An investigation is being done. Calm down people no matter what an officer does there is almost always paid leave until investigation is completed.

Fjordson

What if the dog that the cop confronted ran away from the cop and bit a small child that was playing outside in the face a few minutes later? What would people then say? I'm not saying the cop did the right thing. But it's a difficult situation. Let us just not forget that there are a lot of incidents with these types of dogs in the us, a lot which don't end well, especially if kids are involved.
Wow.

Probably gonna earn a ban if I don't get this thread out of my subs asap. Peace brehs.

minx

Just once I'd like to read a story about a cop admitting they made a huge mistake killing someone or something and being actually remorseful about it.

But nah, they stay lying and trying to cover shit up. Fucking gang of psychopaths paid for with tax dollars. I fucking hate the police.

Google is your friend. But you are too dense to do that. Instead you would rather spread your ignorance. I fucking hate people like you.

MCee

I love how a cop's first instinct is always bang, bang, bang, kill a non-threat, and get a paid vacation. You'd think "law enforcement" training would include how to properly deal with an animal, but then again they don't know how to respect human lives so nothing out of the ordinary here. It's comin' right for us!

You see these types of people all of the time whether it be a cop who doesn't deserve to be on patrol or any random citizen who cowers in fear at any dog bigger than a chihuahua. Any loose animal would be a "threat" to the wrong person. With proper instincts and training a situation like this can be resolved quite quickly and with no injury or dare I say death.

Quick draw officers are coming to the forefront of mainstream and social media with new ways of being exposed on camera and the times will not let these scum keep walking free after murder.

Common sense, training and restraint. Use them you POS

Are you joking?

Fuck that fucking pos cop. God damn, he needs to be fired at the very least. Fucking cop unions won't let him though. Jesus Christ, I'm mad at this. If that were my dog, I'd be out for fucking blood. Ugh.

Yeah, I agree. We can't blame cops for murdering everything to make sure no one gets killed.

Wut?

slit

Okay I'm not watching that video, but can someone explain to me how an adult male's life could be in danger from a puppy, even if it was Pit Bull?

params7

Banned
Lets see officers convicted for killing innocent humans and then we can be surprised about no charges for killing animals.

Okay I'm not watching that video, but can someone explain to me how an adult male's life could be in danger from a puppy, even if it was Pit Bull?

have you seen the video? it's not a puppy. it's a full size dog. The only puppy here is that it was less than 1 years old

Are you joking?

Fuck that fucking pos cop. God damn, he needs to be fired at the very least. Fucking cop unions won't let him though. Jesus Christ, I'm mad at this. If that were my dog, I'd be out for fucking blood. Ugh.

No, I'm not kidding. Any dog that is aggressive and bites or attempts to bite a person who didn't provoke it is a walking time bomb imo.

yes actually.

brave my ass. he's a punk simple as that.

Except that isn't reasonable. So for starters, when the question is asked "what's wrong with him?" you could start with saying he is unreasonable and is poor at assessing danger. He shouldn't be a cop, but that isn't what makes him the way he is.

then don't ask a question full of assumptions if you haven't seen the video?

it's a grown dog. not a puppy if you're thinking of a 4" cute puppy wagging its tail

it's literally a puppy

dog is 6 months old and the puppy stage doesn't end until 2 years at a minimum

also you can barely see the dog in the actual video, but even so it doesn't look like a "full grown dog" to me

if this was any other breed you wouldn't be defending this

it's literally a puppy

also you can barely see the dog in the actual video, but even so it doesn't look like a "full grown dog" to me

Yes he would, there is a defense force for EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING

Chiggs

I honestly think police officers should get intense psych evaluations before they are able to get a gun and badge. There are too many psychopaths as officers honestly.

That's how it currently works. Then again, your definition of intense might be different.

it's literally a puppy

look at the photo that appeared in it. you can see the photo of the "puppy". the only thing puppy about it is the naming convention.

if this was other breeds, they wouldn't be that size at 6 months, except for the larger-breed dog, which i wouldn't be defending either.

this 6 month puppy is a big dog.

Puppy
The_Puppy.jpg

Anyway, this si going away from my original point in that the owner should be held responsible for their dogs being loose in the neighborhood

look at the photo that appeared in it. you can see the photo of the "puppy". the only thing puppy about it is the naming convention.

if this was other breeds, they wouldn't be that size at 6 months, except for the larger-breed dog, which i wouldn't be defending either.

this 6 month puppy is a big dog

So the dog deserved to die just because it's big? Even though it showed no signs of aggression? Jesus fucking Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom