• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taco Bell to just throw nachos in a bag: Walking Nachos to be tested in Charlotte, NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Puncher

knsVnnA.jpg

"Need to whip up lunch in a hurry? Dump cheese, guac, sour cream and tortilla chips into a bag and eat the mess with a spork like a animal you piece of shit."

It looks disgusting? Its basically the innards of a regular taco, except its not inside a tortilla now.

Do you also hate the way burrito bowls look from Chipotle?

When they're all mixed together, yeah. It looks kinda gross to me.

Not to say that I don't devour them anyway.

Is that it? Are those two things that unique?

I found an article about it: http://www.columbusmonthly.com/content/stories/2015/01/how-columbus-became-americas-test-market.html

Economist Bill LaFayette points out Columbus stands out from the rest of the U.S. by several measures.

“We are better educated than average; we are somewhat younger than average,” says LaFayette, owner of Regionomics, a Columbus-based economic and workforce strategy firm. “Our household composition is somewhat different than average. For example, we have a smaller percentage of family households and more people living on their own.”

That’s important because marketers aren’t always just looking for a market that best resembles the rest of the U.S. They’re looking for a certain group of people for whom the product is designed.

“In a broad brush, our market may look unusual,” says Paul Carringer of Caring Marketing Solutions. “What you find within that little pie of Columbus is a variety of groups of people that do fit up well with other parts of the nation. That’s why marketers lean to target markets. They’re not as interested in the broad brush as they are with the specific group.”

Fun story. I love Walking Tacos/Nachos. I make them myself a lot (I like making taco salads as well). I usually go much heavier on the veggies to meat ratio so there's just enough to give it a taco zest, but still be more about the veggies. I can't imagine Taco Bell satisfying that.

Anyway, the fun story part. At my High School they served these at football games in bags of fritos. Just threw the meat and veggies into a small bag of fritos. Called them Walking Tacos. My uncle picked me up from the school after a game once and I told him I had a walking taco, and was bragging about how awesome it was. He gave me the most shocked and bewildered look. I later found out that in his day that was slang for vagina. He thought I was eating a vagina and openly bragging about it like it was no big deal at age 16.

norm9

Mexican mom and pop store at my old work used to have a bucket of chili behind the counter for pouring into your dollar bag of Fritos. Was delicious.

This is similar and will give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom