• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taco Bell testing Cheesy Core Burritos at select locations (reverse Quesaritos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.grubgrade.com/2016/03/14/new-cheesy-core-burritos-from-taco-bell/

CFDvnFa.jpg
fmwKsvd.jpg

If you’ve been following the Taco Bell test market trend, you’ll know Toledo, Ohio is an important market that helps dictate a potential national release.

There are two versions of Cheesy Core Burritos, the Spicy Cheesy Core Burrito and the Crunchy Cheesy Core Burrito. The burritos look sort of like a reversed version of the Quesarito to me. Construction-wise it looks to be a flour tortilla, seasoned beef outer layer, then premium latin rice, and a Cheesy Roll-Up-style center.

The Spicy Cheesy Core Burrito has jalapeño peppers in its cheesy core which looks to be made up of nacho cheese sauce (possibly includes a three-cheese blend/creamy jalapeño sauce).

The Crunchy Cheesy Core Burrito would be the same outer layers as mentioned above, but with its Cheesy Core consisting of nacho cheese sauce and crunchy red tortilla strips (possibly three-cheese blend too). The seasoned beef version is priced at $1.99, chicken for $2.79, and steak for $2.99.

IONUO0G.jpg

EcrgbjP.jpg

bjork

Taco Bell presents the new: Meat, Bean and Cheese in some Random Order Burrito™

Hah. I want the job creating new Taco Bell menu items. It's like a lego set, but with food items. How many ways can you put these same building blocks together?

FyreWulff

Yeah, our Taco Bell has had these for the past couple of weeks. Was wondering about it since I hadn't seen any ads at all for it.

edit: Omaha, Nebraska, for the record

bigkrev

As someone who likes just about anything Taco Bell puts out.... I don't know about this. It looks fucking GROSS. It looks too cheesy for me- I like me some cheese, but there is a line you can cross where it becomes unappetizing.

Hmm. I love Quesaritos (okay, I like Quesaritos, love is reserved for the Volcano variant RIP in peace), so this looks pretty appealing. Will definitely try it out.

Hmm... Didn't know they were only in test markets... Might try one today,then.

And dammit, they better make the crunch wrap sliders permanent.

reminds me of a pink sock. dunno why

I hate rice with a passion though, so nothing for me.
just a cheap filler without any taste; like chicken "meat"

muteki

Should have used Fritos for the crunchy varient instead. Those red tortilla strips lose their crunch after 2 seconds covered in sauce.

Why? It's still the same thing put in a different order. :/
Try a new recipe or something.
That is like, their whole menu.

Seems like they've been out of ideas for awhile now. After the Dorito taco they've been flinging it, hoping something becomes as big as it.

RootCause

Should have used Fritos for the crunchy varient instead. Those red tortilla strips lose their crunch after 2 seconds covered in sauce.

That is like, their whole menu.
Lol for real? I haven't been to one in a while. I mostly stick to other taco places.
Im jonesing for a Chelupa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom