• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redacted by Xia: Taco Bell releases the firecracker Burrito. Hold on to your butts

Slayven

636384110685780123-Firecracker-Burrito-1.jpg

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...rito-taco-bell-creates-firecracker/570235001/
TUSTIN, Calif. — Taco Bell is testing a new dish designed to tickle your tongue, confuse your palette and bring back memories of your childhood.

The Firecracker Burrito starts like many others, with ground beef, warm, rice, nacho cheese, sour cream, spicy sauce and crunchy red strips. But inside the red tortilla, Taco Bell customers are supposed to sprinkle the secret ingredient, a peppery version of what tastes and acts like Pop Rocks — the gimmicky candy that became the talk of sixth grade.

Pop Rocks, around for decades, are those packets of little pebbles that sizzle and snap in the mouth. Taco Bell never calls them by the Pop Rocks trade name. Rather, the packets are labeled as "cayenne popping crystals."

So far, sales of the Firecracker Burrito are limited to four Taco Bells in Orange County, Calif., south of Los Angeles — two in Santa Ana, one in Anaheim and one in Tustin. In October, the chain will test it in Toledo, Ohio.

What happened to good food at a fair price? Now it is all gimmicks and 8 dollar cheeseburgers

hydruxo

Such a strange idea, but I...kind of want to try it. At the very least if the pop rocks part of it is weird you can just eat the burrito without putting it on it.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Mixing this with a Baja Blast is going to be like a cherry bomb down a toilet. I'm in.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
I wanna feel the sensation of rocket fuel coming out of my ass.

FinKL

Wtf Pop Rocks with food?

I swear I just had Pop Rocks in some weird combination recently as well, it's gotta be the new "it" thing...

hydruxo

Whoever came up with this idea was definitely high out of their mind

"What if...we put spicy pop rocks...on a burrito?"

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
They recommend you sprinkle pop rocks on your burrito all while selling you gallon cups of soda. People are going to die. When will T-Bell learn.

Sure it's a gimmick, but at least they are willing to try different things, I'm assuming unlike poprocks the crystals are not sweet, it also says the customer adds them so maybe a little bit might be worth a try.

Top Bottom