• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taco Bell testing Cheesy Core Burritos at select locations (reverse Quesaritos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

R-User!

They continue to find new ways to re-arrange their 5 ingredients.

I want a Five Layer Chicken Tostada Nacho Tower please.

*pulls up to second window*

*pays*

*gets handed plastic bag with overly tall cardboard box inside*

*says thanks, drives away content before having ever tried said monstrosity*

DriftedPlanet

Unconfirmed Member
inb4 someone says that look like a prolapsed butthole.

Maybe it's just me but those look really gross

That was gonna be me but....

Looks like a disgusting sushi roll.

I think it looks more like a yeast infection.

As someone who likes just about anything Taco Bell puts out.... I don't know about this. It looks fucking GROSS. It looks too cheesy for me- I like me some cheese, but there is a line you can cross where it becomes unappetizing.

I'm actually queasy looking at it, which is unusual for me.

reminds me of a pink sock. dunno why

I hate rice with a passion though, so nothing for me.
just a cheap filler without any taste; like chicken "meat"

Literally my first thought looking at that was disgust. Surely it tastes better than it looks, but it looks nasty. I think the thin outer layer of brown ground beef is probably the aspect causing disgust. Hopefully it tastes good enough to be worth it for those who try it.

just a few more products to:
http://imgur.com/zF2rd4q
*hurgh* Ugh. Maybe it's because I'm associating every image in this thread (aside from the delicious looking sushi burritos) with Taco Bell. Kinda getting a morbid curiosity towards going and getting one of the Cores.

FyreWulff

So went and got a Spicy Cheesy Core Box.

HV4bNH8l.jpg

you get a loco taco, a regular ass taco, and the Cheesy Core (which amazingly has an actual wrapper already, unusual for the test products I've seen before)

As for how it's put together..

IONUO0G.jpg

oSXYFdfl.jpg

tumblr_inline_mgjwpoiMVZ1roqm64.jpg

food review:

Uh, not really anything interesting about it. The spice was just Fire Sauce they added while making it, plus some jalapenos, so not really spicy at all, especially because they're in the cheese part. It's pretty much the Beefy 5 Layer with a more distinct cheese part. This one doesn't have a future.

Also, the Loco Taco was wrapped as a Fiery Loco Taco but was actually a Dorito Cheese one. Don't know if that was intentional or what.

I give it 1 out of 5 NFL players

EYEL1NER

I hope the location near me gets them because I want one. I like the Quesaritos a lot but the article describing the core of these as being like their Cheese Roll-Ups got me salivating. I was excited to return to the US a couple weeks ago and try to QuesaLupa and I was completely and utterly disappointed by those; I've tried two and the first one had cold cheese in it that had hardened and the second barely had any cheese in the crust. This looks really good to me.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing more depressing than preaching the word and gospel of Taco Bell to someone who has never tried it, and they try it and end up getting shitty cooks who don't make it right.

Lost a friendship, feels bad

FyreWulff

Looks like how they do it is they take an edge, put the cheese on that, do a tight roll over the cheese, then try to fill it in and roll it the rest of the way. problem is that making it closed means you can't have it encircle the first part without beef going everywhere. so it's basically a Stuffed Crust Pizza of Burritos.

Looks like how they do it is they take an edge, put the cheese on that, do a tight roll over the cheese, then try to fill it in and roll it the rest of the way. problem is that making it closed means you can't have it encircle the first part without beef going everywhere. so it's basically a Stuffed Crust Pizza of Burritos.

Nah there's a middle tortilla layer. It's essentially a cheese rollup ( from the value menu ) inside a beef burrito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom