• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TGS 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

Here's something I'd love to see that no one has mentioned - a new Boku no Natsuyasumi, for the PS4 preferably. Or Boku no Fuyuyasumi, if Kaz Ayabe's recent comments about wanting to make a game with a female lead set in winter are anything to go by. I think a new installment in that series is long overdue by now. And this time, with enough social media campaigning, we could probably get it released in the west as well.

I mean, just look at how pretty the PS3 entry was...
Stop saying things like that, would absolutely love it to happen even though it probably won't. :(

I think things have been pretty in Japan so far with the new consoles so I'm half expecting this to be a really good show.

What I want to see. I come with low expectations:

- jRPG from Studio Japan (Sony), 2016
- Level 5, Ni No Kuni 2 with slightly older cast, proper ally AI and tons of options/customizations, 2016
- Atlus, new AAA IP, 2017
- Persona 5, NA 2015 release
- .Hack open world, VR 2016
- Sword Art online open world, VR 2017
- FFXV 2016 and actual fucking date
- KH3, 2016
- DQXI, 2016 including dat localization
- Setsuna jRPG, 2016
- new Mana game, 2017
- SEGA action or jRPG, 2016
- SEGA action or jRPG2, 2017
- Deep Down, 2016
- Monster Hunter PS4, 2017
- Devil May Cry 5, 2016
- Resident Evil 7, 2017
- Metal Gear Rising 2, by Platinum, 2016
- Tekken 7, 2016
- Soul Calibur, 2016
- SquareEnix VR, 2016
- Capcom VR, 2016
- Bandai VR, 2016
- SEGA VR, 2016
- indie VR 2-6 new games, 2016

I think that might qualify as a solid showing from Japan.

COLONY WARESU
not really ;)

GT7 needs to appear soon.
Hot Shots PS4
Gravity Rush 2 (Vita/PS4)
Sony JRPG Project would be very nice!

Hopefully we get some more magaton announcement for PS4. Last year DQ Heroes was the biggest. This year, with DQXI out of the way, I expect something bigger.

salromano

Stop saying things like that, would absolutely love it to happen even though it probably won't. :(

I think things have been pretty in Japan so far with the new consoles so I'm half expecting this to be a really good show.

Well, in Scroll issue 10, which was published in June 2013, the creator of the series and boss of Millenium Kitchen said:

“That’s actually something I want to do in the future,” Ayabe said when asked about the possibility of a new entry for PlayStation 4. “However, I don’t want to do that without practicing, so I feel like I want a ‘practice’ title. If I could come up with a plan for a good practice title like that, then I would do it.”

Their last game was Attack of the Friday Monsters which also came out in 2013, so they unfortunately never got around to doing a "practice title" since that comment was published. Haven't heard a peep from them since. Hopefully Ayabe's dropped the practice thing and is doing something Boku no Natsuyasumi-related now.

I don't know if that was sarcasm but man I would totally be down for Ni No Kuni 2!

Zero sarcasm dude; it would legitimately be one of the best things announced at TGS in my eyes.

Yeah, it hurts to think that Sony could be fully done with Boku no Natsuyasumi now. I try to remain optimistic though and hope that Millennium Kitchen are knuckling down on a new installment right now, or a new IP with major similarities to the series. What has that dev even been up to since Attack of the Friday Monsters anyway? Seems like they've been really quiet ever since.

I predict Acquiescence will lose his shit if its not at TGS and call it the next TL... Oh wait that already happened at E3 ;)

Im just joking Acquiescence.

Yosp already said he played Gravity Rush 2 and the next project from Sucker Punch. Seems like they are just waiting for the right event to show off Gravity Rush 2.

Popsickles

Hopefully we will see something of Gran turismo we know its in the works it just would be nice to see what Kaz can do with PS4

Its weird

I wanna joke about Shenmue 3, tlg, or ffvii remake being announced there but i cant....

Wtf... i guess i can joke about Wild Arms 6?

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
So now with the holy trilogy revealed at E3, the next things I'm hoping for are a Skies of Arcadia 2 and also to see if anything will ever come out of the Arc the Lad trademark re-registering or the hints at a potential new Wild Arms.

I predict Acquiescence will lose his shit if its not at TGS and call it the next TL... Oh wait that already happened at E3 ;)

Im just joking Acquiescence.

Yosp already said he played Gravity Rush 2 and the next project from Sucker Punch. Seems like they are just waiting for the right event to show off Gravity Rush 2.

Every day that goes by without a Gravity Rush 2 reveal only justifies my GR2/TLG thread even more.

deep inside i'm crying

Lucreto

I thought it was a little early for this thread. Well over a month until TGS.

Sony usually makes all its announcement in a pre-TGS event. Do we have a date yet?

I really want a new Suikoden but I am not expecting it.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Also I think SE will show KH3, specifically a Frozen level... Japan (as well as the rest of the world) would lose their shit at that methinks...

Shin-Ra

What was that TGS PS4 game that looked a bit like Zelda (stubby character, sword, hearts) and MediEvil with platforming and traps?

I'm most looking forward to Gravity DAZE and The Last Guardian of course, maybe something on the FFVII Remaster, LEVEL-5's missed E3 announcement and The Tomorrow Children.

What was that TGS PS4 game that looked a bit like Zelda (stubby character, sword, hearts) and MediEvil with platforming and traps?

I'm most looking forward to Gravity DAZE and The Last Guardian of course, maybe something on the FFVII Remaster, LEVEL-5's missed E3 announcement and The Tomorrow Children.

YS?

FluxWaveZ

I thought it was a little early for this thread. Well over a month until TGS.

Sony usually makes all its announcement in a pre-TGS event. Do we have a date yet?

The impetus for me was today's English press release about the TGS 2015 keynotes. With that and the potential that we'll be getting the SCEJ conference date soon enough along with other news, I think it's as good a time as any to have a focused thread on this.

Inferno Climber?

Some Nobody

Wait, Verendus isn't banned but hasn't posted in a month?? Weird.

Well, he did say he'd kind of given us "enough" as far as projects go. Though I think that was more "new" projects rather than informing us about existing ones. That, or he's irked by being banned (understandable), but he doesn't seem that kind of fellow.

Predictions:

- Star Ocean 5 Info (and release date, though I think it'll be 2016 now)
- Final Fantasy XV
- World of Final Fantasy (high chance, since it has to make its JP debut, but who knows if we'll get more gameplay footage or not)
- Dragon Quest XI (low percentage on this one since they just showed it off)
- More on that SaGa Vita game, which I'm betting is now PS4/Vita
- A Mana game that is probably PS4/Vita as well.
- Parasite Eve 3 (betting this is Toriyama's game)
- The J-RPGs Sony's supposed to be working on. This is the last place they COULD be, so bet on seeing them here.
- More about Falcom's newest Ys title
- Tales of Berseria likely gets a full blowout here
- If its not one of Sony's game, Level-5's title makes an appearance here.
- SEGA's console game
- The rumored Front Mission could pop up here.
- FF12 HD remake

There's a lot of S-E titles here, so I'm kinda doubting Square can show all of these, since they'll need stuff for later. Still, if TGS is disappointing it's definitely no one's fault but game developers this year--there's more than enough content to make it just as hype as E3 was.

Rymuth

I wonder if Level-5 will show more of Snackworld? I have a *really* good feeling about that game.

By that, I mean it's going to milk our wallets dry with buying those keychains

If Deep Down isn't at TGS im calling it vaporware.

Also Capcom lets go with Capcom vs Sony.

Something's gone hideously wrong with Deep Down. I don't think Capcom knows what the hell they want to accomplish with it anymore. If it does eventually see the light of day (hey oh!), I'm willing to bet it won't be a F2P title anymore.

Alo0oy

Banned
Capcom needs to bring their S tier game because their last few events have been absolutely dismal.

Deep Down looked so good, I have high hopes for that game. I know some people are upset about the game being F2P, but being F2P also ensures a healthy population for the game, as long as Capcom doesn't nickel & dime us, it should be fine.

Something's gone hideously wrong with Deep Down. I don't think Capcom knows what the hell they want to accomplish with it anymore. If it does eventually see the light of day (hey oh!), I'm willing to bet it won't be a F2P title anymore.

Ye with Dragon's Dogma Online i dont see why they would need Deep Down. Im all for Deep Down being a full SP game with Coop or something. Latest footage looked really good with the mimic.

ibmi70jFLkJgrX.gif

Rymuth

Capcom needs to bring their S tier game because their last few events have been absolutely dismal.
Capcoms in a wierd place. Square Enix did a lot of soul searching before Matsuda led them out of the desert.

Capcoms gonna have to go through a lot of growing pains before they find fheir way.

Alo0oy

Banned
Ye with Dragon's Dogma Online i dont see why they would need Deep Down. Im all for Deep Down being a full SP game with Coop or something. Latest footage looked really good with the mimic.

ibmi70jFLkJgrX.gif

Deep Down looks better than Dragon's Dogma Online.

Raises flame shield

Memento

I just want to see Level 5 PS4 project. Ni no Kuni 2, please! PLEASE! Sadly I don't think it will be NnK though. It is supposedly a Sony Japan collaboration, which means Sony will own/already own the IP. So, it is either a new IP or something like Rogue Galaxy 2/Dark Cloud 3/etc. Well, there is always the possibility of Sony buying the IP, but I can't see that happening at all.

Now when talking about the already announced ones: The Last Fucking Guardian, PerFUCKINGsona 5 and Bloodborne Fucking DLC! Give me a new trailer from each of these so I can survive the rest of the year! Please. Also, I would love to see Deep Down again (hoppefully not a F2P anymore), I hope it isn't dead.

PS: If Persona 5 don't show up, I will officially get out of the 2015 Hype Train.

Gravity Rush 2 for PS4! Im very much looking forward to this.

Also want FFXV release date, Level 5s new game, a side order of Nier 2, and how about some Vanquish 2 to wash it all down.

TreIII

If Deep Down isn't at TGS im calling it vaporware.

I'm thinking it was a victim of Capcom likely shifting focus over to UE4. Why spend any more money and time on costly in-house engines like Phanta Rei that may make more work for you, when UE4 can serve all your next gen engine needs?

If it's still alive at all, it's probably been restarted on UE4.

sense

What I want to see. I come with low expectations:

- jRPG from Studio Japan (Sony), 2016
- Level 5, Ni No Kuni 2 with slightly older cast, proper ally AI and tons of options/customizations, 2016
- Atlus, new AAA IP, 2017
- Persona 5, NA 2015 release
- .Hack open world, VR 2016
- Sword Art online open world, VR 2017
- FFXV 2016 and actual fucking date
- KH3, 2016
- DQXI, 2016 including dat localization
- Setsuna jRPG, 2016
- new Mana game, 2017
- SEGA action or jRPG, 2016
- SEGA action or jRPG2, 2017
- Deep Down, 2016
- Monster Hunter PS4, 2017
- Devil May Cry 5, 2016
- Resident Evil 7, 2017
- Metal Gear Rising 2, by Platinum, 2016
- Tekken 7, 2016
- Soul Calibur, 2016
- SquareEnix VR, 2016
- Capcom VR, 2016
- Bandai VR, 2016
- SEGA VR, 2016
- indie VR 2-6 new games, 2016

I think that might qualify as a solid showing from Japan.

Stop being so pessimistic!!! you can do better

half life and Agent are primed for a tgs reveal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom