• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taco Bell to just throw nachos in a bag: Walking Nachos to be tested in Charlotte, NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Taco Bell Priming to Test New Walking Nachos:

ZmGrLO5.jpg

It's not exactly a new concept. Walking nachos, walking tacos, fritos pies, and the like have been around since, at least, when I was a kid but it's more of a do-it-yourself kind of thing. Taco Bell's version is basically nachos in a bag. It includes many of the ingredients you'd expect but also features new tortilla chips made specifically for the menu item.

The new chips offer the same crunch and texture as Taco Bell's normal tortilla chips but are bite-sized so you can eat them with a spoon or fork and include a dusting of seasoning.
I'd like the seasoning to Doritos Salsa-flavored chips but without the tanginess; basically, it's Mexican spices with a slight kick.

Other than the new chips, Taco Bell's Walking Tacos include seasoned beef, nacho cheese, shredded 3-cheese blend, sour cream, pico de gallo, and guacamole. Notably missing are beans. Basically, if you like Taco Bell's Nachos Bell Grande, this is a more portable, on-the-go version.

Taco Bell's Walking Nachos are set to begin testing starting mid-August over in Charlotte, NC.

p8rrTl3.jpg
4mzVCdm.jpg

2 Things:

1. That looks disgusting.

2. It's interesting that they're testing these in Charlotte, don't almost all new fast food items get tested in the Columbus, OH region?

breakfuss

2 Things:

2. It's interesting that they're testing these in Charlotte, don't almost all new fast food items get tested in the Columbus, OH region?

Is this a joke or are you serious? Why Columbus?

Also, OP are you some sort of fast food enthusiast lol

Ambient80

2 Things:

Disgusting? It's basically a hard shell taco that's been crushed and put in a bag. We've had these for years at local fairs and such in our area. Usually it's a bag of Fritos or Doritos with taco toppings put inside.

So... basically Tostitos...

*rolls eyes*

I dunno how popular would it be in the US but "tostitos" are popular in Mexico so.. who knows

Disgusting? It's basically a hard shell taco that's been crushed and put in a bag. We've had these for years at local fairs and such in our area. Usually it's a bag of Fritos or Doritos with taco toppings put inside.

I'm sure it tastes fine, it just looks like Walt Disney threw up in a bag.

breakfuss

I'm serious, it's something about Columbus having the perfect demographics for a test market; college town, even split of male to female. Pretty interesting.

That is interesting and random as hell lol.

It's uncouth!

Zackat

This will be a permanent menu item. Kinda like how most people (at least where I live) get burrito bowls at Chipotle because they aren't as messy as a burrito.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Those were amazing when I was served them in the cafeteria in elementary school. Not sure about now.

Man I loved buying these from the food stand at my brothers Pop Warner football practice back in the day. I wonder how the Taco Bell version will taste like compared to the homemade stuff.

2 Things:

It looks disgusting? Its basically the innards of a regular taco, except its not inside a tortilla now.

Do you also hate the way burrito bowls look from Chipotle?

jdouglas

I would not even use a fork. I'd just put my hand in there and grab. Not a dainty grab either. Full palm action.

Liljagare

Is that it? Are those two things that unique?

It's a very international school so. Anyway, it is true,

The nicest thing I got to test when I lived there were the Lo'Fat Pringles. Yeah, we reported the rivers of diahrrea.. rivers of poop.. "issues" they had with them.

Kaladin

Frito pies are awesome. I don't know how to feel about Taco Bell's version. I better be able to customize it on the app.

Fred_62_Frito_Pie_660.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom