• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 3rd Birthday is celebrated March 29 in North America, Joystiq says no PSN release

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Takao said:
I've shot an email to the writer of the article since Joystiq is the only one reporting this, asking if he recieved direct confirmation from Square Enix that it wouldn't be on PSN.

I can also try poking S-E PR.

DR2K said:
Not as big of a deal with CFW around.
Agreed (since it's how I've been playing KH: BBSFM on my Go), but for those people that don't have access to a CFW 1000/2000 and have a Go only, it really does suck for them.

Hopefully SE will announce a PSN release.

StuBurns

Banned
I don't really care personally in terms of this game, I was just going to buy which ever version was cheaper, but Type-0 I really hope they get on PSN.

seady

Isn't PSN share across multiple platform? Be it PSP or NGP.
If it is not on PSN now, it means it won't be there for NGP too. It's not like they are making a new store for the NGP.

Omiee

if this is not on psn im not getting it, im only getting psp titles now that i can download later on my ngp

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What the fuck.

I guess I'll buy the retail box. But I was gonna buy it off PSN day one if that was the case. Square, you fuck heads. There is no excuse for this like there is Kingdom Hearts. :|

Jigsaw

Banned
btw the european "twisted edition"

3rd-birthday-twisted-eeu6s.jpg

red umd case?do want!

StuBurns

Banned
duckroll said:
I was just wondering because that picture shows a page with her outfits and Lightning isn't there. That doesn't really mean anything either way though, that's why I asked.

duckroll

StuBurns said:
I was just wondering because that picture shows a page with her outfits and Lightning isn't there. That doesn't really mean anything either way though, that's why I asked.

It's 2 pages of an artbook thingy... wut...

duckroll

StuBurns said:
I was just asking. It seems like by the contents of that page, it should be on it, that's all.

Why? Those are not all the costumes, there are probably another 2 pages. Or 4...

StuBurns

Banned
duckroll said:
Why? Those are not all the costumes, there are probably another 2 pages. Or 4...
I'd only seen those four plus Lightning, and I'd seen them in a few different places so I thought that's all there were. Fair enough.

graywolf323

Square-Enix USA must be run by idiots if the Japanese release was put on PSN but the American is going to be UMD only

Snaku

Banned
graywolf323 said:
Square-Enix USA must be run by idiots if the Japanese release was put on PSN but the American is going to be UMD only

It's like they want people to pirate it. =/

Yaweee said:
At this point, I just don't believe the note about no PSN version. That the OP's question in the comments section got deleted, and no other sites have any kind of press release, should be red flags.

The fact that they don't mention that it'll be available on PSN in the press release is very telling. Here's their Lord of Arcana press release

Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX interactive entertainment products in North America, announced today the release date for Lord of Arcana, the upcoming action role-playing game drenched in mythic lore and brutal combat. Lord of Arcana is currently set to release at North American retailers and via digital download from the PlayStation Store on January 25, 2011 for the PSP (PlayStation Portable) system. Players will soon unchain a visceral storm of metal and blood on hordes of nefarious creatures as they battle to become the Lord of Arcana.

http://psp.ign.com/articles/113/1135265p1.html

Kagari said:
Good, no Square tax this time. Dissidia 012 is also supposedly $29.99 just so you guys know.

If the Splinter Cell trilogy turns out well, then March is going to be rather big for me with Dissidia 012. I'm liking the $30 price tag, as well.

Takao

Banned
Yaweee said:
At this point, I just don't believe the note about no PSN version. That the OP's question in the comments section got deleted, and no other sites have any kind of press release, should be red flags.

Actually, my comments are there now, it apparently just takes Joystiq 20 minutes for them to appear?

Teknoman

If no PSN version is true, that does suck for those that own PSP go...and choices are always nice, but if you want the game and have the ability to play it, I dont think you should pass it up.

If there's no PSN version on release, I won't be buying it on release... I'll wait until we see if it ends up on PSN with the release of the NGP, and if that doesn't happen, I'll buy a used copy of the UMD for $10 in November... :p

Posted on 2 February, 2011 at 4:04 pm by HiddenAway
Rumours are abound that there won’t be a PSN release for this in the US, despite it being a day and date release in Japan.
So, is there going to be a PSN version of the game in Europe/US?
I’ll be extra cheeky and also ask where the hell is the Dissidia Duodecim release date

Posted on 2 February, 2011 at 4:09 pm by Rob Rutter
Hi HideenAway, I’m afraid there’s no news I can talk about yet on a PSN release.
As for Dissidia Duodecim, please wait just a little longer

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011...-coming-to-psp/comment-page-1/#comment-131316

Oni Jazar

Teknoman said:
If no PSN version is true, that does suck for those that own PSP go...and choices are always nice, but if you want the game and have the ability to play it, I dont think you should pass it up.

It's not just for Go owners. I don't own a Go but I've bought every PSP game I wanted on PSN since they started doing it. I knew it would be future proof with PSP2. I also like not having a disc, not wasting batteries spinning, not hearing the seek noise, faster loading, etc, etc.

As for CFW I got out of that rat race partly because of PSN releases and I don't think PSP2 will be cracked as easily (at least I hope not).

So in conclusion, fuck that noise.

Gattsu25

Banned
Oni Jazar said:
It's not just for Go owners. I don't own a Go but I've bought every PSP game I wanted on PSN since they started doing it. I knew it would be future proof with PSP2. I also like not having a disc, not wasting batteries spinning, not hearing the seek noise, faster loading, etc, etc.

As for CFW I got out of that rat race partly because of PSN releases and I don't think PSP2 will be cracked as easily (at least I hope not).

So in conclusion, fuck that noise.
Nearly word for word describes my situation.

I own a Go but have been PSN only for a while. I got the Go when I realized that I didn't play a UMD game in almost 6 months

Bought KH on UMD and gave that away almost a week later (the hand-me-down portion of the gifts I gave to my brother on his birthday)

rainking187 said:
I hope they include the DLC Dissidia costume in the US release.
Yes, me too. There's been no mention of the DLC costumes in the US. But the costumes have been acknowledged in the UK & Europe. WTF?!

duckroll

TheChillyAcademic said:
People plan on playing The 3rd Bday on the NGP? lol The same can be said of any game that came out before the big DD rush on PSN.

Hmm? I don't think it's the same at all. The game is available in Japan on PSN, it was up day and date with the JP release. It was released on all Asian PSN stores too. The game is really high end PSP game, and it's a third person shooter with camera controls mapped onto the d-pad. I'm sure a lot of the audience interested in the game in the first place, would like to eventually be able to play it with dual analogs if possible.

Emitan

TheChillyAcademic said:
People plan on playing The 3rd Bday on the NGP? lol The same can be said of any game that came out before the big DD rush on PSN.
But DD is here now and standard. Comparing a game coming out after the announcement of the NGP to games that came out before DD was even implemented is stupid.

Takao

Banned
I've updated the OP with some news that may frighten Tactics Ogre fans hoping for a PSN release of the remake here.

Top Bottom