• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 20 Worst Packaged Foods in America

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worst Frozen Pizza

DiGiorno for One Garlic Bread Crust Supreme Pizza

Worst Candy

Twix (1 package, 2 oz)

Worst Cereal

Quaker(??? LOL) 100% Natural Granola, Oats, Honey & Raisins (1 c)

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!1!!!!!

HOW CAN I LIVE!!??

...How can I live.

V_Arnold

Wow, it's like you've known me my entire life. Except, like, the opposite of that.

No, it is really simple. If you look for foods that are bad for you, and you state that they make a great shopping list for you, I do not need to know you to know that you do not respect your body. Simple as that.

Taste is only one part of the body. Letting that dominate over your whole system is an imbalance. But I am not telling you to correct it. Only you can decide to do that :p

I think the thing that made my eyes pop out the most was the Arizona drink with EIGHTY FOUR GRAMS of sugar. Holy shit. What is that, twenty teaspoons?

Holy Hell, I have a 1.8 quart, five serving bottle of tea here that only has 115 grams. That's insane. A 12 oz can of Pepsi only has 41 grams of sugar.

21 teaspoons. 4 grams= one teaspoon. It's basically HFCS with fruit flavoring.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
No, it is really simple. If you look for foods that are bad for you, and you state that they make a great shopping list for you, I do not need to know you to know that you do not respect your body. Simple as that.

Taste is only one part of the body. Letting that dominate over your whole system is an imbalance. But I am not telling you to correct it. Only you can decide to do that :p

It's only "simple as that" if you're an idiot. Your lectures are woefully misplaced. You don't know me, you don't know the shape I'm in and you're just spouting third grade-level health platitudes like they amount to anything at all. Not to pull this particular card, but you sort of forced the issue - I'm fairly confident that I'm in better shape than most. I complete 4-5 CrossFit WoDs a week, I run 6-7 miles a week, paleo diet (with some freedom over the weekend to enjoy food) and a active-duty Marine who has always scored first class on PFT/CFTs. You're simply talking to the wrong person on this issue, bud.

... and all in response to what couldn't have been more obviously a joke than if it had been delivered by Robin Williams at his most coked out.

ITT: why most of America is fat.
The replies make me cringe.

This book series is a highly entertaining and educational read. It covers pretty much everything out there, including everything mentioned in this thread so far.

A1D930A4-3BE1-42C2-BA0B-8C746BC48A9B-1969-00000561E1A7A214.jpg

pizza1.jpg

Especially this one.
You know what this is? This is rationalising eating extremely unhealthy food with almost no nutritional value by saying 'well look it's not as bad as that other extremely unhealthy food with almost no nutritional value.
Imagining a parent saying to themselves that they are responsible parents by using this book to decide what to feed their kids pisses me off.
Eat this instead picture should have a salad or a balanced proper meal.

Jesus christ.

This is the equivalent of cut off a toe, not your dick.

It's only "simple as that" if you're an idiot. Your lectures are woefully misplaced. You don't know me, you don't know the shape I'm in and you're just spouting third grade-level health platitudes like they amount to anything at all. Not to pull this particular card, but you sort of forced the issue - I'm fairly confident that I'm in better shape than most. I complete 4-5 CrossFit WoDs a week, I run 6-7 miles a week, paleo diet (with some freedom over the weekend to enjoy food) and a active-duty Marine who has always scored first class on PFT/CFTs. You're simply talking to the wrong person on this issue, bud.

... and all in response to what couldn't have been more obviously a joke than if it had been delivered by Robin Williams at his most coked out.

FINISH HIM !!

After this slice of pizza, that is.

V_Arnold

It does not matter what shape you are in.
What matters is that when you go into a thread and made an opening comment like you did, you will have people reacting. Then, you can promptly overreact ("I am hitler, omg"), then once you gather some more reactions, you can pull out the "I am fitter than most of you, fuck off" card out of your lean, muscular body.

Good for you, I guess. :)
I train 8-10 times a week, but I do not see why I should do sandbagging-style posts somewhere else and make ambigious posts that could easily be mistaken for something else entirely. And who the fuck cares how much I train, or how fit I am?

WanderingWind

FINISH HIM !!

After this slice of pizza, that is.

Actually eating paleo tacos made with these: http://realsustenance.com/flax-tortillas-glutengrainstarcheggcornsoynut-free/ right now. Shaved jicama, meat, cilantro, onions, tabasco (NOT PALEO DON'T CARE DAMMIT)

But, I mean, I do disrespect my body, just not in the way V suggested.

It does not matter what shape you are in.
What matters is that when you go into a thread and made an opening comment like you did, you will have people reacting. Then, you can promptly overreact ("I am hitler, omg"), then once you gather some more reactions, you can pull out the "I am fitter than most of you, fuck off" card out of your lean, muscular body.

Good for you, I guess. :)
I train 8-10 times a week, but I do not see why I should do sandbagging-style posts somewhere else and make ambigious posts that could easily be mistaken for something else entirely. And who the fuck cares who much I train, or how fit I am?

Or, maybe try to not make idiotic statements about people you've never met based on two sentences. And "people" didn't react. You did. Poorly. Don't try to create a false sense of solidarity with people who don't exist.

And how the hell are you going to try to pull the "who cares how fit I am" card? This entire thing is because you decided to make judgement calls on my health and intelligence level based on a joke. Spoiler: I am not literally Hitler, either.

Just...stop.

WanderingWind

Why not just use corn tortillas?

Because when phasing in-and-out of my health kicks, I tried the flaxseed ones out. They're pretty damn tasty. Paleo helps me cut weight when I need to, so I go with it as much as possible without turning into a preacher of the health church, no-fun allowed sect.

V_Arnold

Or, maybe try to not make idiotic statements about people you've never met based on two sentencs And "people" didn't react. You did. Poorly. Don't try to create a false sense of solidarity with people who don't exist.

Yeah, because you reacted with this:

I know. Sometimes, I even eat things with sugar. I'm basically Hitler.

To someone who does not exist.

And how the hell are you going to try to pull the "who cares how fit I am" card? This entire thing is because you decided to make judgement calls on my health and intelligence level based on a joke. Spoiler: I am not literally Hitler, either.

Just...stop.

You are very formidable at turning this into an attack, so you can keep at it if you would like. Especially when in your head, "not respecting your body" is suddenly a judgment call on intelligence level or health. No, it is not. If you are comfortable with what you do, no random poster from an internet forum can make you react the way you did in this thread, imho.

Anyway, good luck with paleo. Would be too bland for me as I am a vegetarian :D

slit

You are very formidable at turning this into an attack, so you can keep at it if you would like. Especially when in your head, "not respecting your body" is suddenly a judgment call on intelligence level or health. No, it is not. If you are comfortable with what you do, no random poster from an internet forum can make you react the way you did in this thread, imho.

God, I hope you don't act this way around people. It really comes off douchey.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Fuck you (whoever you are, I'm not really sure who I am addressing here), Twix are good in moderation.

WanderingWind

Nobody believes the lame-ass backpedaling. It's fine, though. We all eventually say some stupid shit. Next time just think before you leap to silly conclusions.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Fuck you (whoever you are, I'm not really sure who I am addressing here), Twix are good in moderation.

Moderation doesn't seem to exist for me, unfortunately. When I had Twix last week, I ate two king-size packs and smeared them all with peanut butter to boot. :\

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
My favourite microwave meal.. This hits the spot every time.

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=266558013

Cooked Pasta,Tomato ,Water ,Milk ,Pepperoni (9%) ,Tomato Juice ,Tomato Purée ,Mature Cheddar Cheese ,Cheese ,Whipping Cream ,Onion ,Olive Oil ,Cornflour ,Mozzarella Cheese ,Red Leicester Cheese (with Colour: Annatto) ,Garlic Purée ,Soft Cheese ,Balsamic Vinegar ,Sugar ,Pectin ,Basil ,Salt ,Oregano ,Black Pepper ,White Pepper ,Cooked Pasta contains: Durum Wheat Semolina ,Water ,Pepperoni contains: Pork ,Pork Fat ,Curing Salt (Sodium Nitrite) ,Salt ,Dextrose ,Rosemary Extract ,Paprika Extract ,Garlic ,Citric Acid ,Paprika ,Pepper Extract ,Starter Culture ,Ginger Extract

Dem ingredients don't look to bad at a glance

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Not even the worst. At least least the digornio has some flavor / somewhat recognizable ingredients. The off brands are on the level of pet food

w8Pl08N.jpg

FqCMDQn.jpg

Honestly, My pets eat better food than I do.

SKINNER!

Banned
My favourite microwave meal.. This hits the spot every time.

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=266558013

Cooked Pasta,Tomato ,Water ,Milk ,Pepperoni (9%) ,Tomato Juice ,Tomato Purée ,Mature Cheddar Cheese ,Cheese ,Whipping Cream ,Onion ,Olive Oil ,Cornflour ,Mozzarella Cheese ,Red Leicester Cheese (with Colour: Annatto) ,Garlic Purée ,Soft Cheese ,Balsamic Vinegar ,Sugar ,Pectin ,Basil ,Salt ,Oregano ,Black Pepper ,White Pepper ,Cooked Pasta contains: Durum Wheat Semolina ,Water ,Pepperoni contains: Pork ,Pork Fat ,Curing Salt (Sodium Nitrite) ,Salt ,Dextrose ,Rosemary Extract ,Paprika Extract ,Garlic ,Citric Acid ,Paprika ,Pepper Extract ,Starter Culture ,Ginger Extract

Dem ingredients don't look to bad at a glance

As much as processed foods are still bad for us (compared to freshly prepared stuff), certain UK processed foods like the one you posted aren't as bad ingredients-wise compared to the ones over in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom