• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taco Bell introduces new BOSS Nachos

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.grubgrade.com/2015/12/02/new-boss-nachos-from-taco-bell/

In October we saw the introduction of BOSS Wraps (I reviewed the Steak & Potato version) and now we get BOSS Nachos. There doesn’t seem to be much of a difference between BOSS Nachos and XXL Steak Nachos. Triple steak versus double steak I guess? XXL is out and BOSS is in.

New BOSS Nachos feature a double portion of meat, beans, guacamole, reduced fat sour cream, nacho cheese sauce, pico de gallo and a 3 cheese blend. The promoted version has a double portion of steak and carries a suggested price of $5.99. You can it with chicken for $5.79 or seasoned beef for $4.99.

Nutrition info for the advertised steak version: 1130 calories, 57 grams of fat, 10 grams of saturated fat, 1990 milligrams of sodium, 116 grams of carbs, 16 grams of fiber, 6 grams of sugar, 38 grams of protein.

WuccK2n.jpg

- J - D -

1100 calories ain't bad. The size of it makes it pretty much a meal in itself.

I mean, the average chipotle burrito alone is 1000+ calories.

The Boss wrap or whatever it's called is good (could use some sauce, hard tortilla in the middle is overly bland), but I like my Nachos entirely differently than... whatever those are. Hard pass.

GavinGT

Banned
I won't be paying that much for Taco Bell nachos.
A couple more dollars and you could get Super Nachos from a real Mexican place.

ApharmdX

Banned
I got the steak one last night. It's... ok, for Taco Bell. If I really want nachos, and I don't want to make them myself, I much prefer Cafe Rio. Their chicken nachos with everything on them are incredible.

My TB still has lava sauce. Guess its only in select locations.

No, they just happened to sell less of it than other locations. They will eventually run out of it at every location. This is confirmed by a Taco Bell employee.

SUCH IS LIFE

FULL OF DISAPPOINTMENT

Dennis

Banned
Sitting here at Moe's having just devoured what must be about 1500 calories worth on nachos, beans and queso this suddenly doesn't look so extreme...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom