• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2011 Spike VGAs: Dec 10th @ 7:30 PM EST, Streaming Online [Kojima: SO SORRY]

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
You state how the only thing that is required for hyping GAF is a woman in a game. I link you awesome footage that you've apparently already seen, and don't take the footage in consideration?

Dude it's 6 months old footage

I watched VGA for BioShock Infinite trailer, hoping newer stuff might be shown, but it was Felicia Day presenting Felicia Day singing (that is what it sounded like to me) over BioShock Infinite clips of stuff we have seen months before

Then GAF posts the red dress pic and the mojo gets going, rather than be wow what a shitty trailer, most are like OMG Girl, legs, ass, ZOMG I can be de-vigined cause I watched the VGA's and have a chance with Felicia

Nizz

nOyNC.gif
jZDcP.gif
My eyes are watering! Hahaha :D :D

JJBro One

WOW people are really thinking arhkham world is real. It was a joke! I mean for crying out loud he's the joker! vg247, shack news, and joystiq are reporting it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

I watched VGA for BioShock Infinite trailer, hoping newer stuff might be shown, but it was Felicia Day presenting Felicia Day singing (that is what it sounded like to me) over BioShock Infinite clips of stuff we have seen months before

Then GAF posts the red dress pic and the mojo gets going, rather than be wow what a shitty trailer, most are like OMG Girl, legs, ass, ZOMG I can be de-vigined cause I watched the VGA's and have a chance with Felicia
Then we were just having a misunderstanding... I understand that you wanted new footage and so did I. I thought you were implying that GAF has no right to hype the game (hence, I linked the footage to you because it seemed as if you hadn't seen it). I was basically trying to "prove" to you that Infinite isn't only tits in games, it looks extremely fucking good (this is something we know even without having seen new footage of it today) - but you already knew that.

jax (old)

Banned
Based on the overall tone of comments directed at Felicia in this thread, I'm not actually shocked that he thought that would pass. Lots of weird unresolved issues going on with some GAFers.

her segments on the show were kind of embarrassing to watch. but yeah; should mean she should be disrespected.

re: cliffy's lauren http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=454772&page=8

DAYUUUMMM HIS BITCH IZ FYYYNNNEEE

OH SHIT CLIFFY B

Cliffy brought his bitch. She is lovely.

Would smang whoever that woman is.

how can a nerdy lookin fuk like him get a smokin hot chik like dat??

props bro either way

a lot of bans from that page. gotta love quick quote.

stupei

The singing was from the female lead character in the game. That was her voice, not Felicia Day. She's singing a variant on a traditional American hymnal that's appropriate to the period the game is set in, a song that's originally about going to heaven where everything will be better but that presumably the characters in the game's world at one time sort of thought applied to what was meant to be their own heaven in the sky. Et cetera. That's the new content, just a bit of mood and flavor.

The thread trashed the trailer plenty, btw. I personally disagree but that's because I wasn't crazy enough to expect new content in a VGA trailer that's obviously targeting people who don't even necessarily know what E3 is. You know, namely the millions of people that bought the first Bioshock game. Sorry you watched a shitty award show for one trailer and are now upset by that but that was a really poor decision on your part. A trailer has never been good enough to watch the VGAs for. If you don't watch this show to laugh at it, if you actually take the awards seriously, if you get hyped and expect great twists and surprises, you will be unhappy.

Noshino

You're missing the point. PS3 owners are saying a game shouldn't be GOTY just because it doesn't work for them while it works for most everyone else. That's pretty self-centered.

It shouldn't win PS3 game of the year, that's fair.

Its pretty self centered to claim that anyone disappointed on Skyrim getting the award is simply doing so just because of the way it runs on the PS3 (which I still don't understand why it isnt okay to claim that, the game runs like shit), when there are other valid claims as well

PS3 problems aside, the game has a really really shitty combat system, and the animations....lol

Im sorry, but the only thing that I can praise Skyrim for is just how big/vast the world is.

Other than that? nope, nothing

And then you pile up the bugs (which Im a bit more understanding of given the size of the game)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Poor Kojima ;_;

Watching the Modern Warfare dev get teabagged on live tv was the lowest point in the history of the gaming industry. That's how you reward a persons hard work? What a fucking joke. I hope all developers going forward boycott Spike and their disgusting display of so called respect.

Watching the Modern Warfare dev get teabagged on live tv was the lowest point in the history of the gaming industry. That's how you reward a persons hard work? What a fucking joke. I hope all developers going forward boycott Spike and their disgusting display of so called respect.

It's a tv show on spiked. Were you expecting respect and dignity?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

This. As I said previously, how the hell do they expect the artistic community to take games seriously when we pull this kind of childish behavior on our awards show? Absolutely pathetic.

Wow. Where was I for that?

Also, developers will not boycott this if it gives them a chance to advertise upcoming projects and sponsorship and all that.

Wait what the hell? I was watching the stream at work but i must have missed this part. Is there a link anywhere?

Mxrz

Liked:

- Last of us.
- Transformers
- Spiderman
- Felicia's ass while she was hanging from wall.
- Dangerous as fuck / accident waiting to happen Fruit cutting.
- Miyamoto looking both drunk and terrified at the same time.

Disliked:

- Angry bother yelling at a white guy for 10 minutes, only to then see like 20 awards be thrown out so quick I couldn't even tell what was what.
- Lame fucking teabag stuff.
- About everything else.

Disliked:

- Angry bother yelling at a white guy for 10 minutes, only to then see like 20 awards be thrown out so quick I couldn't even tell what was what.

A lot of my attention was on Twitter and the thread admittedly, but the only awards I can recall even seeing was GOTY, Best 360 game and whatever Miyamoto was on stage for. It's like all the lame skits overshadowed actual awards.

I was fine with most everything except for the teabagging... just horrible, especially when that is the reason the speeches are so short. I understand that they want to make the show appeal to their target demographic but still. To those wanting a more 'classy show', do not expect this to ever happen unless the show moves to another network or if Spike changes their target demographic all together.

Top Bottom